GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Guest Sloth

I know Buffalo has not won this game yet, but if they were to go out on winning streak, what would have to happen for the Sabres to get in the playoffs?

Guest Sloth

I just checked the standings. If Buffalo were to some how win out, the Sabres would need Florida and Montreal to lose a few games. It's possible...

Kick his ass Rivet!!!!

I have been on the dark side of the moon... I swore this place off till tonight... Has something been happening with the ESPN satellite? A few days ago, I lost my Sirius antenna for a spell... Now the online feed is slow and delayed? Hope it is just "space junk"... My wife is probably sending it up there to disrupt any feeds! ;)

What did I do when I was 14 years old and had to wait till the morning paper! Now I get in a lather if I have to wait 10 minutes! :blush:

Can't even yank NHL.com... For a spell.

Guest Sloth
actually true but canes have 3 games and 9 points on us. They are best chance to catch but have won 5 in a row so we need them to go into a 5 game loss streak and us win 5

Why not more than 5? The more the better!

go away the karma started in right direction :thumbsup:

I hear ya. I mean really. They looked dead and done. They could care less looks on their faces. And boom, what happened. If this doesn't get them going, what will?

Vanek was invisible again though as was Stafford. Not good signs.

I'm in shock.

I'm leaving again. :)

so i'm sitting in the coffee shop on campus doing work, and i check the score. 2 - 1 panthers in the 3rd. I laughed. Typical.

I check back with 5 left...and it's 4-3 Sabres? :huh:

Watched the end of it online. Got to see Max actually score a goal (he almost missed :P) What the heck happened out there tonight?

actually true but canes have 3 games and 9 points on us. They are best chance to catch but have won 5 in a row so we need them to go into a 5 game loss streak and us win 5

They beat OTT tonight....they have 11pts. on us still... we have three games in hand, with 9 games to go.

Anything can happen, but we far enough back from the pack that we'd need some considerable help to catch NYR, PIT, or CAR.

They beat OTT tonight....they have 11pts. on us still... we have three games in hand, with 9 games to go.

Anything can happen, but we far enough back from the pack that we'd need some considerable help to catch NYR, PIT, or CAR.

If we get in, it will be the 8th spot, but that's highly unlikely as well. Carolina is a mile away

Good win for the Sabres against a team that they had to win against. Great comeback. I thought Tellqvist played well. I was very impressed with the effort during the 2:07 in the third period. They really had a lot of fight in them and showed it. I was shocked that Vanek, Moore, and Stafford were benched in the third. When the Sabres needed offense, I was surprised Lindy benched them. But, with the way Vanek was passing off easy shots/goals with idiotic passes, he deserved to be benched. I thought Pominville and Max played really well tonight. Max had a strong third and played well defensively as well. It was good to see Rivet act like a captain tonight with a goal and an a$$-kicking. This is what I wanted to see out of this team, where has it been?

Oh well, just when they get us excited with a great comeback win, I expect them to lose to a hapless, lifeless team in Toronto and just ruin our hopes. Only thing I'm interested in the Toronto game is to see if Miller plays and how he plays after coming back from injury. If he plays, the Sabres have a chance at least. We'll see how the games go from here on out, but if nothing else and they don't make the playoffs, tonight was a good win and very entertaining.

Guest Sloth

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Washington made a MAJOR run last year to make the playoffs. They finished 9-1, right? Why not Buffalo?

Because Buffalo doesn't have Ovechkin. I'd start with that. Or Semin or Backstrom. But, who knows? Anything can happen.

Come on, let's stop making out the Sabres to be some ECHL team. Do they have a Ovechkin? No. Nobody does. But Thomas Vanek is pretty damn good too. You know, AO gets streaky too. Right?

Great game tonight. Before the game, my friend asked me if i was going to watch and i said of course, i love hockey and i love the Sabres. But, i said i don't expect any miracles. I don't think we're making the playoffs. And i still don't. But, tonight was maybe the best they've played in the 3rd period all year, and they have had several solid periods this season. They were not losing this game. They were flying out there. Wish we had seen that type of effort a few times last several weeks and we wouldn't be in this mess right now. Oh well. What can you do. It was a good effort and glad they won it. If we don't make it, which i still think we don't, i'm glad we made it hard on someone else too... Florida is in big trouble tonight as well. Their fans are now second guessing not trading Jay Bouwmeester.

Archived