[OT] Help me figure out who to cheer for in the baseball playoffs...

LabattBlue

If there's any reason that they won't choke it away, it'll be Joe Maddon. He's the manager of the year, IMO, and has had the players' heads on straight all year long. He's going to take the angle that winning the pennant shouldn't be taken for granted and they need to play a full 9 innings.

I love him as a coach. How many other guys are going to crack a smile at the post game presser like he did after that letdown. And he also added "we'll lose for about half an hour then we will start preparing for the next game". He is a classy guy.

I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Yankees/Bills/Sabres fan

Amen brother.

Please TB beat the snot out of Boston. The city of Boston has won enough already.. Do what you have to to put that team down and out. PLEASE!!!!

I frickin hate baseball and after that TB meltdown the other night there was NO OTHER SPORTS NEWS on the next day.... Just like after Tom Terrific's injury... Boston gets WAY TOO much coverage.... Put a stake in their heart. Throw at their heads... Do what ever it takes to kill the demon....

I'm begging you....

congrats BM. As soon as Price came in it was over. He has some nasty stuff.

I'm rooting for the Rays in the WS. They gave the sox a hell of a battle...

I was really impressed with Price, especially his poise and command in comparison to how Bradford came in and walked Youk.

Part of me would like to see the Rays win, but they, as do other teams who sucked for years and then become an instant contender, have a number of bandwagoners. Their stadium used to be empty year in and year out. Players on the Rays are showing what they can do and I don't think their owners will pay the money to keep them. Great example being the Florida Marlins.

Part of me would like to see the Rays win, but they, as do other teams who sucked for years and then become an instant contender, have a number of bandwagoners. Their stadium used to be empty year in and year out. Players on the Rays are showing what they can do and I don't think their owners will pay the money to keep them. Great example being the Florida Marlins.

Strange to think the Lightning payroll is the same or probably more, right? Root for the Rays, and watch all the young kids start demanding to get paid and end up on the Mets, Yanks or Sox. Rays have no tv deal or fan base. Quite different than a small market strategy like the Sabres, or no?

Archived