More bad news elsewhere in Sabres' division

nfreeman

Check it out.

Lang, a big, veteran center who I wanted the Sabres to go after, had his Achilles tendon sliced by a skate. His career may be over. He was leading the habs in goals and 2nd in points. Also, 4th among forwards in ice time.

The habs have also lost Latendresse, who scores a little but has good size and physicality and plays about 14 min per game, to a potentially serious shoulder injury.

Check it out.

Lang, a big, veteran center who I wanted the Sabres to go after, had his Achilles tendon sliced by a skate. His career may be over. He was leading the habs in goals and 2nd in points. Also, 4th among forwards in ice time.

The habs have also lost Latendresse, who scores a little but has good size and physicality and plays about 14 min per game, to a potentially serious shoulder injury.

Does that open the door for a Lecavalier trade? Lang's contract would free up $4 million.

Check it out.

Oh man, cry me a river.

"LETs GO BUFFALO!!"

physicality

Nothing personal but I hate this word. Also on this list are:

Orientated - Nobody uses this word correctly. Ninety-nine percent of the time they actually mean Oriented.

Stick-to-it-tive-ness - Not a word. How about diligence? Means the same, actually is a word and you might even sound smart when using it.

I watched some of the game yesterday. I saw the Lang and Latendresse injuries.. I still can't get over how bad the prision unis looked. Bad enough to do that with the jerseys, but to continue it with the socks made them look clownish or like they were wearing ugly pajamas..

I know someone out here will say they really like those unis...

Their bench was short three forwards/centers and still Guy would not play Kovalev.

He almost certainly will be trade-deadline bait.. Not sure if he has a NTC in his contract, but you get the sense that something will change up there.

I, too, wanted them to look at Lang and was really pissed when I found out that the Habs got him for a second-round pick.

Stick-to-it-tive-ness - Not a word. How about diligence? Means the same, actually is a word and you might even sound smart when using it.

Marian-Webster disagrees. Of course, they also list irregardless, so ...

Nothing personal but I hate this word. Also on this list are:

Orientated - Nobody uses this word correctly. Ninety-nine percent of the time they actually mean Oriented.

Two can play this game, my man.

i'm all for hawking language.

what i will say in defense of the phrase above is that there's an appeal to it because it riffs off of "intuitiveness" both in terms of how it sounds and what it means.

I did preface my post by stating that it's wasn't personal. If I disliked everyone who used words I hated, Tom Webster would be Satan.

And here I thought it was only then/than. You continue to be an enigma to me. You strike me as a bit of rebel who has lived with people mis-judging you due to your appearance or taste preferences and yet you are with regard to the English language. Just saying. Its why you will always be on my list of twelve posters I would invite if I ever rent a suite again.

And here I thought it was only then/than. You continue to be an enigma to me. You strike me as a bit of rebel who has lived with people mis-judging you due to your appearance or taste preferences and yet you are with regard to the English language. Just saying. Its why you will always be on my list of twelve posters I would invite if I ever rent a suite again.

I guess I'm kinda like a schizophrenic renaissance man. If acting like an a#$^$#!e about words gets me into a suite, then an a#$^$#!e I will be.

I guess I'm kinda like a schizophrenic renaissance man. If acting like an a#$^$#!e about words gets me into a suite, then an a#$^$#!e I will be.

I've been called a cross between Alex P. Keaton, Pythagoras, Cheech Marin and Norm from Cheers so maybe the two of us and our apparently hot wives take up all of those 12 seats.

I've been called a cross between Alex P. Keaton, Pythagoras, Cheech Marin...

I've never been called anything that nice. :ph34r: I was called Norm from Cheers, but it had more to do with me living on a bar stool for the better part of the nineties than anything else. :beer:

Archived