Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

My complaint, changing avitars. It makes it more difficult to know how I feel about a post before actually reading it.

I'm with you on this one 100%. I don't even see the usernames at this point. I know people by their avatars. Then someone changes theirs and it ruins everything. You'll also get newer people who show up with one very similar to someone else's longterm avatar and it throws me off. I fear the day that someone will create a route 20 avatar and start to steal your thunder.

I hate twitter.

My complaint, changing avitars. It makes it more difficult to know how I feel about a post before actually reading it.

I'm with you on this one 100%. I don't even see the usernames at this point. I know people by their avatars. Then someone changes theirs and it ruins everything. You'll also get newer people who show up with one very similar to someone else's longterm avatar and it throws me off. I fear the day that someone will create a route 20 avatar and start to steal your thunder.

Don't beat around the bush guys, just ask chz nicely to change hers back and maybe she will.

I'm on the job loss watch again. Nothing for certain, but with this budget sequestration deadline approaching I arrived at work yesterday to find out that the majority of folks on gov't projects have been transferred to non-gov't projects. We now have too many people on my project and not enough work for all of us. We've been told "everyone's job is safe, for now".

In my interview I asked about how budget sequestration may affect things here. they were very upfront about new employees would be adversly affected. None of this is a surprise.

Nonetheless..... Feck me. I thought I got past this.

Sucks dude. Hoping the best for ya, Nice beer, good hockey, get your mind off it.

Have you been on the roofs running from the Brits?

Yes. I don't think it is too slow. I think the Brits are too tenacious and too fast. It bothers me more that they are down every damn alley and every damn side street.

I stayed at work until 10pm last night just to finish a big project so I could send the results to my boss and be done with it, knowing I had to come in early this morning to process patient samples. I drag my ass out of bed early, get here at 9am, only to be left in the lurch because no one bothered to relay when the patients were actually coming in and who should get the samples. I've been here over an hour now and I'm still waiting. :censored: Very grumpy.

Edited by biodork

I stayed at work until 10pm last night just to finish a big project so I could send the results to my boss and be done with it, knowing I had to come in early this morning to process patient samples. I drag my ass out of bed early, get here at 9am, only to be left in the lurch because no one bothered to relay when the patients were actually coming in and who should get the samples. I've been here over an hour now and I'm still waiting. :censored: Very grumpy.

You're cute when you are blowing off steam and grumpy ... :flirt:

Processing patient samples ... sounds like one of the worst jobs I can imagine ... ;)

=====

RRSP (the Canadian equivilant, roughly speaking, to a 401K retirement plan) contribution deadline is tomorrow at midnight. I know my tax clients will be coming out of the woodwork at sometime around 11:00 PM tomorrow night with ... *how much should I throw in there*. It's the same story every year.

You're cute when you are blowing off steam and grumpy ... :flirt:

Processing patient samples ... sounds like one of the worst jobs I can imagine ... ;)

=====

RRSP (the Canadian equivilant, roughly speaking, to a 401K retirement plan) contribution deadline is tomorrow at midnight. I know my tax clients will be coming out of the woodwork at sometime around 11:00 PM tomorrow night with ... *how much should I throw in there*. It's the same story every year.

lol not as bad as it sounds, but time-consuming and requires the use of equipment that others also need, so it's really inconvenient when I can't plan accordingly. It's also mucking up my plans for the day, since I thought I'd be done with the samples by noon and it's looking like I won't even be able to start until 11am. And good luck with your likely customer rush tomorrow, although at least it's job security for you, eh? ;)

Edited by biodork

Argh, more f*cking idiots making extra work for me... stupid purchasing dept guy tells me 5 min. ago he needs documentation TODAY on several items. I have them mostly together already because I'm going to be out next week, but I need my boss to sign them before I can send over and he's in clinic seeing patients most of the day. I'm reminded of the phrase "A failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!" Argh.

Argh, more f*cking idiots making extra work for me... stupid purchasing dept guy tells me 5 min. ago he needs documentation TODAY on several items. I have them mostly together already because I'm going to be out next week, but I need my boss to sign them before I can send over and he's in clinic seeing patients most of the day. I'm reminded of the phrase "A failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!" Argh.

pimp slap the purchasing guy with a shovel.

You think 9a is early? My day is half over by 9a. :w00t:

pimp slap the purchasing guy with a shovel.

Is that allowed?

You think 9a is early? My day is half over by 9a. :w00t:

Is that allowed?

9am is early for sure when you work until 10pm the night before and live 30 min. away! I'm normally here more like 10:30-7, so getting here at 9am is big departure from the norm. And today it was for nothing, since I JUST received the second sample on which I was waiting.

And it should be allowed (re: Liger's shovel idea)... that dude is so bad at his job, it's unbelievable.

The snow removal system out here sucks. When there's a so called snow emergency, they only allow you to park on one side of the street so that there is plenty of room for the plows to do their thing. So since there were no cars on that side of the street, you'd think they plow could at least cut the snow as close as possible to the curb, right? Now, they left at least the equivalent of a cars width worth of snow on that side. So instead of that side now being useable for parking, we are left with that slightly melted mound of concrete down that entire side of the street. The number of available parking spots is cut in half even now 2+ weeks after that storm.

I'm stuck parking about a mile away from home each day. I don't mind the walk. What I do mind is all the wasted gas as I drive around for 20 minutes or so hoping to find a spot. My street typically is about 3/4s full at any given time, but thanks to the blocks of slowly melting concrete, there's never anything free.

Last night, I went home with a raging headache. It was so bad that almost forgot to actually fill out my time card. In my agony and haste, I didn't close the doc that I had been formatting and editing.

This morning, I came in and was greeted with an email from a co-worker who lambasted me for leaving it open. "I needed to work on something in that doc, and you left without closing it. What if you had been out sick for days? THEN what?" The best part is that he CCed our manager. Couldn't bother to discuss this privately with me, nor find out if there was a particular reason why I left without closing it. No ... instead, he writes this scathing email and copies our boss. Sweet.

Follow that up with the fact that he, another co-worker, my boss, and I all had a meeting this morning to discuss that documentation suite. Mid-way through, my boss looks over at me and says, "Oh, yah ... by the way, please make sure that you shut your docs when you leave." At that point, I felt that I had to defend myself and explain why it was left open. After I gave my explanation, complaining co-worker said, "Yah, I shouldn't have sent that last night. I was tired, not feeling well, and then when I tried to get in and couldn't, I was just pissed ... so I fired off that email in anger. So ... sorry about that."

Nice.