Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

My faith in this board's readership is stricken! 9:45 on a Thursday morning and still no complaint thread? Truly we have all forgotten our place.

Alas, my complaint is that there wasn't already a thread to post in.

gah! you beat me out by two minutes!

I start it the second I show up at work, when it's not already there. The British Open made me a little late today. But yeah, I'm always surprised that it's not open when I show up.

I hate how people in large groups think they're somehow entitled to the entire sidewalk.

I don't think it's exclusive to large groups. People are self-absorbed and inconsiderate at an unprecendented level. Next time some punk ass kid tries that with me, I'm lowing my shoulder and going Kaleta on their ass. I'm sick and tired of people's lack of consideration of those around them. It's all about looking out for number one, screw whoever I inconvenience to get what I want.

Ok, I'm not a big capital punishment guy, but fir this I can make an exception...

ANY web publisher who puts up a picture of a product, a place, a person, etc... and has an "enlarge" link - better make damn well sure the picture that comes up is SUBSTANTIALLY BIGGER!!! If that thing is only 10% larger it makes me very, very angry and anyone who does that should DIAF.

Ok, I'm not a big capital punishment guy, but fir this I can make an exception...

ANY web publisher who puts up a picture of a product, a place, a person, etc... and has an "enlarge" link - better make damn well sure the picture that comes up is SUBSTANTIALLY BIGGER!!! If that thing is only 10% larger it makes me very, very angry and anyone who does that should DIAF.

:(

I don't think it's exclusive to large groups. People are self-absorbed and inconsiderate at an unprecendented level. Next time some punk ass kid tries that with me, I'm lowing my shoulder and going Kaleta on their ass. I'm sick and tired of people's lack of consideration of those around them. It's all about looking out for number one, screw whoever I inconvenience to get what I want.

I've reached the point now where I just walk right through people. It happens way too often. And yeah, it's typically groups of 3 walking side by side. I still haven't reached the point where I'll walk through a woman though. There I just stop and stand in their way. If they're decent enough looking, it's usually a happy collision.

I'm just hoping the kid now goes to a different school simply because one person on the sidewalk was rude (even though he was the rude one). If I had that kind of power, I'd start to abuse it, and that can only lead to good things.

This one set me off. I go into a Dunkin Donuts and order a value set, you know, the number #3 or something, thinking - hey that's not a bad deal. It's $3.19 on the menu but then I'm charged $3.57 .....I tell the cashier that that doesn't sound right. He says that I'm not adding in the tax, Tax is 8% so even if it 9% He's overcharged me. I wanted the price on the menu.

The guy looks at me and tells me that the menu is wrong and not the computer, and thereby decides it is more important to make me feel like an a#$^$#!e for complaining about 10 cents than giving me the advertised price.

I don't really give a crap about the .10, I want to feel as if I'm getting a fair deal.

Now I wonder if everyone who orders off the menu isn't getting screwed by .10.

Anyway...that's all I got. Just a slow burn.....

This one set me off. I go into a Dunkin Donuts and order a value set, you know, the number #3 or something, thinking - hey that's not a bad deal. It's $3.19 on the menu but then I'm charged $3.57 .....I tell the cashier that that doesn't sound right. He says that I'm not adding in the tax, Tax is 8% so even if it 9% He's overcharged me. I wanted the price on the menu.

The guy looks at me and tells me that the menu is wrong and not the computer, and thereby decides it is more important to make me feel like an a#$^$#!e for complaining about 10 cents than giving me the advertised price.

I don't really give a crap about the .10, I want to feel as if I'm getting a fair deal.

This reminds me of something that's been bugging me lately. This store down the street from me was recently taken over by new people. The guy that's there everytime I stop in always rings up every $0.99 as $1. He'll round up that extra cent on everything. Obviously I could care less about that penny, but it got me wondering. Over even an hour, how much extra money does that store pull in thanks to this guy? Those pennies are going to add up very quickly. It's only a matter of time before he pulls a Superman 2 and screws up.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of businesses get away with stuff like this just because we as American's are too lazy to check the numbers. We're in a hurry, we just want our food. Who cares what it costs. I think I would only notice a difference if my Large coffee from Tim Horton's didn't cost $1.75 every time.

You mean you are going to fall down and turtle?!?!?!

On the flip side of that...yesterday I stopped at Dairy Queen and ordered a medium Tagalong Blizzard and expected to pay $3.39, the advertised price. The girl said "that'll be $2.89" and I said "Hey...whats up with that"? Turns out it is the Blizzard of the Month and on sale.

My complaint #1: The Blizzard, alas, was not for me. My daughter ate it while I sat empty handed cursing the fact that I am on the proverbial diet. Sigh.

My complaint #2: My other daughter is away at "nerd camp" (her words, not mine) and I miss her terribly. In three years she'll be heading off to college somewhere and thinking about that and missing her now is making me all misty in a motherly sort of way. Sigh again. :cry:

Your post sounds like a Smiling Bob commercial. I'll take a 10% increase any day!!

6:40 hockey games on a weekday. The traffic out here is abusurd. I'll have to leave work early just to get there 20 minutes late. Usually I'd have no problem leaving work early, but I'd gladly sit through normal work hours to have an 8pm game instead. The rush hour traffic is that miserable.

Please indulge us!

Yeah I'd like to hear the details on this one.

One guy all week was making references my "donut holes". With saying #%^$#! like "Do you like cream in your donut holes" and #%^$#!.

#%^$#!ing pissed me off, so today I tossed a large coffee on his crotch and said "Get your timbits away from me".

I got pulled over at the next stop and asked to leave, which I was planning on doing for a while anyway.

I'm still shaking a little I'm so pumped right now.

One guy all week was making references my "donut holes". With saying #%^$#! like "Do you like cream in your donut holes" and #%^$#!.

#%^$#!ing pissed me off, so today I tossed a large coffee on his crotch and said "Get your timbits away from me".

I got pulled over at the next stop and asked to leave, which I was planning on doing for a while anyway.

I'm still shaking a little I'm so pumped right now.

Have the sexual harrassment suit ready to go.

Complaints...

1. Is it possible to not use a pool once all summer?

2. People who drive around WNY like maniacs. Slow friggin' down. Your commute is about as short as it can be. You are risking your life and the people driving around you.

3. Still having to cut my grass every 4 or 5 days because of all the rain and cool weather. Shouldn't my grass be burned by now?

4. Stupid new eye doctor who overcharged me almost $200 for new glasses. After verifying my coverage, I had to call them 3 times before they finally got it right. I am not sure if this was intentional or the opticians who figure out the costs are IDIOTS! It is not rocket science.

5. The 500 block of Main St. downtown is a joke. I am not sure if Buffalo is on the upswing when a block that at one time had a McDonalds, John & Mary's, Burger King and Ruby's, now for the most part has vacant buildings for more than a decade.

Complaints...

1. Is it possible to not use a pool once all summer?

2. People who drive around WNY like maniacs. Slow friggin' down. Your commute is about as short as it can be. You are risking your life and the people driving around you.

3. Still having to cut my grass every 4 or 5 days because of all the rain and cool weather. Shouldn't my grass be burned by now?

4. Stupid new eye doctor who overcharged me almost $200 for new glasses. After verifying my coverage, I had to call them 3 times before they finally got it right. I am not sure if this was intentional or the opticians who figure out the costs are IDIOTS! It is not rocket science.

5. The 500 block of Main St. downtown is a joke. I am not sure if Buffalo is on the upswing when a block that at one time had a McDonalds, John & Mary's, Burger King and Ruby's, now for the most part has vacant buildings for more than a decade.

Maybe they need glasses?