F*** Tiger Woods

carpandean

I used to like him, but he is dead to me now:

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/06/03/...up-Notebook.php

:thumbdown:

Let's see, the worlds most famous golfer doesn't follow/like hockey...and this is a surprise why? Newsflash...he is with the majority of people in the US on this one, but don't let facts get in the way of your rant.

PS Who cares what he thinks about hockey?

Let's see, the worlds most famous golfer doesn't follow/like hockey...and this is a surprise why? Newsflash...he is with the majority of people in the US on this one, but don't let facts get in the way of your rant.

PS Who cares what he thinks about hockey?

It was a joke. Got a little too serious in the course of the thread, but I thought it would be funny.

It's funny to see what is now considered a sport. Since when did poker & card games become a sport? Since when did the Spelling Bee become a sport?

Hopefully, I can get a thumbwrestling league going, and I can get coverage on ESPN 2.

As for Tiger Woods, he can stick one of those golf clubs up his pompous as-. I think congress needs to do an investigation into golf on performance enhancing drugs (Woods= Roids user). (Okay, I'm being far-fetched, but PHUQ TIGER!!!!)

Even so, when Jordan came back and played for the Wizards he was average at best. I know it's a new team and they didn't have many good players but most teams have their one or two allstars and bank off of them to make the grade. He couldn't do it. Not saying he wasn't a great player but the skill level had increased that much since he last played.

i disagree entirely. a generational, all-time talent from the late 80s and early 90s doesn't get qualitatively eclipsed just like that. and, imo, the basketball talent level in the nba has been on a steady and precipitous decline the last decade or so (or perhaps on a steady "evolution" toward some other related sport that involves spectacularly-athletic, individual efforts at putting a ball through a hoop).

jordan was 37, maybe 38, when he came back and played for the wizards in the early part of this decade (and even then, with his jumpshot legs just about spent, he put up 20+ per game). i'm talking mj from ~'86-'94.

Guest Sloth
It's all good. Just don't let happen again you lazy, non-sport playing ... oops, my bad. ;)

I can't remember how many times I said that in college and ended up drunk the next night. :death:

Good point. I said and did the exact same thing in college. Gosh those were the days. Being a husband/father causes some people to pull a 180 in their lifestyle. It did for me. All of a sudden priorities change, but they are for the better. I'll admit I cried, something I rarely do, out of pure happiness when my daughter was born. For those of you who haven't had a kid yet, you'll realize having a kid will make you much more happy than the Sabres winning the Stanley Cup. Ok, the Sabres are a VERY CLOSE SECOND. Don't tell my wife I said that though! :)

i disagree entirely. a generational, all-time talent from the late 80s and early 90s doesn't get qualitatively eclipsed just like that. and, imo, the basketball talent level in the nba has been on a steady and precipitous decline the last decade or so (or perhaps on a steady "evolution" toward some other related sport that involves spectacularly-athletic, individual efforts at putting a ball through a hoop).

jordan was 37, maybe 38, when he came back and played for the wizards in the early part of this decade (and even then, with his jumpshot legs just about spent, he put up 20+ per game). i'm talking mj from ~'86-'94.

Completely different story.

Every sport has a different level of talent evolution though. We've seen it the best in the NHL where teams use to be big slow players and now smaller fast players are the norm. Either way, I don't care for basketball so I'm really not planning on arguing with you about it. I understand your perspective on the matter though.

What are you an "outlaw Jart player?"... Jarts have been banned in the US for over 20 years, well at least the sale of them.

;) :nana:

They met an untimely demise. Sure a few folks took one in the eye, but that shouldn't have ruined the fun for all of us... Sheesh....

They met an untimely demise. Sure a few folks took one in the eye, but that shouldn't have ruined the fun for all of us... Sheesh....

And to think, a generation of emergency room interns haven't seen a college kid with Jart-foot after playing Jart-chicken at the kegger.

Completely different story.

Every sport has a different level of talent evolution though. We've seen it the best in the NHL where teams use to be big slow players and now smaller fast players are the norm. Either way, I don't care for basketball so I'm really not planning on arguing with you about it. I understand your perspective on the matter though.

It's the off-season, I guess I'm desperate for some good give and take. It is true, what you say about the NHL -- holy smokes, have you ever watched Perreault highlights from the 70s? Every defenseman looks like Darian Hatcher, and the goalies (even with their smaller equipment) look like they were pulled straight out of local bar leagues.

And to think, a generation of emergency room interns haven't seen a college kid with Jart-foot after playing Jart-chicken at the kegger.

Jarts are the stuff of legend (and were legitimately a fun lawn game) - I'm not old enough to remember Jarts Chicken (wow), but I can specifically recall being a young kid and having one thwunk down into the soil near me, and thinking that it was pretty cool/odd that the adults were playing a game involving parts that could probably go through someone's (my) foot.

The next best thing after bocce and jarts is a game that folks in the midwest play called cornhole. I know, I know, while I don't necessarily recommend performing a google search for images of the game, the game itself is no joke.

I went back and read your initial post. Where was the joke? :unsure:

Unfortunately, we'll have to chalk it up to intent being lost in posting. It was a public figure taking a jab at hockey and I thought it would be funny to point it out with a jab back. I didn't expect anyone to actually think that I hated Tiger Woods. I'm actually more offended that (as posted early in this thread) he said he didn't want his kids playing soccer because it's not active enough. Try being a left/right midfielder in a 4/4/2; you never stop running.

What are you an "outlaw Jart player?"... Jarts have been banned in the US for over 20 years, well at least the sale of them.

;) :nana:

There is a set of them in my fathers garage. I haven't seen anybody play them at picnics et al. I have thrown them, but not with anyone standing by the ring. That could leave a mark. :death:

Check this article out - some funny stuff. http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/080604

That's funny. The NHL while trying to be classy still need to grow a pair and write something like this to Sir Pud-e-tat.

One of the reader comments was:

"I'm not exactly "Joe Hockey" but Tiger curses at photographers who click a photo in mid-stroke because it's too distracting.

I wonder how he'd do trying to stop a slapshot while an offensive player and his own teammate screen him off from seeing it"

• 3 weeks later...

I thought with all this draft talk(of which I have been enjoying emensely,both the actual draft and the discussion here)you all could use a little distraction. This is a good slam on Tiger from the Onion, one of my favorite time wasting sites.

http://www.theonion.com/content/opinion/i_...but_notice_your

And with all the talk in this thread about what's a sport and what isn't, this is pretty damn funny.

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/nhl_..._to_big_leagues

Archived