GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Yes, but another reality is that we just had an emotional win over San Jose, and the Canes just lost to the Panthers and Blue Jackets by a combined 10-1. The losses to the Sens were disappointing, but the fact of the matter is that we captured 7 out of the last 10 available points against some tough teams and division rivals. I say we have the upper hand.

Agreed. Some of you people on this board must walk outside every morning expecting to get hit by a car. How depressing you are.

The Sabres have been a pretty hot team since the beginning of the year. Even Boston loses a game or two. What do you think THEY think of their loses to us?

The Flyers have a bigger lead (though, only slight) and a couple of games-in-hand. We need to stay ahead of two of the top 10 teams in the East (barring any major run by the Leafs or Sens) to make the playoffs. A Rags loss helps that cause a lot. We have a better chance (looking not just at their records, but also their recent play -- remember that the Flyers started slow, while the Rangers started hot) of beating the Rangers and Canadiens than the Flyers. I'd rather have a very strong chance against one very close team at a cost of letting a further team separate than a weak chance against both teams. Until we ever get comfortable separation from the 9th place team, I'm worried about that first. However, our game is more important than all the rest combined.

1-0 Flyers in the first

The Rangers look absolutely horrible. 5-0 now. Between periods, the studio staff were talking about how the Rangers "need" Avery if they continue to play this poorly.

The Rangers look absolutely horrible. 5-0 now. Between periods, the studio staff were talking about how the Rangers "need" Avery if they continue to play this poorly.

Rangers are really struggling... Being down 5-0 to the Philly's is the moral equivalent to rock bottom..

Edit: Just after I type this, they get a goal..

ANY team that needs that nobody, should be moved.

Immediately. I don't care where.

Seriously.

Good to see though :lol:

The Flyers have a bigger lead (though, only slight) and a couple of games-in-hand. We need to stay ahead of two of the top 10 teams in the East (barring any major run by the Leafs or Sens) to make the playoffs. A Rags loss helps that cause a lot. We have a better chance (looking not just at their records, but also their recent play -- remember that the Flyers started slow, while the Rangers started hot) of beating the Rangers and Canadiens than the Flyers. I'd rather have a very strong chance against one very close team at a cost of letting a further team separate than a weak chance against both teams. Until we ever get comfortable separation from the 9th place team, I'm worried about that first. However, our game is more important than all the rest combined.

1-0 Flyers in the first

Yes, definitely agree with everything you said. I think I'm maybe a little overconfident that the Rags are completely screwed and are going to eventually drop out! Oh and 5-0 Philly now haha.

Definitely most important thing is a victory in Buffalo.

Friday's third period (except the last few minutes) reminded me too much of the 07-08 Sabres. Then suddenly reminded me of 06-07 Sabres. UNLESS our key guys step it up and carry this momentum, I'm a little worried. I'm hoping that maybe Pominville can use Friday snap out of his little (well, pretty huge) funk. Seems like there's a lot of pressure on him.

Miller's looked tired the last three games... reminds me of last season (bad)

(Note: wrote this hours ago)

Folks a little dose of reality here. These two teams have essentially the same record (Carolina, 27-24-5 vs Buffalo, 29-21-6). If anything, this should be a competitive game that could go either way. Just because Carolina is a few points below us doesn't make us that much a better team.

Really, given the point spread and parity of these teams, every game for us and any of the teams in the 4th through 9th position can be called competitive from this point out however florida has really caught my attention with their play of late and a team to watch. I know the 2 games we have left against them will be huge for final seeding.

Did you forget that I will be at the game with my 1-7 record this year. :cry:

You should not be allowed to go :nana: however if you insist then I will just have to hopefully believe sooner than the later the law of averages will catch up to your record of shame. ;)

Agreed. Some of you people on this board must walk outside every morning expecting to get hit by a car. How depressing you are.

The Sabres have been a pretty hot team since the beginning of the year. Even Boston loses a game or two. What do you think THEY think of their loses to us?

Spoken like a true fan, I also see more positive growth then negative. Yes this team has had many ups and downs like the stock market lately but I also see some really good team building and leadership emerging. I don't care if the score is 7-1 or 1-0 as long as we win. What did we do Friday, we won but allot of people chose to focus on the breakdowns that almost cost us the game instead of the persistence and determination that won it. Not me... This team has been playing some good hockey now for the last 4-6 weeks and even though we had a hiccup against Ottawa lets give ottawa some credit rather than our team discredit because they are playing allot better than they were.... Go Bflo

I just read in the News that the Canes are 7-2 in the second of back to back games.

Yes I was going to post that same interesting stat, however short of a bad day for miller if we come ready to work we are the better team and there is no reason we should not be able to make this game at home count for the 2pts that will draw the race tighter and specifically us into a tie with the hated Rags.. Lets Go bflo...

You're my hero. I couldn't have said it better myself, again :worthy:

I feel an absolute BEATDOWN tonight. I'm thinking 8-1 good guys. Let the Beer flow and the biscuits find the basket!!!!

Archived