Butler heading to Buffalo

wildcat48

Replacing Paetsch or just an "in case" move because the roster is frozen? The article said something about frozen roster

I figured with the roster freeze that they would call up Butler or Weber as a seventh for the Holidays. However, I would also suspect that Lindy will make sure that he gets in some games. I wouldn't be surprised if Paetsch sits, but I could also see one of our underperforming and/or old Dman sitting for a game.

I figured with the roster freeze that they would call up Butler or Weber as a seventh for the Holidays. However, I would also suspect that Lindy will make sure that he gets in some games. I wouldn't be surprised if Paetsch sits, but I could also see one of our underperforming and/or old Dman sitting for a game.

I hope he does sit somebody. Give Butler a shot, and the fans something to get a little "up" about. I'm dreading another home game, they play like crap, would rather see a newbie just for something different. :unsure:

i might've missed this discussion elsewhere, as i'm more away from the board than i am near it during the holidays, but i did want to say that based on what i've seen from this kid during his call-up, he has not looked out of place and looks like he'll be a solid nhl d-man in the near-term (a #3-#4 guy, i reckon).

i just like what i've seen of his game -- he's displayed that calmness and poise you want in a backliner. and while i haven't seen him do much in the physical department, he's got good size.

i might've missed this discussion elsewhere, as i'm more away from the board than i am near it during the holidays, but i did want to say that based on what i've seen from this kid during his call-up, he has not looked out of place and looks like he'll be a solid nhl d-man in the near-term (a #3-#4 guy, i reckon).

i just like what i've seen of his game -- he's displayed that calmness and poise you want in a backliner. and while i haven't seen him do much in the physical department, he's got good size.

I know it was in one of the game threads, but the thing that really stands out to me is that he has been playing a very smart game. He takes no chances and hasn't done anything stupid yet. When he learns to take some more chances and the right time to do that, he's going to be that much more effective.

Archived