Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Interesting. Is there anyone here that has thought about a holistic approach to medicine? I'd be interested to read your thoughts on the matter.

Having said that, to play off of your complaint, there are some prescription "drugs" that should have never seen the light of day in the marketplace. Vioxx, Zoloft, Gardasil, and RU-486 (to name a few). For the FDA to approve these drugs and then to watch them cause serious long-term health problems (and even death) should be enough of a red flag for people to not take the FDA seriously. On top of that, ever notice how the pharmaceutical companies spend billions of dollars on these "drugs" for advertisements per year?

my wife is really getting into natural oils. some friends of ours got her into it, and now she's full-blown convinced that they are better than medicine. she takes grapefruit to calm her down, orange to calm down my ADHD daughter (in conjunction with when her concerta wears off, which when it does is so much more than just obvious), hell, even for this ankle issue she's been begging me to put on some lemongrass. i thought, "what the hell. let her have her fun." sho' 'nuff, ankle doesn't hurt nearly as bad today, and i stood on it for 10 hours straight yesterday. by the time i got home, i thought my entire right leg was going to rebel and just secede from my personal little country of a body, but after that oil she put on, damn. i could have stood on it another 10 hours.

i'm still pretty skeptical about the overall use of oils vs. stuff like aleve, advil or even midol (for her, anyway ...) but i won't deny that they do have their effects, all of which are positive.

Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be climbed over by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Dennis the Menace? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for chz and her girlfriends, and you curse Jerry Korab. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That chz's stalking, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me outside that window, you need me outside that window. We use words like peep, sneak, stalk and leer. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent stalking someone. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the watchful eye that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you whip out your weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

:blink: HAHA I have no idea where that is from, but that was funny...

Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be climbed over by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Dennis the Menace? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for chz and her girlfriends, and you curse Jerry Korab. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That chz's stalking, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me outside that window, you need me outside that window. We use words like peep, sneak, stalk and leer. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent stalking someone. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the watchful eye that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you whip out your weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

He can't handle the truth.

Slow Clap :clapping: .... FASTER :clapping: ..... Cheering :lol: .... :worthy:

:clapping: :worthy: :clapping: :worthy:

jack would be so proud.

:blink: HAHA I have no idea where that is from, but that was funny...

Do yourself a favor - get together with your girlfriend this weekend and watch "A Few Good Men" starring Jack Nicholson, Tom Cruise, Demi Moore, Keifer Sutherland, Kevin Bacon and Noah Wylie.

It is a must see film from the 90's. You will miss quotes and jokes for decades if you don't watch this movie.

Consider this your code red.

Do yourself a favor - get together with your girlfriend this weekend and watch "A Few Good Men" starring Jack Nicholson, Tom Cruise, Demi Moore, Keifer Sutherland, Kevin Bacon and Noah Wylie.

It is a must see film from the 90's. You will miss quotes and jokes for decades if you don't watch this movie.

I second this motion. You will be a better man for having done this.

And it's on all the time too. I've actually gotten a bit sick of it. I can watch that scene a million times though.

I'm ashamed of myself right now :doh: . I have seen the movie, and I cannot believe that I did not recognize the most amazing line ever...I am going to go hide under a rock now

EDIT: and just for good measure, it is now in my netflix to watch list.

Edited by dEnnis the Menace

LOL lots of good chit in thios thread today guys :thumbsup:

I fear for all of us though. It has been decades since it came out and yet it lives strong.

Classic

:worthy:

I got nothin' this week. Yeah, I know...the planets have apparently aligned.

I have been traveling for work for what equates to every week since the beginning of August. I know it's part of the job description but usually I get a week or so local to ease the burden a little bit. I'm just getting frustrated with not being able to see my friends and family in Buffalo since I'm gone all the time. Just mentioned it to my boss so hopefully that helps a little.

Not many people complain that they don't get to spend all their time in Buffalo... ;)

how come all these a-holes get millions of dollars and I get nuthin? :censored:

The more I study history, the more I know that this kind of stuff has been going on since Genesis 3. Long of it and the short of it is that there has always been rich and poor, and there always will be - and I accept that.

My opinion is fact. There's no point in debating that.

Where did that come from?

Got a failure to stop ticket on Halloween. State Trooper decided to park behind a shrubbery on a lawn in my neighborhood and rope in everyone who rolls through the stops signs. I don't have a problem with getting the ticket, I earned it. My problem is that we'll never see him again. Giving me a lecture about how you used to live here and "these college kids all speed through here" doesn't solve anything if you don't routinely enforce the traffic laws. Targeted enforcement of problem areas is one of the most fundamental principles of policing.

But we'll never see him again. I, a safe driver, who has never had an accident, and can probably out drive most police officers, get a nice ticket, while all the drunk bros in m neighborhood who hit everything that moves and are an extreme danger, get to tool around unabated now that it's not Halloween. That is garbage policing.

• Like (+1) 1

Got a failure to stop ticket on Halloween. State Trooper decided to park behind a shrubbery on a lawn in my neighborhood and rope in everyone who rolls through the stops signs. I don't have a problem with getting the ticket, I earned it. My problem is that we'll never see him again. Giving me a lecture about how you used to live here and "these college kids all speed through here" doesn't solve anything if you don't routinely enforce the traffic laws. Targeted enforcement of problem areas is one of the most fundamental principles of policing.

But we'll never see him again. I, a safe driver, who has never had an accident, and can probably out drive most police officers, get a nice ticket, while all the drunk bros in m neighborhood who hit everything that moves and are an extreme danger, get to tool around unabated now that it's not Halloween. That is garbage policing.

I figured that you got a ticket based on what you had posted on FB. Are you still in the same apartment in Westbrooke or whatever? I roll thru those all the time when I go visit other friends there...

I live in Dryden now, and our road doesn't have a posted speed limit, but it's a hill with a bunch of houses on it, and a few sharp turns. Even if i wanted to speed, I probably wouldn't. We had a few neighbors request that the town put up a speed limit sign because some high schoolers were FLYING up and down the road. The town responded by having a cop sit on the side of the road for about 2 hours one day, and only a handful of people went up the road that day. He reported back that with the lack of traffic, there really isn't a need... :doh: talk about a small sample size of data...needless to say, the High schoolers still FLY up the road every day, and i'm hoping one of these days one of them ends up in my ditch so I can laugh at them.

Quota. It was the 31st.

I'd rather have him writing up at a stop sign on a night when a bunch of little kids are in the streets than pulling people over for 63 in a 55. He's probably a good dude who doesn't give out a lot of tickets but needed some freebies at the last second.

Still sucks...

Quota. It was the 31st.

I'd rather have him writing up at a stop sign on a night when a bunch of little kids are in the streets than pulling people over for 63 in a 55. He's probably a good dude who doesn't give out a lot of tickets but needed some freebies at the last second.

Still sucks...

My issue is that if he is concerned about the safety of the neighborhood, then it can't just be a one night only situation. You'll never change the habits of hundreds of college students by putting up those little "Your Speed" boxes. Those only deter the people who were already deterred in the first place.

He's not wrong that it's always been like that. Well then do something about it. It does need to change. That's not even debatable.