GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

True, but Brickley is a much bigger douchebag on NESN than he is on Versus. On Versus he tones it down and generally calls it more down the middle - on NESN he's one step away from putting a bounty on Sabres' heads for the tiniest of infractions.

When he is paired with NESN PbP announcer (and ESPN washout) Jack Edwards they sound like a couple hysterical little girls crying about every time a Bruin is touched.

I was just going to say that. On VS he is not bad and actually calls a decent game. On NESN, forget it.

True, but Brickley is a much bigger douchebag on NESN than he is on Versus. On Versus he tones it down and generally calls it more down the middle - on NESN he's one step away from putting a bounty on Sabres' heads for the tiniest of infractions.

When he is paired with NESN PbP announcer (and ESPN washout) Jack Edwards they sound like a couple hysterical little girls crying about every time a Bruin is touched.

Ah my favorite, Andy "In the 'new' NHL tripping is a penalty" Brickley.

My prediction for tonight-

Sabres 4, Boston 1. Goals: Roy, Pominville, Sekera and Afinogenov.

4 is a big number for either team. I'm gonna say Sabres 2 Boston 1. Would give Miller the SO but I feel he's gonna be taking some tough shots tonight.

Brian Engblom either needs to get a new hair piece or shave his head. Cuz that's some F'd up hair.

I'm sure Lindy is seething about the early "performance" of the Sabres... I hope he lays into them in the room. These slow starts just uncalled for.

Could the VS announcer have said it one more time - how much the Sabres got outworked?.....Pathetic

They are still 0 and 0 for comments about Crosby and OV.

Still waiting........

Miller looks very sharp -- nice save on a close in redirect and he covered up for Tallinder's turnover. But damn we allow more goals from the blue line than any other team the last few seasons.

Sabres got it going a little towards the end.

Reading their press clippings maybe?

They are still 0 and 0 for comments about Crosby and OV.

Still waiting........

Why do play by play guys have to say things like "downstairs" instead of "the corner" and "bid" instead of "shot." Makes me appreciate the simplicity of Jeanneret. And does every call have to have a "who" added onto it? In the corner, it's Numminen, who had heart surgery last year. The pass to Chara, who rolls five Yahtzees on the plane to Buffalo. Too much information!

OK, I know he plays for Boston, but why all the boo's for Chara everytime he gets the puck? Because he was a former Ottawa dirtbag? I don't recall a dirty hit he had on any Sabre in the past?

Also, the Sabres drafted Wideman right? How did they let him get away, or was he traded?

Thanks-

Get yer in gear for the 2nd Period, Buffalo!! GET HUNGRY!!

Why do play by play guys have to say things like "downstairs" instead of "the corner" and "bid" instead of "shot." Makes me appreciate the simplicity of Jeanneret. And does every call have to have a "who" added onto it? In the corner, it's Numminen, who had heart surgery last year. The pass to Chara, who rolls five Yahtzees on the plane to Buffalo. Too much information!

:worthy:

EXACTLY!

Archived