[OT] Political Discussion

carpandean

DeLuca, why can't you engage in political debate without injecting religion into it and showing your ugly anti-religion side. ?You come across as mean spirited, miserable, petty, and condescending - you stereotype anyone of faith as a "religious right-wing nut" or "bible-thumper"...why don't you get over your miserable life and start contributing something positive to this Board? For all of your ranting about organized religion being the root of all man's evils - I could make the statement that the sorry state of the moral and cultural fiber in this country is partially due to the lack of faith and a Godless society - BUT I DON'T, because I respect your political beliefs.

Anyway, Obama ran a great campaign and won fair and square. I hope for nothing but the best for his tenure as Pres, but he will be tested. Are you happy now? Let the "tax rebate checks" begin......isn't that what the Obama voters are waiting for with bated breath?

Religious faith belongs at home or at a church not a hockey board. If people are going to try interject religion I will play Devil's Advocate so to speak. :thumbsup:

What Obama voters are waiting for? What we have all been waiting for is leadership. For the first time in eight years this country will have true leadership. We have been waiting for a leader that believes people are the number one resource of this country not bombs. We have been waiting for the restoration of the American dream of being able to work hard and support a family and not have our civil rights violated. We have been waiting for a man we can look to and say with pride "that is the President of the United Sates of America".

Don't you mean the Messiah....?? oops, sorry Deluca, I used a "religious" word to describe how our new leader is being viewed.... :doh:

No problem, it's an easy mistake. His Presidency is following that of the Anti-Christ's so I can see where the mistake was made. :thumbsup:

[/b]

Religious faith belongs at home or at a church not a hockey board. If people are going to try interject religion I will play Devil's Advocate so to speak. :thumbsup:

What Obama voters are waiting for? What we have all been waiting for is leadership. For the first time in eight years this country will have true leadership. We have been waiting for a leader that believes people are the number one resource of this country not bombs. We have been waiting for the restoration of the American dream of being able to work hard and support a family and not have our civil rights violated. We have been waiting for a man we can look to and say with pride "that is the President of the United Sates of America".

I'm curious. Would you say a person's civil rights include the ability to vote anonomously whether he/ or she has to join a union?

[/b]

Religious faith belongs at home or at a church not a hockey board. If people are going to try interject religion I will play Devil's Advocate so to speak.

DeLuca, you have contradicted yourself. In this political discussion, you played the largest role of bringing regligion into this discussion. Neither Buffanatlana (sorry if that is splled incorrectly) or I started this uproar. I agree w/ everything Buff has stated about you and your attempt to express some type of hatred you have for people of faith. You need to grow up and have respect for others. I have not attempted to bash your beliefs. DeLuca there have been other people on this board who expressed the same thoughts about you. You need to learn a simple thing in life called respect. If you want respect, you have to give it in return.

240,000 more jobs lost in October... One has to wonder why anyone would want the job of president. Two wars, recession/depression, bailout of Wall Street and Detroit, trillion dollar deficit, ~1,200,000 jobs lost... Good times for sure :angry:

[/b]

You are delusional - YOU are the one who has perpetrated and injected religion into all of this political debate - I cannot believe you are in denial on this, all the while pointing the finger at others.

Obama voters are waiting for a handout - I have heard this verbatim from those who believe he is going to dole out checks to offer a pittance to his masses. I hope (dare I say pray?) for the best for our country and new President, and that he gains buyin on both sides of the aisle to overcome the sizable challenges that lie before us.

BTW, when was the last time you had your "civil rights" violated, unless you did something stupid to deserve it? Your correlation of the "American dream" to working hard, supporting a family, and not having your "civil rights" violated is right out of the Air America playbook......I hope a domestic terrorist on Obama's watch doesn't try to test your precious civil liberties.....

DeLuca, you have contradicted yourself. In this political discussion, you played the largest role of bringing regligion into this discussion. Neither Buffanatlana (sorry if that is splled incorrectly) or I started this uproar. I agree w/ everything Buff has stated about you and your attempt to express some type of hatred you have for people of faith. You need to grow up and have respect for others. I have not attempted to bash your beliefs. DeLuca there have been other people on this board who expressed the same thoughts about you. You need to learn a simple thing in life called respect. If you want respect, you have to give it in return.

Thank you Thanes for backing me up - I am glad I am not the only voice of reason who can call DeLuca out for his petty garbage and twisting of facts.

DeLuca, even after Obama has won you are still acting like he hasn't, with your venom towards the Right.

No problem, it's an easy mistake. His Presidency is following that of the Anti-Christ's so I can see where the mistake was made. :thumbsup:

There you go again with your labelling and name calling......grow up DeLuca. So you have the audacity to call a religious President the "anti-Christ"? .... on what grounds?

Is it any coincidence that the winning lottery ticket in Illinois on Nov. 5 was 666 ?....... Maybe not :thumbdown:

...with your venom towards the Right.

It's been a long 8 years of venom towards the left. This country's leaders have been preying on fear. Bush and Cheney did things that our founding fathers would have deemed un-American, unconstitutional, and impeechable offenses.

There is a reason I have the Guy Fawkes mask as my avatar...

This is my only visit to this thread. I hope you kids are playing nice in here, because I sure as heck will not be moderating any politically related threads.

Carry on! :)

Thanks for visiting and letting us know it's your last....that was really important for us to know. Politics is a hot topic these days, esp. when someone else.. :blush: injects religion into it.

Just curious - since the thread was titled "Political Discussion", were you expecting it to be something else.? Seems odd you are complaining about it - it is what it is.

It's been a long 8 years of venom towards the left. This country's leaders have been preying on fear. Bush and Cheney did things that our founding fathers would have deemed un-American, unconstitutional, and impeechable

IMPEACHABLE - fixed

offenses.

There is a reason I have the Guy Fawkes mask as my avatar...

I don't have venom toward the left - I simply don't agree with its' policies. You mistake is believing that anyone who is a social/fiscal conservative is in kneejerk lockstep with Bush/Cheney - you are wrong. They failed everyone in alot of areas.

Thanks for visiting and letting us know it's your last....that was really important for us to know. Politics is a hot topic these days, esp. when someone else.. :blush: injects religion into it.

Just curious - since the thread was titled "Political Discussion", were you expecting it to be something else.? Seems odd you are complaining about it - it is what it is.

What am I complaining about? It was a joke about moderating, knowing how heated the arguments can become. Direct your venom at your political opponents instead. <_<

What am I complaining about? It was a joke about moderating, knowing how heated the arguments can become. Direct your venom at your political opponents instead. <_<

Sorry. I didn't get your joke - my bad. I don't have venom towards you - I just misinterpreted your comment.

At least you were smart enough to keep your comments non-political. I went on a moderating read and got sucked in hook, line and sinker.

Figures can always be distorted, but 6% backs up my argument of 9% of the population owning slaves. My argument was simply a small number of people actually owned a slave. The Civil War's main issue was not slavery.

As for the rent-a-slave business, that was more for a person who was on the verge of owning a slave or a person who needed additional slaves for a short period of time.

Many southern states had a 2 dollar tax that had to be paid in order to vote and a large portion of the population couldn't afford that. If they couldn't afford the tax, they certainly couldn't afford to buy or rent a slave.

By saying 6% or 9%, wasn't my point in the strictest sense. That was title holders.

By much more broad...I was asking to consider households....if there were between

5 and 6 people in a white household that is roughly 1 million households in the CSA....and with 350,000 whites censused as title holders, we are talking a much larger percentage of households with slaves, and beyond that the entire south participating in a slave economy.

Slavery may not have been the causus belli at the individual level, but without the slave institutions there is no secession or disruption to the Union. Slavery framed every economic dispute, expansion dispute, and even the social divisions such as industry vs. plantation...

Don't know about that. But I do know I saw them open for the Stones and those guys rocked. The only thing wrong w/ the sets was their equipment was WAY too small for the venue and the Stones equipment was WAY too loud. That was the only show I ever left where my ears were ringing. (And I've seen some bands that pride themselves on being loud.)

Living Colour played a club in the same town about 6 months before they played the stadium and to this day I'm bummed that I missed that show, because as stated before they seriously rocked.

That show, the Dead in Rich, and Pearl Jam at Tippitina's (sp?) in NO, are the 3 I most regret missing.

What my point was about my post which you responded to was the lyrics behind it. AFAIAC, it spoke truth, and that is why I said that the lyrics were apropos if we were to include Obama in a retrofit.

I don't have venom toward the left - I simply don't agree with its' policies. You mistake is believing that anyone who is a social/fiscal conservative is in kneejerk lockstep with Bush/Cheney - you are wrong. They failed everyone in alot of areas.

Even Ron Paul, a Republican, was quick to point this out every chance he had. (BTW, he easily won re-election to Congress. People in the Texas 14th must be glad to have him as their Congressman. That was one of the few bright things for conservatives on Tuesday.)

BINGO!

I don't know if anyone here was watching CNBC today. They had Tom Reynolds on along with some other clown. Basically the two of them seemed in favor of letting the auto industry going to hell. Seems like they don't mind screwing over all the workers in the industry.

Obama will be on in 10 minutes for his press conference. Should be interesting to see what he says.

I don't know if anyone here was watching CNBC today. They had Tom Reynolds on along with some other clown. Basically the two of them seemed in favor of letting the auto industry going to hell. Seems like they don't mind screwing over all the workers in the industry.

You have to admit that General Motors might be the most retarded companies ever. Not to open a can of worms with unions.

Even the simplicity of eliminating Buick, Oldsmobile and some of the duplicate vehicles has to be a start. The Japanese and Europeans are producing a far more superior product and building plants all over this country successfully. GM for example should stick to Corvettes, Cadillacs, full size trucks, vans; find a niche. Dont try to do everything.

Archived