GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

It worked last night so I'll do it again tonight...

What has happened to Hecht's game???

A better question is;

What has happened to Pominville's game.

I have no faith in him at the point on the PP

Let's see what that does.

Gut check. They passed the initial challenge after getting behind.

Nice effort to hang tough. They got their legs back, and started putting some passes together. Gotta love Stafford going to the net.

Hope they keep it up in the third and get at least the point they're in a position to earn - and maybe grind another one out.

Pierre Mcguire made the perfect point late in the 2nd period when he said, Sabres started to totally out skate Calgary at the half-way point of the 3rd period and they look like a completly different team. He said they are attacking, skating, making Flames penalize them to try to stop them and it's only a matter of time before they score again... and they did with Connolly's goal. Buffalo looked just good enough in the first 30 minutes or so to get by but Calgary put goals up on bounces (poor plays by Butler, and Miller and they made us pay for it) but now Buffalo has turned it into a new gear. Very entertaining hockey.

Classic road game on a back-to-back night. Rested team gets up early. Buffalo storms back and was really buzzing there to end the second... Too bad the period ended.

Nice PP.. Nice PK tonight.... The game started to turn when they didn't let a goal in on the 5 on 3 and actually out played them 3 on 5.

Gut check. They passed the initial challenge after getting behind.

Nice effort to hang tough. They got their legs back, and started putting some passes together. Gotta love Stafford going to the net.

Hope they keep it up in the third and get at least the point they're in a position to earn - and maybe grind another one out.

I'd be fine with that...especially with that one crap nugget Miller let go.

It's been a while since the turning tides looked so apparent. Too bad the second period was only 20 minutes. Hopefully they can carry that momentum into the third.

Butler looks a little weak tonight. That turn-over in the first was regrettable.

Classic road game on a back-to-back night. Rested team gets up early. Buffalo storms back and was really buzzing there to end the second... Too bad the period ended.

Nice PP.. Nice PK tonight.... The game started to turn when they didn't let a goal in on the 5 on 3 and actually out played them 3 on 5.

Haha! You beat me to it. And were more detailed to boot.

It's nice to see the forwards entering the zone with speed again.

Almost shows how much the trapping is happening in the East.

Ya know I noticed that but didn't pick up on it's due to the differences between the 2 conference styles... Good observation

Tale of two periods , . Lets go Bflo 3rd period time to shine

Man Roy just missed that one...

It's been a while since the turning tides looked so apparent. Too bad the second period was only 20 minutes. Hopefully they can carry that momentum into the third.

Butler looks a little weak tonight. That turn-over in the first was regrettable.

A little weak is very generous, like saying the Titanic took on a little water. Butler had as bad a first period I've ever seen a Sabres defenseman play.

Archived