Mouse Potatoes?

frisky

"This game is for all the mouse potatoes out there that don't think we can stick with it in a 2-1 game and come back," Stafford said.

I'm not quite sure whom he's referring to. I had to look up mouse potato. Is he talking about the sports writers or people who sit on message boards all day?

Exactly. We questioned their toughness, their grit, their leadership but I can't remember discussing their ability to come back. Weird comment indeed.

Uhhh ... last year we constantly questioned their ability to win close games, when leading or trailing, so we did definitely question their ability to come back ... and hold a lead ... and ...

Uhhh ... last year we constantly questioned their ability to win close games, when leading or trailing, so we did definitely question their ability to come back ... and hold a lead ... and ...

Is that what he is referencing? Messege board comments from 6 months ago? Maybe he needs Road Runner...

drew stafford is among the most talented, courageous, admirable, selfless young stars in the nhl today.

the sabres have the heart, desire, determination and talent required of a championship team.

(... hey, ya never know, maybe next time he refers to the mouse potatoes, he'll be giving a "shoutout" rather than a shut-it!)

Is that what he is referencing? Messege board comments from 6 months ago? Maybe he needs Road Runner...

6 months ago? How about 6 games ago? Before the season started people were still questioning it. They have done a lot to answer those questions early, but it's still only the second week of the season.

drew stafford is among the most talented, courageous, admirable, selfless young stars in the nhl today.

the sabres have the heart, desire, determination and talent required of a championship team.

(... hey, ya never know, maybe next time he refers to the mouse potatoes, he'll be giving a "shoutout" rather than a shut-it!)

Ha, Drew Stafford is a complete who couldn't score a hat trick to save his life. And ... and ... Derek Roy, too. Yeah ... and that softy Pommer.

(I'm going the other way with it. Reverse psychiatry, you know.)

Ha, Drew Stafford is a complete who couldn't score a hat trick to save his life. And ... and ... Derek Roy, too. Yeah ... and that softy Pommer.

(I'm going the other way with it. Reverse psychiatry, you know.)

I think you mean psychology unless you were joking about that too.

My first reaction when I read this was, "What the..."

Then I got the gist.. :w00t: :thumbsup:

My first reaction when I read this was, "What the..."

Then I got the gist.. :w00t: :thumbsup:

i can't take any credit - i ripped a page from x's playbook.

a while back, in connection with some talk about how an over-stuffed ott'wa windbag was aware of what was being said on message boards, etc., x posted a comment saying over and over again that "bruce garioche [sic] is a douche" and concluded with a p.s. to the effect of "i know you'll find this, bruce."

that sh!t was all-time, man.

Hhhm,,, since it clearly is a reference to boards like this it really makes me wonder how many players visit from time to time. :rolleyes:

Let's hope they are coming here rather then going to the Sabres site board so they get smart commentary.

I don't have a problem with the comment. The guy obviously has pride in what he does. And yes, we all questioned their ability to hold a lead last year. And yes, The team just answered the question. If he trolls these kinds of boards in his down time, I think that's pretty cool. In fact, it'd be even cooler if he posted once in a while.

The dude is 22, nearly 23, and not a tool. OF COURSE he visits message boards. I bet he even knows how to sign up to them AND use email. He may even have a cell phone and use TEXT MESSAGING!

I have no problem with his comment. There are plenty of local (and non-local) boards sports/hockey-related and otherwise that he may visit where people had been doubting the Sabres all summer long and into the pre-season. He's a human and I think allowed to take exception to the doubters.

What I did not care for was his cockiness overall - while he definitely had a good game and was deservedly proud of himself, he wasn't as humble as he probably needs to be. And THAT I think is his problem. Paul Hamilton has made the argument that Stafford came up too soon and it's his not his skill that suffers from it, it's his attitude and focus. But then again he's young - tough call on where he needs to be maturity-wise right now. I'm not a coach so I can't say what is the best. I bet Lindy has a lot of paternal-style tussles with some of his young players.

Holy Crap! It's Drew! Hey Drew, how's it going?? COuld you get the whole team's autograph for me? Do you use an O-Tech stick? Who is your favorite player? Does it get cold on the ice? Has your tongue ever stuck to the ice? Do you like blondes?

FIXED.

Archived