[OT] Hockey and the 2008 election

PASabreFan

The Palins are pretty -- uhhhhh -- cool! Some hockey angles in the political intrigue.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/r...n_open_sec.html

Doe-eyed Bristol Palin, 17, and ruggedly handsome Levi Johnston, an 18-year-old self-described "f---in' redneck," have been dating a year, locals in Wasilla, Alaska, told the Daily News.

Yeah, that's exactly what the country needs: more people reveling in being ignorant and teen pregnancies. :wallbash:

Yeah, that's exactly what the country needs: more people reveling in being ignorant and teen pregnancies. :wallbash:

Yet the Republicans will pull out of this unscathed pulling the wool over the masses with BS and polital spin, yet again reeling in the large ignorant masses. :thumbsup:

this is the best piece of photo shop that i've seen after mccain's tapping of palin. (heh heh, i typed "tapping.")

post-760-1220373807_thumbjpg

for my own part, as a clinton democrat (bubba, not hrc) who doesn't vote strictly on party lines, i find mccain's selection absolutely fascinating.

now, the selection could wind up being "fascinating" like the aftermath of a wicked train wreck, or it could be "fascinating" like seeing boise state pull out a trick play to beat michigan in a bowl game. time will tell.

now, the selection could wind up being "fascinating" like the aftermath of a wicked train wreck, or it could be "fascinating" like seeing boise state pull out a trick play to beat michigan Oklahoma in a bowl game. time will tell.

Fixed.

I am out of the country so I have no idea how the Right (FOX News) is trying to spin the teen-age pregnancy thing. This is one of the things that ticks me off about politics is all the hypocrisy involved in it. The Republican Party plays the morally correct card and then this shenanigans happens. In my mind, this is the same hypocrisy level of Elliot Spitzer and his whole prostitution bad but good for me schtick.

Whether you are Republican or Democrat, a majority of them are total frauds and fakes. I say it is time for another revolution :ph34r: .

Fixed.

I am out of the country so I have no idea how the Right (FOX News) is trying to spin the teen-age pregnancy thing. This is one of the things that ticks me off about politics is all the hypocrisy involved in it. The Republican Party plays the morally correct card and then this shenanigans happens. In my mind, this is the same hypocrisy level of Elliot Spitzer and his whole prostitution bad but good for me schtick.

Whether you are Republican or Democrat, a majority of them are total frauds and fakes. I say it is time for another revolution :ph34r: .

We tried that this past primary cycle. The Republican machine didn't buy into it.

^^ LOL

Sarah looked very sexy last night. She was mean but who doesn't like a women with spunk? Very nice legs too. Jeez....

I'm for Obama, but i watched her and despite looking good i did think she did a good job on her speach. But, wow, did you guys see John McCain come out? He comes out to greet the family and i was like "whoa!".... the dude looked half-dead. The smile was very sketchy. Idk, i just don't like the guy. He came out after a nice speech and looked like he was on his death bed.

^^ LOL

Sarah looked very sexy last night. She was mean but who doesn't like a women with spunk? Very nice legs too. Jeez....

I'm for Obama, but i watched her and despite looking good i did think she did a good job on her speach. But, wow, did you guys see John McCain come out? He comes out to greet the family and i was like "whoa!".... the dude looked half-dead. The smile was very sketchy. Idk, i just don't like the guy. He came out after a nice speech and looked like he was on his death bed.

I love how he kept congratulating the husband on the speech. "Tremendous job." He must have said it three times. Then we asked the gathering if they thought they had made the right choice, he turned to the husband, before spinning around to find the governor. Shades of the Gipper! Chairman Mo. Princess David.

^^ LOL

Was the not raising his arms up to shoulder height part of what made you think he looked "like he was on his death bed?" Just curious, because that was due to his being tortured by the North Vietnamese for ~6 years.

^^ LOL

She looks like she has a nice "rack", but who can tell when it is hidden behind all those layers of business attire. :blush: :blush:

the dude looked half-dead.

Imagine what he would look like after 4 or 8 years of being president. Take a look at Clinton and Bush The Junior before they took office and then look at them at the end of their terms. They look like they aged double the years they were in office. I think if McCain became president, he would look like the old guy guarding the holy grail by the time he was done.

I love how he kept congratulating the husband on the speech. "Tremendous job." He must have said it three times. Then we asked the gathering if they thought they had made the right choice, he turned to the husband, before spinning around to find the governor. Shades of the Gipper! Chairman Mo. Princess David.

I wonder if the Repubs have come up with a slogan like "Win One for the Barracuda!" :unsure:

Yet the Republicans will pull out of this unscathed pulling the wool over the masses with BS and polital spin, yet again reeling in the large ignorant masses. :thumbsup:

It goes both ways, just like firing tracers. Each side might as well be guilty of being the pot calling the kettle black.

It goes both ways, just like firing tracers. Each side might as well be guilty of being the pot calling the kettle black.

I don't know of Democratic spin control artists like O'Reilly and Limbaugh. My In-Laws literally wake up in the morning to read their half dozen right wing websites to tell them what they should be spewing to their peers every day.

lol i won't be. Obama will win in a landslide.

Taro - No i know he was tortured and has issues with it, that wasn't my comment on it.

...and the Sabres will win the SC in 2006.

Word to the wise: I try not to count all of my chickens until they hatch.

Archived