GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7:00pm

It's the dreaded game. The evilest of all things for sabres fans. It's the night where the game might be broadcast over center ice from the NESN guys! In all seriousness, this is a bounce back game. They didn't play well at all on saturday night and stole a point. tonight they must destroy the bruins. Vanek will get at least 9 goals tonight!

I really don't care what type of hockey is being played, as long as the Sabres are winning.

I'll second that. Sabres keep up the 2 goals or less aloud, I'm not counting the shootout "goal", and win 4-2. No empy netter. Tonight is the night Roy lights the lamp.

Tonights game is on VS so no need to worry about the NESN guys.

Boston played overtime last night so they will have weak legs another game the sabres should win. I say the sabres jump all over them in the second after play a little more safe in the first.

I really don't care what type of hockey is being played, as long as the Sabres are winning.

I'm on the fence. After becoming so accustomed to the wide open style the Sabres have played since the lockout, it will be tough to watch the Sabres become a defense first team.

That being said, I agree with you. Whatever it takes to win(and IMO this is what they need to do in order to win a cup), do it.

I'm on the fence. After becoming so accustomed to the wide open style the Sabres have played since the lockout, it will be tough to watch the Sabres become a defense first team.

That being said, I agree with you. Whatever it takes to win(and IMO this is what they need to do in order to win a cup), do it.

Wide open play worked for the first season and a half after the lockout. Teams have adjusted and it's not as affective as it once was. To win significant games you have to play defense first. I hope the Sabres keep this up.

It will be interesting to see if the ticket buying public agrees. A lot of us talked about being a little bored after the home opener.

I think a lot of people jumped on the bandwagon when they saw the Sabres starting to win. If they get bored because the Sabres are playing the same brand of hockey that nearly every other team plays, so be it. Go to a Bandits game.

I think a lot of people jumped on the bandwagon when they saw the Sabres starting to win. If they get bored because the Sabres are playing the same brand of hockey that nearly every other team plays, so be it. Go to a Bandits game.

The Sabres are still getting 30 shots a game, roughly. The main difference is that the shots are more setup and not end to end, but they are still getting a number of scoring chances. Buffalo is 4-0-1. What do some of the fans have to complain about? Buffalo is playing more conservative, but not to the level of the NJ Devils.

The Sabres are still getting 30 shots a game, roughly. The main difference is that the shots are more setup and not end to end, but they are still getting a number of scoring chances. Buffalo is 4-0-1. What do some of the fans have to complain about? Buffalo is playing more conservative, but not to the level of the NJ Devils.

This is Buffalo, remember? There are fans on the Bills board complaining and we are 5-1 and in 1st place!

LOL... I don't think anyone is complaining... Funny how things get distorted. I started this hole thing, err whole thing by saying this would be tough to watch because there would be limited offensive flow tonight. Not complaining, just commenting... I'll take any win, any way...

I think any VS game should be an away game. We'd already be getting it in HD through MSG so bascially VS is just taking Rick away. :thumbdown:

Last year, they were giving away a signed jersey for each broadcast they did. Might be a chance to snag an autographed Vanek jersey. Our luck, they'll make it a Chara and it will be four feet long...

It will be interesting to see if the ticket buying public agrees. A lot of us talked about being a little bored after the home opener.

I would hope that the feeling that the puck is going to end up in the net each time Vanek touches it will keep the seats full for a while.

To be fair to Buffalo's style, we have Adam Mair centering the 3rd line. We also have Peters, Ellis and Kaleta on the fourth line, all playing like 6 minutes per or something most nights. The first two lines are over used but Lindy can't over use them too much. By slowing it down and playing more defensive, not only does it allow our players to stay out longer on shifts but also with our attack missing 3 players, it's unlikely we want to enter a massive 8-9 goal shootout just yet. That said, we're only 4 goals away from the league's top, with a game in hand on Montreal and NYR.

First off, to compare anyone to the joke that is twobillsdrive posters is way off base.

Second, the way they have played so far has been fairly entertaining so far but there have been periods of absolutly brutal hockey (see first period of Islanders game)

Third, if they turn into the Bruins or Devils, they better go deep into the playoffs or tickets will be easier to come by.

Fourth, I still don't agree that winning has to be boring. As long as there is flow, hitting, discipline and a few goals you can win and entertain at the same time. The snide remark about the Bandits implies that goals equal entertainment and that's just a week cliche.

or go watch the Amerks! I hear there doing great! I'm sure Flyer or Dallas or Anaheim fans would love to trade spots with us right now.............a win is a win!! 2 points any way they play it!!

As long as it's not NESN!!

The problem is VS. some times employs one of the NESN meatheads to do color, Andy Brickley, I guess his name is. I know (and this is going back aways) the Oct 2006 Sabres vs. Flyers (the 9-1 game that got Hitchcock fired) game had the Brickley doing color.

The problem is VS. some times employs one of the NESN meatheads to do color, Andy Brickley, I guess his name is. I know (and this is going back aways) the Oct 2006 Sabres vs. Flyers (the 9-1 game that got Hitchcock fired) game had the Brickley doing color.

True, but Brickley is a much bigger douchebag on NESN than he is on Versus. On Versus he tones it down and generally calls it more down the middle - on NESN he's one step away from putting a bounty on Sabres' heads for the tiniest of infractions.

When he is paired with NESN PbP announcer (and ESPN washout) Jack Edwards they sound like a couple hysterical little girls crying about every time a Bruin is touched.

Archived