F*** Tiger Woods

carpandean

I thought the Ovechkin to the NFL clip was weak. Not funny at all.

C'mon...why so sensitive. If we can't laugh at ourselves who can we laugh at?(by ourselves I mean the NHL and the people who love it). I love hockey and know it is the best game out there, especially in person. This clip points out more their ignorance than it does the state of the NHL.

very nice shot at the nfl hegemony.

with each passing day, i become more and more distant from that league.

Totally agree. I was watching a replay of Bills-Browns earlier today and all I could think was,"wow, football's really boring"

C'mon...why so sensitive. If we can't laugh at ourselves who can we laugh at?(by ourselves I mean the NHL and the people who love it). I love hockey and know it is the best game out there, especially in person. This clip points out more their ignorance than it does the state of the NHL.

Not sensitive, just didn't find it funny. Go to the NHL page in their sports section and you'll see almost all the articles and columns recycle the same joke over and over again - that no one knows about hockey or understands the game.

Carlin said golf courses are just the place for low cost housing for the homeless. It's land that's being wasted

on a meaningless, mindless activity engaged in by white, well-to-do male businessmen so they can use the

game to make business deals to carve the country up a little finer among themselves.

Golf is an arrogant, elitist racist, boring game and it takes up entirely too much room in this country. Golf is like

watching flies f**k.

So said Carlin: I believe him.

This clip points out more their ignorance than it does the state of the NHL.

for me, the clip was funny because it played on the utter hubris that the nfl is currently displaying in its capacity as the world's most dominant sports entertainment behemoth.

oh, how the mighty shall fall.

Totally agree. I was watching a replay of Bills-Browns earlier today and all I could think was,"wow, football's really boring"

that's not really where i'm coming from.

soccer's one of my favorite sports to watch, but there are plenty of groaners that fans must endure. take the games this past weekend in the euro 2008: saturday's game involving russia & holland was exhilirating to watch, even for casual soccer fans -- but then sunday's game involving spain and italy was like watching paint dry (italy appears to be international soccer's version of the devils, at their worst).

and the same goes for hockey: i've been to plenty of sabres games over the years where i turned to my buddies after an excruciating stretch of play, bugged my eyes out and exhaled in exaggerated fashion, as if to say: brutal.

for its own part, football can be as exciting to watch as any other sport.

my problem with the nfl is the "hegemony" i referenced in the first instance -- if the world of professional sports were a high school, then the nfl is, ahhh ... wait -- well, the nfl is, fittingly enough, the star quarterback who's being recruited by ohio state/florida/texas/usc, and who's been told all his life, and now firmly believes, that he's god's gift to the world.

that metaphor sucked. i need coffee.

Archived