Thufferin' Thuccatash!

cdexchange

Makes me smile to know that Murray is out of a job, but the downside is that the Sens can only get better I suppose.

I love when we play teams and their coach/GM gets the ax the next day. Seems to happen quite often, which is kinda cool. :thumbsup:

How many times in the last few seasons has this gone on? Sens play Buf and need a win to save the coach. Only difference is last night it wasn't publicized going in. Considering how much talent they have, something needed to be done. Don't like the implication that if you can't beat Buffalo you should be fired though..

With the team on the ice struggling mightily on their current road trip and the imposing figure of Pat Quinn looming, Ottawa Senators owner Eugene Melnyk released a statement Wednesday in an attempt to end the speculation pertaining to a possible change in the Sens coaching staff and management.

Several media outlets had released reports stating that the Senators were prepared to fire head coach Craig Hartsburg and general manager Bryan Murray and replacing them with the combination of Quinn as head coach and Hockey Canada president Bob Nicholson as GM.

Melnyk stated that those rumours were completely false.

TSN.ca

I think this only makes Ottawa much better to be honest. I've heard a lot of good about Nicholson. I heard he's the best GM not to be a GM. John Davidson has done well in St Louis. I know the record doesn't show it but they play good hockey, they are young, have a bright future and attendance is good. And i heard Pat Quinn will be their head coach. When Quinn was fired, the diss was that he lost track of the younger guys because he was too old school and couldn't coach the younger players, but he's now won a U-17 title and the U-19 title.

This is bad news for the Sabres. The last thing they needed was for the Sens to turn things around. I was hoping they would keep Murray for the "continuity"

Comments like that are bad for keyboards.

:w00t:

WGR just reported...Ottawa's coach and GM just got whacked.

:lol:

Wikipedia isn't showing it. From what I've seen, whenever anything major like that comes down the pipe, they're quick to update their pages.

Speaking of two-fers ( :death: :death: ), seems like the last time something like that happened was Bobby Clarke (who quit) and Ken Hitchcock (who got fired) over in Philly three seasons ago on the same day.

Now if only someone would put up a picture of Craig Rivet in a Sabres uniform on Wikipedia... :unsure:

not confirmed yet. This is a RUMOR!!

You're right. WGR misreported it as fact at first. Anyone who was listening yesterday afternoon will back me up on that. Thanks for amending my thread title to reflect this Corp.

I actually hope it's not true, for the same reasons that others have stated.

Agreed. I suggest one of these:

Photo 1

Photo 2

No question, Photo 1.

Maybe it's true, but I know that I have updated Wikipedia pages many times, and those changes have been made permanent and I have no idea who this Jimbo Wales guy is and he has no idea who I am. In fact, someone put disparaging remarks about Adam Mair on his page, and I updated that page and the change has been permanent. But, I will also add that I probably don't update Wikipedia as much as most of the people indicated in that article.

No question, Photo 1.

Maybe it's true, but I know that I have updated Wikipedia pages many times, and those changes have been made permanent and I have no idea who this Jimbo Wales guy is and he has no idea who I am. In fact, someone put disparaging remarks about Adam Mair on his page, and I updated that page and the change has been permanent. But, I will also add that I probably don't update Wikipedia as much as most of the people indicated in that article.

This is another point. If it's not a select group of mouse potatoes entering the data, then it can be anyone, anywhere entering anything. At any given time, the accuracy of the data is in serious question.

If I could figure out how, I totally would.

Editing entries is very easy, but in order to post a pic, I believe that you must do it over on Wikimedia Commons. It requires you to register for an account (unlike editing a post), which I haven't done yet.

This is another point. If it's not a select group of mouse potatoes entering the data, then it can be anyone, anywhere entering anything. At any given time, the accuracy of the data is in serious question.

Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject. So you know you are getting the best possible information. -- Michael Scott

Archived