[OT] Help me figure out who to cheer for in the baseball playoffs...

LabattBlue

1. Tampa...their fans are pitiful. First time in their history that they are having a good season and I watched some games down the stretch where their stadium looked half full. A lot of seats in the upper deck are tarped off much like the Jacksonville Jaguars. Must be a lame Florida thing to do. <_<

2.Philly...F*** them(I'm still bitter from 1975 :angry: ). I don't like their fans and I get much pleasure knowing that they have not won a championship in 25 years despite having teams in all 4 major sports. :lol:

3.LA...Only reason I want to see LA make it to the WS would be to see Manny versus the Red Sox. That being said, I don't want Manny getting anywhere near a chance to win another ring. Jerkoff!

4.Boston...As much as the city of Boston has had their fare share of success(2 WS, 3 SB and an NBA championship in the last 7 or 8 years), I like the team, I like Fenway Park, I like Francona.

1. Tampa...their fans are pitiful. First time in their history that they are having a good season and I watched some games down the stretch where their stadium looked half full. A lot of seats in the upper deck are tarped off much like the Jacksonville Jaguars. Must be a lame Florida thing to do. <_<

2.Philly...F*** them(I'm still bitter from 1975 :angry: ). I don't like their fans and I get much pleasure knowing that they have not won a championship in 25 years despite having teams in all 4 major sports. :lol:

3.LA...Only reason I want to see LA make it to the WS would be to see Manny versus the Red Sox. That being said, I don't want Manny getting anywhere near a chance to win another ring. Jerkoff!

4.Boston...As much as they have had their fare share of success(2 WS, 3 SB and an NBA championship in the last 7 or 8 years), I like the team, I like Fenway Park, I like Francona.

Red Sox team salary-----133m

Dodgers team salary-----118m

Phillies team salary-------96m

Rays team salary---------43.8m

Root for the underdog, or at least the team with the lowest salary.

I'm rooting for the Rays...I worked for Tampa's AA team a few years back and a few guys on their playoff roster were on the team, and I know a couple of the team execs, so I'm pulling for them.

I'm pulling for Tampa because the remaining three teams have like a million fans each. Tampa? A few thousand of diehards. Let those fans have something to be proud of. I heard Tampa has least Season tickets then anyone in baseball, cheapest tickets in baseball, lowest TV ratings in baseball.... lol

Maybe there is a correlation there?

They did OK at the turnstiles for the first season, averaging 30,000/game and over 2.5M for the year, then the novelty wore off and the reality of bad baseball set in.

No one wants to watch bad baseball on a regular basis, and until the last couple years there was no direction with the franchise and they couldn't get out of their own way.

LINK

It's hard to blame fans for not filling the seats in Tampa. They sucked for an entire decade.

That's exactly why the tickets should have been a hot commodity the 2nd half of the year when it was clear they were going to make the playoffs and have a good shot at the series.

I could be way off, but isn't the location of their ballpark in a bad location too and actually not that close to Tampa Bay?

It's actually in St. Petersburg, which is no further from Tampa than Buffalo is from Niagara Falls. Mapquest lists it as just under 22 miles and 32 minutes.

Some areas around the stadium are kind of sketchy, but overall it's not too bad. But the stadium is not a good place to watch a game.

I'm rooting for Philadelphia and here is why:

Say what you want about the Phillies fans and Philly fans in general, but it seems a lot of Buffalo fans have a TON of issues with their fans (now Flyers fans I understand because of our Sabres, but the other teams I do not understand the hatred for) but Philadelphia fans resemble Buffalo fans in more ways then Buffalo fans ever want to admit: Passionate almost to a point of sickness, loyal, etc.

It's actually in St. Petersburg, which is no further from Tampa than Buffalo is from Niagara Falls. Mapquest lists it as just under 22 miles and 32 minutes.

Some areas around the stadium are kind of sketchy, but overall it's not too bad. But the stadium is not a good place to watch a game.

Word. I was just going by what a friend had told me.

Word. I was just going by what a friend had told me.

We went to a couple day games when I lived in Orlando, and because I was working for their AA team I got tickets and parking passes, so I didn't see any problems with the area. It might have been different at night, but I had no problems.

The stadium is not a good place to watch a ballgame - too plastic and sanitized - it doesn't feel like a ballpark. Of course I was spoiled by The Jake and the minor league ballparks I worked at, so I am admittedly biased.

Everyone is missing the point. After all the seasons of losing, wouldn't you think the fans would jump on the bandwagon at the first sign of success?

Lot of retirees down there. They're still holding out hope that the Yankees will win the Series this year.

Archived