GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

The real question is will the Flyers deal Marty at this deadline to a team looking for a starter. He has been outplayed by Niittymaki, will likely be let walk if he makes it to the summer and they have very little cap space to make any other moves. Sound familiar?

Sure... I would if I were the Flyers. I do admit, it is purely emotional (my reaction)... I can't explain it but Marty brought a certain vibe to the Sabres... They could have waited to deal... He was a like to their past the longest.

Sure... I would if I were the Flyers. I do admit, it is purely emotional (my reaction)... I can't explain it but Marty brought a certain vibe to the Sabres... They could have waited to deal... He was a like to their past the longest.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Marty:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNc5y2wpw1Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNc5y2wpw1Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

If he were willing to come back a play 30-35 games for, say, $2.5 million per year, I'd say do it. Won't happen (not even close), but it would be great if it did.

They tied DET for the Prez... And if it wasn't for the freak OCT snowstorm where they beat DET in a SO then they would have lost the Prez. DET probably wanted to get the eff out of there (BFLO)!!

:nana:

Had they not gone 12-6-2 over the last month-and-a-half after trading Marty, the Sabres wouldn't have been in a position to earn the Trophy based on the tiebreaker. :nana:

Archived