Sabres eliminated from playoff contention

millbank

Sabres 12 % Chance to make playoffs

Jim Kelly article explaing what the heck this is

Going into tonight's game according to this calculation Sabres have 12 % shot at playoffs. Leafs have 0% :lol: (makes stats somewhat credible .

12%, that much... Sure feels like zero.. I'll remember the last second goal against Atlanta, choking against the Isles, losing two to Ottawa down the stretch...Reverse those four games and Buffalo would be fighting game for game for the playoff spots. Now they need to play something like 80% and hope the teams in front of them tank..

Alive for another night.. Go Sabres..

Should be a few % lower after tonight. Canadiens won, Pathers won and Rangers got a point. Not good all around.

True, however we ( Sabres ) have between 1 and 3 games in hand on the teams above us, if we win all of those games, it gives us a decent chance. Of course the Sabres will also need help as they no longer control their own fate. But isnt the smallest chance still a chance to root?

True, however we ( Sabres ) have between 1 and 3 games in hand on the teams above us, if we win all of those games, it gives us a decent chance. Of course the Sabres will also need help as they no longer control their own fate. But isnt the smallest chance still a chance to root?

I have to wonder if they have EVER controlled their own fate since 2006-2007... :unsure:

That's right. Leafs have been going nowhere since beginning of season, but at times because they a young group of players and new coach general manager play each and every game with a great deal of effort. In the past week and a half for instance a game between Tampa Bay and Leafs was as entertaining a game as you are going to see. The last game against Washington the goalie getting speared into the net , referee allowing it for a goal, the goalie getting kicked out for flipping his lid and Cujo coming in , being unconscious for remainder of game, overtime and shootout, just fun to watch. My point is sure its disappointing the plight of your favorite team, but if you a hockey fan you can enjoy individual games if both participants give their full effort.

Regarding playoffs for the Sabres, Montreal have not showed a great deal in losing to the Leafs at home and beating two of the worst teams in the league, Montreal appear a huge mess of team, its not inconceivable they win few of their remaining games. Its very possible things will look a great deal brighter in another week where it appears so dark today.

There is hope.

It disappointing when your favorite team not in playoffs, but still much to look forward to as the tournament that is the hockey playoffs amongst the most exciting in sport.

Site shows odds go up to 12.5% if Sabres win tonight and down to 3.5% if we lose.

One game at a time, at least put together a good dame for us fans regardless of playoffs. :thumbsup:

They have a zero percent chance if they don't get two points.

Just bank the two points and move on to the next one.

Yup! :thumbsup:

Site shows odds go up to 12.5% if Sabres win tonight and down to 3.5% if we lose.

One game at a time, at least put together a good game for us fans regardless of playoffs. :thumbsup:

Care to guess what the gap will be for the Canadiens game? Four point game against the 8th place team with 8 games left!

Yup! :thumbsup:

Care to guess what the gap will be for the Canadiens game? Four point game against the 8th place team with 8 games left!

The numbers do show if we go 8-1 or 7-0-2 down the stretch we have a 92.7% or greater chance of making it in. eeeesh.

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

I know it's gay, but whatever....

The numbers do show if we go 8-1 or 7-0-2 down the stretch we have a 92.7% or greater chance of making it in. eeeesh.

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

I know it's gay, but whatever....

I had them out when they got blanked by the Isles. Sabres haven't taken care of business.

But the Fly-boys going belly-up last night to the Panthers just gave me one more reason to hate them. As if I needed another.

I said the exact same thing this morning...I saw the score and just shook my head and said "God, I hate the Flyers."

This is fun to watch what a great site!

Hopefully just maybe. :unsure: They continue to increase.

one a side note this week has been especially difficult for my family. My daughter was diagnosed with Diabetes and my grandma was diagnosed with Lung Cancer. So any positives at this point are something good.

Think tonight is just a little bit important? The numbers say so:

Sabres chances of making it ...

21.7% if the Sabres win

4.6% if the Canadiens win

The Panther's game will also change it by +/- a couple of %. The Ranger's game is worth a little less and the Hurricanes' game a little less than that.

Think tonight is just a little bit important? The numbers say so:

Sabres chances of making it ...

21.7% if the Sabres win

4.6% if the Canadiens win

The Panther's game will also change it by +/- a couple of %. The Ranger's game is worth a little less and the Hurricanes' game a little less than that.

14.6%

I believe I am reading this correctly.

Archived