GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Claude Balls

It's one thing to go down 2-0 against Toronto. It's another against Montreal. These guys get so much momentum just off the PP. Incredible. We're not out of it, but we cannot take any penalties the rest of the game and we have to dominate and get some goals. Price has been giving up some rebounds. I like the way the Sabres played aside from the two goals. We've got to keep putting shots on the net, create traffic in front of Price and get one of those garbage goals. I know it looks bad, we owe them after last week. Let's get this win and do to them what they did to us. Come on boys, it's not over yet, let's get this critical win.

Montreal is a much better team than Buffalo. That's all I got.

Montreal takes advantage of other team's mistakes.

The bad pinch by Weber spurred a two-goal swing. And someone seriously needs to investigate Kotalik's financials and see if he's getting payoffs from the Habs.

It's one thing to go down 2-0 against Toronto. It's another against Montreal. These guys get so much momentum just off the PP. Incredible. We're not out of it, but we cannot take any penalties the rest of the game and we have to dominate and get some goals. Price has been giving up some rebounds. I like the way the Sabres played aside from the two goals. We've got to keep putting shots on the net, create traffic in front of Price and get one of those garbage goals. I know it looks bad, we owe them after last week. Let's get this win and do to them what they did to us. Come on boys, it's not over yet, let's get this critical win.

I really liked how we played up to the Weber pinch/Kotalik penalty. Just like the 3rd period meltdowns - that was all it took - one bad play, Montreal smelled blood in the water and went on the attack.

Boy I just hate watching our very first PP in any game... It's usually adbominable.. Tonight's first one wasn't great, but they did get some pressure... The second one was plain ugly... Out shot and out chanced....

Two things to remember:

1) STAY OUT OF THE PENALTY BOX!!!! That means you Al. Don't even give the refs the excuse to make the call. If you take a penalty, it better be to save a goal because chances are pretty good that the PP will lead to one.

2) Montreal gets a PP at the end when they pull the goalie, so a one goal lead is not enough.

Just checking in during a break. Glad to see Al didn't read my post.

Archived