Something Big?

tom webster

You were right.

'Buffalo Sabres GM Darcy Regier announced today the Sabres have signed a pair of unrestricted free agent forwards: RW Colton Fretter and LW Colin Murphy.'

Thank God we got Colton locked up. Anybody know anything about him? 5'10, 187lbs...

Here's his extensive work product:

Regular Season Playoffs

Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM GP G A Pts PIM

2002-03 Michigan State University NCAA 35 7 15 22 36

2003-04 Michigan State University NCAA 39 6 11 17 22

2004-05 Michigan State University NCAA 40 20 24 44 28

2005-06 Michigan State University NCAA 45 10 19 29 28

2006-07 Gwinnett Gladiators ECHL 51 36 32 68 46 4 3 0 3 4

2007-08 Bridgeport Sound Tigers AHL 18 9 2 11 14 -- -- -- -- --

2007-08 Chicago Wolves AHL 8 1 3 4 2 -- -- -- -- --

2007-08 Gwinnett Gladiators ECHL 2 2 0 2 4 -- -- -- -- --

I hope Max for McKee doesn't happen. I'd like to see Max moved to improve the team but come on, that's a lot to give for McKee. If Spacek goes I'd be upset because I think Rivet and Spacho paired together could be a lot of fun to watch. I'd rather Max was traded to Vancouver for Bieksa.

I hope Max for McKee doesn't happen. I'd like to see Max moved to improve the team but come on, that's a lot to give for McKee. If Spacek goes I'd be upset because I think Rivet and Spacho paired together could be a lot of fun to watch. I'd rather Max was traded to Vancouver for Bieksa.

I would rather Max get hit real hard in the head and play like the 35 goal scorer he should be...But that anint gonna happen either..I want NHL vet in here for him and Mckee would be just fine by me..He would have to play 10-12 minutes a game and thats it..I guarantee you we would get more in the first 10 shifts from MCkee than we got from Max all last yr..

I would rather Max get hit real hard in the head and play like the 35 goal scorer he should be...But that anint gonna happen either..I want NHL vet in here for him and Mckee would be just fine by me..He would have to play 10-12 minutes a game and thats it..I guarantee you we would get more in the first 10 shifts from MCkee than we got from Max all last yr..

Not sure I'd want McKee taking up $4M in cap space for 10-12 mins. Plus I think McKee is close to done. Definitely on the downside.

Not sure I'd want McKee taking up $4M in cap space for 10-12 mins. Plus I think McKee is close to done. Definitely on the downside.

they have plenty of space to bring in a solid shotblocker..its their money not mine..I want them to spend it all..They can add another metal category to their ticket price and take care of it.. :lol:

For the record, the Max for Mckee deal is a deal floated by Dennis Williams on his show about a month ago. Even Dennis admitted it was his own idea and didn't come from any tip he had received.

Its what Ecklund does.

As for me, I like McKee but I think you can come up with a similiar defensemen at less then $4 million per for the next two years.

For the record, the Max for Mckee deal is a deal floated by Dennis Williams on his show about a month ago. Even Dennis admitted it was his own idea and didn't come from any tip he had received.

Its what Ecklund does.

As for me, I like McKee but I think you can come up with a similiar defensemen at less then $4 million per for the next two years.

The problem with it is there doesnt seem to be a whole lot of takers for max at this point and Davidson wants to move Mckee and his salary..So even though it wont happen if it did I would Smile and wave....

I think that a 4th round pick would be alot to give for Max... :ph34r:

Its what Ecklund does.

If Pieterangelo sticks on the St. Louis roster -( He was just signed) I wouldn't be surprised if McKee gets moved or even waived.

The week is coming to an end but there is still a sense that they are waiting on something big. In my opinion, they have a deal in place but are hoping one of the teams waiting on Sundin has a better deal for them.

Who do the Sabres have that a team that is interested in Sundin is going to turn to them for if they don't land him? I really doubt someone like Vancouver is going to make this big offer for Sundin and then if they don't get him say "Oh well, get me Darcy's number, lets up the offer to land Afinegenov!"

Even if McKee played less than 40 games, it would still be worth it.

I wouldn't bring in McKee if he re-worked the contract so the Sabres only payed the league minimum. He left to cash in his big payday so let the Blues suffer with a grossly over-paid over-rated defenseman that they would be lucky if they could get another 66 games out of him this season. Hopefully the Sabres are looking forward and not in the past to bring in old busted up hockey players because they once played here.

Who do the Sabres have that a team that is interested in Sundin is going to turn to them for if they don't land him? I really doubt someone like Vancouver is going to make this big offer for Sundin and then if they don't get him say "Oh well, get me Darcy's number, lets up the offer to land Afinegenov!"

It may not be a situation where the offer would be "upped". They could have a tentative deal in place as a plan 'B'. Telling the Sabres if plan 'A' doesn't work out the deal is on.

It may not be a situation where the offer would be "upped". They could have a tentative deal in place as a plan 'B'. Telling the Sabres if plan 'A' doesn't work out the deal is on.

Even if thats true, I still have my doubts that any teams 'Plan B' for missing out on Sundin is to call Regier about Max, Kotalik, Connolly.......

Now if by something big you mean the Sabres deal someone like Pomminstein to a team that couldn't land Sundin, we might be talking, he could definitly be a 'Plan B' in alot of teams minds if the Sabres don't think they can afford to pay him top dollar along with Roy, Vanek, and Miller

Guest Sloth
Even if thats true, I still have my doubts that any teams 'Plan B' for missing out on Sundin is to call Regier about Max, Kotalik, Connolly.......

Now if by something big you mean the Sabres deal someone like Pomminstein to a team that couldn't land Sundin, we might be talking, he could definitly be a 'Plan B' in alot of teams minds if the Sabres don't think they can afford to pay him top dollar along with Roy, Vanek, and Miller

I'd be crushed if Pomminstein didn't have his contract extended. Miller has talked about how they have a set of key players that want to build around. Pomminstein had better be one of those players. He's worth 5 million a year and management needs to accept that now. Buffalo should offer him 4.5 up front. If he rejects it, offer him 5 million right away. Show the guy you want him in town.

I'd be crushed if Pomminstein didn't have his contract extended. Miller has talked about how they have a set of key players that want to build around. Pomminstein had better be one of those players. He's worth 5 million a year and management needs to accept that now. Buffalo should offer him 4.5 up front. If he rejects it, offer him 5 million right away. Show the guy you want him in town.

I don't think there is any doubt they want him, but it is a two-way street and if he has another year like last year, $5 million would be leaving money on the table ... maybe he wants to see if he can up the ante with a hot start... his personality seems more along the lines of Miller where he wants to get something done, but you never know, "team first" guys play out their contracts and test the market all the time ... just saying it's not all up the the Sabres.

I want to see him re-signed in Buffalo too, but he is more along the lines of a player a team might try to get as a 'plan B' if their plans of getting Sundin fall through like Tom proposed. Pominnville, Roy, Vanek, they are all guys that teams might call up Darcy to try and pry away for a big deal to compensate not getting Sundin. Not guys like Max, Timmy, Kotalik, Peters, the guys most are looking to give away.

I can't see them doing it, but you never know, they may not be able to afford all those guys making mid/upper level NHL deals

Archived