GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

6:00pm

Carolina has looked absolutely horrible lately. There's zero reason why the Sabres should lose to this team. With that said, Buffalo always finds a way to play down to the competition. However, tonight should be different. They need to capitalize on the Big Mo they got friday night and roll tonight. I have a feeling that the population of pominville is about to have an explosion. Also, I would really like to see the defense tighten up, since they really made things interesting friday. Beat the canes... I hate that team.

The Cane lost last night. The Sabres did not play yesterday. The Canes are coming in after a loss and are tired since they played yesterday. The Sabres just won on Friday. There is no excuse for the Sabres to lose tonight. None. With that said, I expect a close game. We need a big performance from the Hecht-Connolly-Pominville line tonight and some PP goals. Critical is that the PK has not played strong, and we need the PK to play strong tonight.

More importantly, this game provides an enormous opportunity for the Sabres to get some real seperation for a playoff spot. A win tonight, and they have a 7 point lead over both Pitt and Carolina with 25 games to play for all three teams. A loss and its only 3 over Carolina and 5 over Pitt. They should need no more incentive than that. A win and they can turn to moving up in the standings, and work in Lalime more and keep Miller fresh because a loss or two won't drop them out of a playoff spot. This game is really big in terms of how it impacts the rest of the season, and I expect them to know it and play accordingly.

There's zero reason why the Sabres should lose to this team.

Amazing the optimism a heart felt win brings to the fanbase.

There is no excuse for the Sabres to lose tonight.

I can think of one. They are the freaking Buffalo Sabres. They always lose these games.

...and I expect them to know it and play accordingly.

I don't. This team has been Jeckle and Hyde all season. I don't know why consistency would seep into their veins at this point.

Amazing the optimism a heart felt win brings to the fanbase.

I can think of one. They are the freaking Buffalo Sabres. They always lose these games.

I have to agree - It would be very much in-character for this team to beat the best in the league, and then go out and deliver an absolute stinker against a team they should beat, at least on paper.

But the most apparent reason for playing a clunker tonight, would be my renewed belief that they may have turned a corner.

Once that happens and I speak openly about it.... Well, I guess we'll be a lot wiser in about 12 hours.

Once that happens and I speak openly about it....

I feel the same about the Bills. I was pumped, although very cautious, about the team through 6 games. I asked for a Bills pullover for my B-day, and the Bills went Buffalo. (Buffalo - the act of ripping out a fans heart and stomping on it, putting it back into said fan, then ripping it out again and stomping on it some more)

6:00pm

Carolina has looked absolutely horrible lately. There's zero reason why the Sabres should lose to this team. With that said, Buffalo always finds a way to play down to the competition. However, tonight should be different. They need to capitalize on the Big Mo they got friday night and roll tonight. I have a feeling that the population of pominville is about to have an explosion. Also, I would really like to see the defense tighten up, since they really made things interesting friday. Beat the canes... I hate that team.

Would that be a Buffalo Baby Boom?

:unsure:

I feel the same about the Bills. I was pumped, although very cautious, about the team through 6 games. I asked for a Bills pullover for my B-day, and the Bills went Buffalo. (Buffalo - the act of ripping out a fans heart and stomping on it, putting it back into said fan, then ripping it out again and stomping on it some more)

I've pretty much given up on expecting a lot from the Bills. These past few seasons, I've just watched every game complaining the entire time saying "oh well, looks like we're losing this one" until something else happens and they pull off a win. This past season I definitely put it on a silver platter for them to cut, cook and feast upon.

Sabres need to show why they are a good team when they play teams like this. Get the two points, do it in a dominating fashion. Move up in the standings. Not much else to say about it.

Can't say much more than what has already been said. Big four point game that could finally give them some breathing room, all the reasons in the world why they should win and just one why they shoudn't: they don't win games that they should. I hope they prove us all wrong.

Edit: the Sabres better realize that, as much as it is a big game for them, it's at least as big for the 'Canes. Another loss would put them way on the outside. There, one real reason why they shouldn't win; hopefully it will be enough for them to take this seriously.

Not sure this is the place for this, but I have CI on DTV, and cannot find a listing for this game. Glad I checked as have an obligation at 6pm, and was just checking to make sure it would be recorded. Any ideas out there??? I assume it is on MSG, but that just says TBA for the time period

I wouldn't expect too much out of this team tonight. They have proven they are not mentally strong. They are coming of an emotional night against the Sharks. I have zero faith they can maintain the momentum and emotion from the other night. It's frustrating that it takes a tragedy close to home to bring out the emotion in this team. This would be a much better team in a much better position if they could generate emotion every night.

Not sure this is the place for this, but I have CI on DTV, and cannot find a listing for this game. Glad I checked as have an obligation at 6pm, and was just checking to make sure it would be recorded. Any ideas out there??? I assume it is on MSG, but that just says TBA for the time period

Try 638 or 638-1.. It's definitely there.

Folks a little dose of reality here. These two teams have essentially the same record (Carolina, 27-24-5 vs Buffalo, 29-21-6). If anything, this should be a competitive game that could go either way. Just because Carolina is a few points below us doesn't make us that much a better team.

You guys have beat the Canes 5 times in a row at your house. If you make it 6 it will be time for the Canes to start working on the golf swing. We need this game. :wallbash:

Even if we made it 10 in a row at home,it still wont cure the ails from when you guys knocked us out of the playoffs in 06. :thumbsup:

Don't forget to keep an eye on the other important games today. We should root for Vancouver, Washington and (as hard as it is to swallow) Philadelphia for wins today as well. It will make one helluva log jam of 5-8 in the East...

Yep. It is indeed painful to root for the fly boys. But i'd much rather have them solidify there 4th place seed,rather than have the Rags gain 2 points. If Philly can keep there 4th place spot,things will remain tight from 5 to 8. If Philly loses there seperation from the pack,things become even more complicated.

Folks a little dose of reality here. These two teams have essentially the same record (Carolina, 27-24-5 vs Buffalo, 29-21-6). If anything, this should be a competitive game that could go either way. Just because Carolina is a few points below us doesn't make us that much a better team.

Yes, but another reality is that we just had an emotional win over San Jose, and the Canes just lost to the Panthers and Blue Jackets by a combined 10-1. The losses to the Sens were disappointing, but the fact of the matter is that we captured 7 out of the last 10 available points against some tough teams and division rivals. I say we have the upper hand.

Yep. It is indeed painful to root for the fly boys. But i'd much rather have them solidify there 4th place seed,rather than have the Rags gain 2 points. If Philly can keep there 4th place spot,things will remain tight from 5 to 8. If Philly loses there seperation from the pack,things become even more complicated.

Not sure I won't be rooting for a Rangers victory today. If they win (and we win), we're three points from the 4th spot. It's better to keep things all bunched up I think. ESPECIALLY if this five-team pack breaks away from the 9th and below (so there's less worry about missing the playoffs), then bunching up is just great stuff.

Should be a great day for hockey; to the beer store, then the couch! :beer: GO SABRES!

Yep it is!!! Have no idea on why it was not showing up for me. I have the Sbres set to autorecord, and it was not there. Thatnk you wjag for the help

Like me, you probably have what they call a "legacy" receiver, meaning it's really old. As of friday, for some reason, the CI channels don't show up in the 700's anymore and you have to go to the regional sports channels to see the games from now on. I found this out after over an hour in phone trees and with techs who had no idea of this change.

Not sure I won't be rooting for a Rangers victory today. If they win (and we win), we're three points from the 4th spot. It's better to keep things all bunched up I think. ESPECIALLY if this five-team pack breaks away from the 9th and below (so there's less worry about missing the playoffs), then bunching up is just great stuff.

The Flyers have a bigger lead (though, only slight) and a couple of games-in-hand. We need to stay ahead of two of the top 10 teams in the East (barring any major run by the Leafs or Sens) to make the playoffs. A Rags loss helps that cause a lot. We have a better chance (looking not just at their records, but also their recent play -- remember that the Flyers started slow, while the Rangers started hot) of beating the Rangers and Canadiens than the Flyers. I'd rather have a very strong chance against one very close team at a cost of letting a further team separate than a weak chance against both teams. Until we ever get comfortable separation from the 9th place team, I'm worried about that first. However, our game is more important than all the rest combined.

1-0 Flyers in the first

Archived