GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7:30pm

Well, the official playoff crunch time has just started. Some may state that it started after the all star game, but for me, it starts the game after a divisional loss. Do they come out flat again tonight and lose? Do they rally around the Vanek injury and win one for the zipper? Not that they need any more motivation, but please, pretty please, beat those hated Sens, and do it for George Zipp. LETS GO BUFFALO!

For those who are out of town with Direct TV it'll be on the NHL network FYI . Does anyone know if the parties involved are done scrapping about the HD feed for home games to out of market folks? It was mentioned in another thread. Anyway, heres hoping for 60 solid minutes and a W

Not clear whether it's been resolved yet, but here is a good spot to keep tabs on this important crisis.

7:30pm

Well, the official playoff crunch time has just started. Some may state that it started after the all star game, but for me, it starts the game after a divisional loss. Do they come out flat again tonight and lose? Do they rally around the Vanek injury and win one for the zipper? Not that they need any more motivation, but please, pretty please, beat those hated Sens, and do it for George Zipp. LETS GO BUFFALO!

George Blaisdell invented the Zippo. Just so you know.

With Gerbe up I'm much happier about this game. He's gonna open up the ice for others. Have to look at the possible lines today after the morning skate.

We need a good motivational speech

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgU4CrMO9N0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgU4CrMO9N0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

With Gerbe up I'm much happier about this game. He's gonna open up the ice for others. Have to look at the possible lines today after the morning skate.

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgU4CrMO9N0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgU4CrMO9N0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

By far, the best motivation I have ever seen :worthy:

I think that the top two lines should be:

Roy - Connolly - Stafford

Gerbe - Hecht - Pominville

Then maybe...

Kotalik, Ellis, McArthur

Kaleta, Mair, Paetsch

I think if Hecht is physical on that line the other two can really use their speed to create opportunities around him. I actually think that 4th line could make some noise too, only problem is the third line would be operating without a natural center. Anyhow, just some thoughts, feel free to throw some ideas around them! This is all assuming that Lindy sticks to moving Roy up to winger on the top line as he did in practice...

Stack them up any way you'd like...Sabres 5-2! GO SABRES!!

I think if Hecht is physical on that line the other two can really use their speed to create opportunities around him. I actually think that 4th line could make some noise too, only problem is the third line would be operating without a natural center. Anyhow, just some thoughts, feel free to throw some ideas around them! This is all assuming that Lindy sticks to moving Roy up to winger on the top line as he did in practice...

The second line would also be operating without a natural center, too, which is probably why - last I heard - Lindy had moved Roy back to centering the second line (can't find a link, but it was an article from the day after Roy practiced at wing entitled "Not So Fast" or something like that.

Looks like Paille is officially in the doghouse, as he will sit for the third straight game. I imagine that Paetsch will be on the fourth-line again. From the same article, Sekera will not be playing tonight.

Gerbe is not a center. Kennedy is (well, he's been playing there in Portland), but Nathan has not been in Portland and was not in college either.

He's listed in AHL game notes and everywhere as a center. Does he have Gragnitis?

BTW, we are on a five game win streak at home. 1----2----3---4---5--- we want six!

He's listed in AHL game notes and everywhere as a center. Does he have Gragnitis?

All I can think of is that somebody had aspirations for him to switch to center before he came to Portland, but that never panned out. He started the season on Kennedy's wing on the first line, then moved to the second line (when they split up Gerbe-Kennedy-Mancari to spread out the offense), again at wing. Recently, he's been back on the first line on Kennedy's wing, with Mancari down on the second line. Strangely enough, Kennedy is listed as a winger, but has spent most of the season at center. If anyone will come to Buffalo to play the pivot, it will be Timmy K.

That was amusing, er motivating in a kinda different way. :rolleyes:

Three teams right behind us.

Three teams right ahead of us.

Which way will we go?

The answer starts tonight.

I like this analogy and my answer is up. We are going up baby. :thumbsup:

No reason to go back been there before, lets go where we haven't been this season for some time, like since around the 11th game.

The heat is on.... and we need to bring it, loaded for bear, on the Sens tonight.

Go Sabres

Archived