Nickname Thread

inkman

I know many of you guys are from out of town, but the (un)official nickname of Ryan Miller on WGR is "Mr. Softie"

That's because of the whiner line......I know about the Ice cream commercial and the subsequent "Mr. Softie" tag given by many fans.

The funniest is when someone calls in and simply sings the "Ice Cream Truck" theme song, then hangs up. Usually I get mad about it, but after these last couple of games, I'm starting to get a little frustrated myself. I still think it's more the rebounds than it is the "soft goals". It's weird, he's usually really good at eating the puck..... hopefully it was just a freak thing. Until then, I think Juicy fits well.....

Hecht - Yo-yo (pending confirmation)

Tallinder - Third Man In (pending confirmation)

McArthur - Little General (pending confirmation)

Kaleta - Crash (pending confirmation)

Bold - updated

Hecht - Yo-Yo - agreed. Marty did call him that. During a mic'ed up session after Jochen fought a guy he says: "oooh, Yo-Yo got mad"

Tallinder - Third Man In - agreed.

McArthur - Little General - agreed.

I thought the team started calling Kaleta the Waterboy? I prefer that over "Crash". Linky

Lalime - The Lime (alternatively, Corona since Miller is also beer related.)

Max - Maxy Pad

Here is all I can gather, and no I'm not including any player nickname where the guys just add "ie" to hte end of the first syllable of a players last name, i.e. "Petey"

I'll keep it updated as we compile the list. Lets make a rule that at least 5 (?) posters must agree on said nickname.

Connolly - The Skill (no confirmation needed)

Spacek - Pidgeon (no confirmation needed)

Gaustad - Goose (no confirmation needed)

Hecht - Yo-yo (pending confirmation

Roy - Sausage (pending confirmation)

Tallinder - Third Man In (pending confirmation)

Stafford - Mouse Potato (pending confimation)

Sekera - Reggie (pending confirmation, although a close violation of above rule)

McArthur - Little General (pending confirmation)

Peters - The Blind Haymaker (pending confirmation)

Kaleta - Crash (pending confirmation)

Bold - updated

Hey Ink, Time for that update/bump please.. ;)

done

:thumbsup: Thanks

How about Hide-n-Seek for Kotalik. One game you see him and then he goes into hiding for a week or two. Much more relevant than the body. Plus isn't that Brindamour's nickname.

:w00t:... I like it ,

And I also liked someone else's idea for MAX with a slight change to just "OFF Again".

Since "The Skill" is injured again, his name needs to be changed. How about calling him "The Skel" as in skeleton. The dude has probably had more x-rays than Evel Knievel.

I think "Tin man" sums it up pretty well. Not sure who dubbed him that. Regardless, The Skill has a nice ring to it.

How about Hide-n-Seek for Kotalik. One game you see him and then he goes into hiding for a week or two. Much more relevant than the body. Plus isn't that Brindamour's nickname.

And it rhymes. You can never go wrong with that.

I've always liked calling him Alice, but it's not exactly the most creative name out there.

And it rhymes. You can never go wrong with that.

I've always liked calling him Alice, but it's not exactly the most creative name out there.

Kotalik could be Thermometer or Thermo because he's either hot or cold. Then again, that name could fit most of the guys on this team.

Archived