Gaustad out for a couple of weeks

carpandean

He has to be the most frequently injured player on this team. While others will get hurt once and miss a long period of time (I won't name names ;) ), Gaustad seems to go out with more minor injuries over and over.

:unsure:

He played 82 games last year. Over the last three seasons, excluding a 26 game stint due to his tendon being lacerated by a skate (freak accident like what happened to Lang), he had missed just 6 games.

Maybe you could say that this season he's been the most frequently (in terms of # of times out - this is three, same as Rivet - not total games) injured, but not historically.

:unsure:

He played 82 games last year. Over the last three seasons, excluding a 26 game stint due to his tendon being lacerated by a skate (freak accident like what happened to Lang), he had missed just 6 games.

Maybe you could say that this season he's been the most frequently (in terms of # of times out - this is three, same as Rivet - not total games) injured, but not historically.

Thank god I put that word "seems" in there.

As I said in the game day - This is going to be a big loss. Hecht does not replace Gaustad's toughness and faceoff skill.

Yup. I agree. Thankfully Mair and Kaleta are both healthy so we have some kind of toughness in the lineup and don't have to rely on Andrew Peters but this one will still hurt.

I'll echo that senitment.

Lines?

Vanek-Connolly-Stafford

Hecht-Roy-Pominville

MacArthur-Mair-Kotalik

Paille-Ellis-Kaleta

I suspect this is what it will look like tonight ... Kaleta has probably earned more ice time but ... not sure how else they can go. I guess he could replace MaCarthur on the 4th line but ... man, Gaustad leaves a huge hole.

he plays hard and that is why he has to go off for repairs all the time. ive said for months now, that regier needs to add more hulking body checker b/k paul is the only guy who works hard all shift long and plays physical. b/k he is the only guy who plays this style, he gets injured more oftern -- there is no help for him.

regier must trade for 2 or 3 rugges wingers . this allows for the goose to no t have to go full speed on everyshift and injure himself like this. regier is leaving goose out there with no protection or help. sad.

He has to be the most frequently injured player on this team. While others will get hurt once and miss a long period of time (I won't name names ;) ), Gaustad seems to go out with more minor injuries over and over.

the other problem with this injury is that he was the best faceoff guy - at about 52%. there is a dropoff after him..

this is a major injury at this stage of the season. trade for guerin and hunter. i start the battle cry now.

Guerin.. hmmm

regier must trade for 2 or 3 rugges wingers . this allows for the goose to no t have to go full speed on everyshift and injure himself like this. regier is leaving goose out there with no protection or help. sad.

They could use another physical forward who is not just a goon, I agree, but they all should be going full speed every shift. "I might get hurt" is not an excuse for not going full speed (not to say Gaustad would ever think like that) ...

no man, not a goon. just a 6'2, 220 pounder who will advance pucks deep and rag it on the cycle and take the pressure off the top line guys. goose has to overwork every shift -- he is getting beat up. he has NO HELP whatsoever. mair is not effective -- he cant sustain a forecheck at all. kaleta is pretty darn good -- but he doesnt have the size or smarts to change a game with a shift. he simply hits everything. behond paul -- there is no viable faceoff guy. this needs to be addessed as well.

big guys like the ones we want are hard to find. there is a premium on them. they will cost some prospects -- but they are needed if this team wants to advance. it may be that mancari needs to come back up.

They could use another physical forward who is not just a goon, I agree, but they all should be going full speed every shift. "I might get hurt" is not an excuse for not going full speed (not to say Gaustad would ever think like that) ...

Archived