[OT] Eklund caught being a fake

Two or less

Check this out. I understand this is very much off topic and pointless, but i thought it was funny and figured some of the hardcore anti-eklund guys on this board may like this.

From Eklund-

According to an LA source: "Anaheim's Mathieu Schneider is the one the Kings are seriously considering. Other names under consideration would be San Jose's Kyle McLaren, Florida's Karlis Skrastins, Nashville's Greg de Vries, St. Louis' Jay McKee and Pittsburgh's Darryl Sydor. There's one more name out there that might surface as a real option in the next couple days, but as always these talks are pretty fluid."

Link- http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?p...8&blogger_id=1

However, some pretty well known LA Kings blogger known as Rich Hammond, wrote this on his blog BEFORE eklund wrote his.....

Lombardi and Hextall made it clear at the GM breakfast that the Kings are still actively pursuing a veteran defenseman. From what I'm hearing, those talks could get particularly intense this week, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a deal get done.

The names? Anaheim's Mathieu Schneider is one the Kings are seriously considering. Other names under consideration would be San Jose's Kyle McLaren, Florida's Karlis Skrastins, Nashville's Greg de Vries, St. Louis' Jay McKee and Pittsburgh's Darryl Sydor. There's one more name out there that might surface as a real option in the next couple days, but as always these talks are pretty fluid.

Link- http://www.insidesocal.com/kings/2008/09/d...se-options.html

Eklund copied him pretty much word by word! And said it was a source. What's Hammond's stance? Someone on his comment box mentioned it and his response -

Wow, you've got to be kidding me. That's just completely shameless on his part.

Link- same as the LA Kings blog, just look at comments.

Crazy. He's being killed on many forums i just peaked on.

I don't get the big deal. He said according to an LA source... well, a blogger from LA would indeed be an LA source. So I'm not seeing your point.

and poof, i'm gone.

You can't copy and paste a quote from someone without getting their permission or giving them the right respect.

And two, Eklund makes a living off having his own "sources" and "inside" info to the NHL.... now it appears he copies alot of his material.

You can't copy and paste a quote from someone without getting their permission or giving them the right respect.

And two, Eklund makes a living off having his own "sources" and "inside" info to the NHL.... now it appears he copies alot of his material.

To me, it's more the fact that he tries to make some third party blog entry look like it's some super-secret inside source. Quote it correctly and he has no insider information. Call it a mysterious "source" and he creates the illusion of knowledge.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id...mp;blogger_id=1

No worries, he has an explanation!

Not that I'm an Eklund apologist or anything, but he did use quotation marks.

Well. He was RUMORED to have used quotation marks, and he discovered that particular punctuation device (but only a POSSIBLE punctuation device) from an unknown source close to people deep within the Calgary Flames organization. E2.

ON EDIT: I should mention that more information on quotation marks, as well as commas, semi-colons, exclamation points, and other punctuation devices are available to paid subscribers at eleven_punctuation_rumors.net. Find out just what Parliament thinks of the percent symbol!

If someone else prints it, then he has to source the material. He can't just call him "a source," he has to acknowledge who wrote it first. There's really no gray area when he pulls a quote pretty much word-for-word.

No wonder he's never right then.

Wonder how many times he got his inside info off this site?

We really should start a rumor section and post real rumors with fake ones and see which of our fakes make it on his pay site.

We really should start a rumor section and post real rumors with fake ones and see which of our fakes make it on his pay site.

naw, what you do is someone here makes a blog. someone that actually sounds credible (t-webs?). Make reports, get some info there that is true, and then start dropping the fake stuff. see how long it takes uncle Ek to bite. It might be a year before it works, but it'd be worth it.

I lied. It wouldn't.

I really need to search other teams forums and see if they have the same reaction to the stuff that he says like we do. Anyone ever see anything before?

I don't remember exactly where, but I do remember at least other boards commenting on Ek's "inside sources" and "rumor has it's". I personally don't visit Ek's site. If he says something I'm sure it'll be posted and discussed, therefore, visit I don't.

Has it ever been explained why Eklund does not post under his actual name? Why the secret identity? :lol:

That being said, I do check his site at least a couple of times a week. What can I say...any hockey fix during the summer is better than no hockey fix. :)

I listed it here once - you can go search for eklunds real name on google. He is some musician.

You know it! :worthy:

Now I'd like to see Eklund's stock plummet to the point where he has to get a real job!

"Maybe I could be a truck driver. Mav, you got the number for that truck driving school we saw? What was it, TruckMasters? I might need that."

I don't remember exactly where, but I do remember at least other boards commenting on Ek's "inside sources" and "rumor has it's". I personally don't visit Ek's site. If he says something I'm sure it'll be posted and discussed, therefore, visit I don't.

A friend of mine here is a Thrashers Fan (a real one, knowledgeable, too!) and he thinks Ek is full of crap.

In all honesty, I'm a jealous SOB. Even if he IS just making sh*t up all day long, that's his freaking job. I'd love that... wake up at 1:00PM, nurse the hangover for an hour, type up some full on random crap about free agents, and smile all the way to the bank. That's the beauty (bitch?) of the Internet. Anyone can throw up a forum and come across as authoritative.

Popular blogs like that make a freaking killing. The macrumors.com guy quit his job as a nephrologist because he was making more writing about Apples. To top it off, he actually has a subscription service. I wonder how many tools actually *pay* him. About all they get for their money is another advertisement filled page. I wish I had thought that up.

Archived