GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7:00pm

Well, I will watch tonight. Why? Because I'm a Buffalo Sabres fan. I don't really care how far they've fallen, I still love the team. I want to get all the hockey in I can get before October. Apparently Telqvist is starting tonight, whatever that means. He can't really score on the powerplay or line up a big hit in the corner, but maybe he won't give up a backbreaking goal while the team searches for offense. Who knows...

I may still be drinking the Kool-Aid for saying this....

but...

there's also that smallest of small possibilities that the Sabres will rally and make the playoffs. I have found out through years and years of this that you really can't count out a Lindy Ruff team till its all over. If the rally starts, it starts tonight. It also ends tonight, which is why this is a huge friggin game. If for whatever reason, the sabres get up for this game, its on like donkey kong.

7:00pm

Well, I will watch tonight. Why? Because I'm a Buffalo Sabres fan. I don't really care how far they've fallen, I still love the team. I want to get all the hockey in I can get before October. Apparently Telqvist is starting tonight, whatever that means. He can't really score on the powerplay or line up a big hit in the corner, but maybe he won't give up a backbreaking goal while the team searches for offense. Who knows...

I may still be drinking the Kool-Aid for saying this....

but...

there's also that smallest of small possibilities that the Sabres will rally and make the playoffs. I have found out through years and years of this that you really can't count out a Lindy Ruff team till its all over. If the rally starts, it starts tonight. It also ends tonight, which is why this is a huge friggin game. If for whatever reason, the sabres get up for this game, its on like donkey kong.

I am with you corp I will be watching but the enthusiasm level is definitely down.

I'll be at this one and cheering my ars off. Hopefully the crowd doesn't sit on their hands or boo all night. If you're not into the game go home. We definitely need the PP to be working tonight, the numbers must be something like 1 for 25 or something. The good news is everyone seems to be healthy, if only...

They still have playoff hopes because of how badly a couple of other teams have been playing. Tonight is their opportunity to gain some based both through a loss by one of those teams (Florida) and their own win (as they did in their last win, which was against Florida.) We've all been saying "they have to win tonight or it's over" for a while now, but I actually believe that it's true this time. A loss tonight would put them seven behind Florida and Montreal (and technically Carolina for even games played, but they banked four points in their next two games) with 9 games left. Even with a game-in-hand on Florida and head-to-head with Montreal, it's too much to ask both for the Sabres to win out and Florida/Montreal to each play 0.500 hockey down the stretch. Of course, being the glutton for punishment that I am, I would still watch with hope in my heart. A win tonight brings Florida within three with a game-in-hand and keeps Montreal within five with equal games played and a head-to-head. Still a long shot, but not impossible. Certainly more possible than they deserve to be after the last two weeks. The only thing that I can hope for is that Miller's eminent return will spark the team for a final push. If that won't do it, nothing will and they should continue to play for a better draft spot (we could let Toronto go by on Friday with losses in the next two and Ottawa knocking on our door.)

That's a funny name for Rivet. Did you think of that one all by yourself or did you have help? <_<

I had help. I called like 6 people to think of a way to turn his name into something resembling his game.

This is the best we can offer. Apparently there are not a lot of synonyms for poop that fit will with either Riv- or -vet.

:chris: :unsure: :wallbash:

Archived