Things that make you go hmmm ...

carpandean

Makes me go "What the #%^$#!!"

This is an admission on their part that they #%^$#!ed up with the entire Sluggalo idea. Except they won't admit it. They will spin it like it is their idea to bring the old logo back. Larry Quinn is the ultimate bozo. All the lies and BS PR spin that they did with the new logo was just that, #%^$#!ing . I don't know if Quinn is the dumbest man in America or the smartest. He keeps pulling the wool over everyone's eyes, at least the people he works with, and gets promoted for it. Is he the ultimate "Yes" man? Why does OSP have so much faith in this quack? He stumbles at every fork in the road. The Vanek contract, the Drury negotiations, the Sluggalo, the list is long for this mother #%^$#!ers #%^$#! ups.

It's official, I hate the Medicine Woman.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Makes me go "What the #%^$#!!"

This is an admission on their part that they #%^$#!ed up with the entire Sluggalo idea. Except they won't admit it. They will spin it like it is their idea to bring the old logo back. Larry Quinn is the ultimate bozo. All the lies and BS PR spin that they did with the new logo was just that, #%^$#!ing . I don't know if Quinn is the dumbest man in America or the smartest. He keeps pulling the wool over everyone's eyes, at least the people he works with, and gets promoted for it. Is he the ultimate "Yes" man? Why does OSP have so much faith in this quack? He stumbles at every fork in the road. The Vanek contract, the Drury negotiations, the Sluggalo, the list is long for this mother #%^$#!ers #%^$#! ups.

It's official, I hate the Medicine Woman.

Congratulations... You have officially transitioned over to the dark side. Your hate consumes you.

Mike Harrington said that the center ice face off circle has the original logo rather than the sluggalo. Hooray. Perhaps a sign of things to come? I certainly hope so. There's no picture or anything. If anyone goes down there for the practices and what how can you take a picture to share with us?

Edit: Crapstick. Mods might want to move this into the other topic that mentions the same thing. Sorry about the double post. Excitement got to me there.

It's a circle and looks far better at center ice. I don't think it goes much further than that.

Yeah...but it's not the team's supposedly "primary" logo. Are you able to cite another instance in which you've seen a professional team place a "secondary" logo prominently at the center of its' field/floor/ice?

Yeah...but it's not the team's supposedly "primary" logo. Are you able to cite another instance in which you've seen a professional team place a "secondary" logo prominently at the center of its' field/floor/ice?

Sorry, I'm not an expert on what appears on center ice logos. I do know that teams have used their anniversary year patch logos at center ice in the past (Colorado recently comes to mind). So yes, teams have used something other than their primary logo at center ice in the past. They just released these jerseys, so they might as well sell a few extra by using that logo at center ice. Yes, they were going to sell them anyway, but just look at the buzz floating around in this thread. That will sell even more jerseys.

They may indeed make a full time switch in the future, but it's not happening this year. They would have introduced a white jersey as well if that was the case. Even if the league allows them to wear this one for every home game, they're still guaranteed of wearing the slug logo for at least half of the games this season.

They may indeed make a full time switch in the future, but it's not happening this year. They would have introduced a white jersey as well if that was the case. Even if the league allows them to wear this one for every home game, they're still guaranteed of wearing the slug logo for at least half of the games this season.

You never know. There are two slots for thirds in NHL09. The second could be the Winter Classic jersey or, maybe, they have a white version of the third that we haven't seen yet. Didn't the Islanders have light and dark versions of their classic-logo-modified Gorton's fisherman jersey during the 1996-97 season. Perhaps, we will see all four as a precursor to a total switch.

One other thing to think about is that the Sabres' 40th is next year (unless they don't count the lockout year, but I doubt they'll get that picky about it.) What better time to make a switch?

You never know. There are two slots for thirds in NHL09. The second could be the Winter Classic jersey or, maybe, they have a white version of the third that we haven't seen yet. Didn't the Islanders have light and dark versions of their classic-logo-modified Gorton's fisherman jersey during the 1996-97 season. Perhaps, we will see all four as a precursor to a total switch.

One other thing to think about is that the Sabres' 40th is next year (unless they don't count the lockout year, but I doubt they'll get that picky about it.) What better time to make a switch?

Yes.

From what I remember and from what the NHLUniforms.com site shows, it went like this:

95-96 - dark and white fisherman

96-97 - dark and white fisherman, white/teal "NY" logo jersey added as third

97-98 - dark and white (still using teal) "NY" logo, no fisherman

98-99 - teal dropped, classic colors and logo brought back full-time

I have NO illusions about a full-time switch on the jerseys this season, or even a half-time, home only switch ... I am just glad we are seeing the real logo more and more every day, and eventually I believe they will give in. Even if they just slap the thing on the current jerseys and keep the third for a more vintage look ... people who bought the slug will buy those too and they will make money off of it. Another year or two and it will not only be what the fans want but it will make financial sense.

I saw this on another Sabres board so I don't have a link to confirm. This would suck if it's true, but I wouldn't be at all surprised...

WGRZ Sports Adam Benigini,

The Buffalo Sabres had the 3rd logo down painted on the HSBC Arena ice and Mike Gilbert tells us that every team that owns a third jersey is going to have their alternate logo painted at center ice just for preseason, Carolina has the 3rd jersey logo painted at center on their home ice the hurricane warning flag with a triangle. When the regular season comes it will be back to the real logo.

I saw this on another Sabres board so I don't have a link to confirm. This would suck if it's true, but I wouldn't be at all surprised...

That's a bummer. As for the idea of using the update original logo on the current jerseys I wouldn't have a problem with. I like the design of the jersey. Just not what's on the front.

No matter what you think of the "slug" ( I personally like it), how can anyone say that they f*****d up?

They sold a ton of jerseys.

If everyone likes the third as much as they say, they will sell a ton of those.

If the league allows and they go to a 40th anniversary white next year, they will sell a ton of those.

Everyone here wants them to make money and they are making money, what's the problem?

By the way, the league does not allow them to use the Winter Classic Whites as a third jersey. The Sabres did request that first and where turned down.

By the way, the league does not allow them to use the Winter Classic Whites as a third jersey. The Sabres did request that first and where turned down.

Why would the league turn down their first choice?

PS You are right that the Sabres made a boatload of money off the slug, but from the perspective of this long time fan who would have loved to seen them update the original logo instead of the slug(see 3rd jersey just released), they f***ed up.

PS You are right that the Sabres made a boatload of money off the slug, but from the perspective of this long time fan who would have loved to seen them update the original logo instead of the slug(see 3rd jersey just released), they f***ed up.

Third jerseys can only be worn at home and thus have to be the dark version.

The team has requested that they be allowed to play a game against Vancouver wearing white and Vancouver blue next year ( don't tell anybody)

I can understand if you say they disappointed you, but to say they f****d up would equate them to the Islanders monstrosity of a uniform and gives them no credit for a successful marketing move.

Third jerseys can only be worn at home and thus have to be the dark version.

The team has requested that they be allowed to play a game against Vancouver wearing white and Vancouver blue next year ( don't tell anybody)

Dallas is (allegedly) getting a white third this year. Toronto's third will also (allegedly) be a white. Montreal and Toronto both have had white thirds in years where whites were worn on the road.

[/b]

I can understand if you say they disappointed you, but to say they f****d up would equate them to the Islanders monstrosity of a uniform and gives them no credit for a successful marketing move.

They could have crapped on the center of a blue & gold jersey and still sold a ton. That rush on jerseys was much more about the success of the team and heightened expectations than anything else.

Dallas is (allegedly) getting a white third this year. Toronto's third will also (allegedly) be a white. Montreal and Toronto both have had white thirds in years where whites were worn on the road.

I knew about Montreal, knew about their white third in the past, and hadn't heard about the Stars.

Archived