OT- Favorite Concerts

Mike Oxhurtz

I figured since there is a topic on favorite bands, let's hear about favorite concerts.

ZZ Top- Recycler Tour 1991 (at the Aud)

Clash of the Titans- Featuring Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer, and Alice in Chains at the old Darien Lake Ampitheater in 91'

Pantera, Sepultura & Biohazard- Darien Lake 94' (Phil Anselmo got arrested on stage for hitting a security guard with the mic)

Danzig, Samhain- Cleveland, The Agora 99'

S.O.D. (Stormtroopers of Death)- The Trock, Philly 99'

Van Halen Reunion- DC, Nov 07'

I figured since there is a topic on favorite bands, let's hear about favorite concerts.

ZZ Top- Recycler Tour 1991 (at the Aud)

Clash of the Titans- Featuring Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer, and Alice in Chains at the old Darien Lake Ampitheater in 91'

Pantera, Sepultura & Biohazard- Darien Lake 94' (Phil Anselmo got arrested on stage for hitting a security guard with the mic)

Danzig, Samhain- Cleveland, The Agora 99'

S.O.D. (Stormtroopers of Death)- The Trock, Philly 99'

Van Halen Reunion- DC, Nov 07'

About 9 Springsteen concerts but best was St Bonaventure 1979-1980

The Who, Heart, J. Geils and Nash The Slash in Toronto

The Who, The Clash and David Johansen(sic) at Rich Stadium

The Who at the Aud day after the stampede in Cincinatti

Blue Oyster Cult, Lynard Skynard and Ted Nugent at Rich

Eric Clapton at HSBC

and, believe or not

Garth Brooks at HSNC

Had tickets for the Led Zepplin concert that never was when Plant's son either died or was hurt and than was is line for show that was cancelled when Bonzo died

There were a few others that I am sure were great but I have no recollection of

About 9 Springsteen concerts but best was St Bonaventure 1979-1980

The Who, Heart, J. Geils and Nash The Slash in Toronto

The Who, The Clash and David Johansen(sic) at Rich Stadium

The Who at the Aud day after the stampede in Cincinatti

Blue Oyster Cult, Lynard Skynard and Ted Nugent at Rich

Eric Clapton at HSBC

and, believe or not

Garth Brooks at HSNC

Had tickets for the Led Zepplin concert that never was when Plant's son either died or was hurt and than was is line for show that was cancelled when Bonzo died

There were a few others that I am sure were great but I have no recollection of

Wow imagine that was at those same three but my best would probably have to be

Pink Floyd or

Led Zepplin

both at the old aud with floor seats within first 20 rows.

Pink Floyd or

Led Zepplin

I'd give my left arm and right leg to have been alive/old enough to go to these....

Pink Floyd or

Led Zepplin

Floyd and Zepplin are two shows along with the Doors that I truly regret never seeing. I had tickets for Floyd in Toronto sans Roger Waters but lost them when my first marriage ended.

I did see the Stones on fourth of July during the Some Girls tour but they were awful and i never went back to a Stones show.

Floyd and Zepplin are two shows along with the Doors that I truly regret never seeing. I had tickets for Floyd in Toronto sans Roger Waters but lost them when my first marriage ended.

I did see the Stones on fourth of July during the Some Girls tour but they were awful and i never went back to a Stones show.

Yikes was there too...... but were you stalking me or me was I stalking you or was it a dream or something they put in the kool aid. ;)

AC/DC Oct 11/83 Vancouver BC. My first AC/DC show on my 18th birthday.

AC/DC 1986 Tacoma, Washington

AC/DC 1988 Vancouver BC

AC/DC Jan 11 and 12/91 Vancouver BC

AC/DC June 18/91 Seattle Washington

AC/DC June 19/91 Vancouver BC

AC/DC 1996 (2 shows) Vancouver BC

AC/DC 2001 (2 shows) Vancouver BC

I was never big on concerts. I saw Fleetwood Mac & Foreigner at Rich Stadium which was really good. I regret not seeing Queen when Freddie Mercury was alive and the only concert I'd really like to see currently is Paul McCartney(if he ever tours again) and maybe Billy Joel.

PS I saw Trans Siberian Orchestra for the first time last November and it was outstanding.

Yikes was there too...... but were you stalking me or me was I stalking you or was it a dream or something they put in the kool aid. ;)

Funny the jug of spiked cider I had for the Stones broke open when we hopped the fence and I ended up drinking some "jeek juice" masked with kool aid

I really wished I had the money to see Damageplan when they came to DC in March 04'. I was saving up money since my son was due in a month. In Dec 04', that psycho kid hopped on stage with Damageplan and killed Dimebag Darrell.

AC/DC Oct 11/83 Vancouver BC. My first AC/DC show on my 18th birthday.

AC/DC 1986 Tacoma, Washington

AC/DC 1988 Vancouver BC

AC/DC Jan 11 and 12/91 Vancouver BC

AC/DC June 18/91 Seattle Washington

AC/DC June 19/91 Vancouver BC

AC/DC 1996 (2 shows) Vancouver BC

AC/DC 2001 (2 shows) Vancouver BC

You like AC/DC? :D

I was never big on concerts. I saw Fleetwood Mac & Foreigner at Rich Stadium which was really good. I regret not seeing Queen when Freddie Mercury was alive and the only concert I'd really like to see currently is Paul McCartney(if he ever tours again) and maybe Billy Joel.

PS I saw Trans Siberian Orchestra for the first time last November and it was outstanding.

I saw Paul McCartney a few years (4?) back in Columbus, Ohio. He was Outstanding. Very, Very, good. May have been the best concert I ever saw.

Yikes! If that was the show in Rich Stadium I was there too! What year was that? I don't remember much about it... :unsure:

Okay three in a row here but I just gotta say Peter Gabriel at Shea's in 1981. They served some of that Kool Aid at that show too but I do remember it was pretty awesome. He dove into the crowd during Lay your Hands on me and we passed him around for 15 minutes. Then during Shock the Monkey, he spent the whole song swinging on a giant set made out of monkey bars. Very Strange. Very cool.

ac/dc puts on a hell of show. just like neil young (well, at least when he's playing with crazy horse). you get your moneys worth when you go see those guys.

Never been disappointed in any of their shows. Just a great night all round.

And they are in studio in Vancity as we speak! Woohoo

I'm not suggesting that Mettalica was better in '04 than they were in '90, because i was only 5 when they were touring in 1990, but i have to say taht The '04 tour with Godsmack and Metallica was an Aamazing show inside HSBC Arena.

Our Lady Peace put on a good show when they want to, and I also enjoy the energetic and very alternative Incubus; they put on a great show.

Never had the chance to get to an AC/DC show, although i would imagine it is well worht it. The concert I wish i could have seen fit into my schedule is definetly Foo Fighters...i hear great things about their shows.

I've seen Metallica 4 times- 91' at the Aud, 92' Rich Stadium, 94' Darien w/Danzig & Suicidal Tendencies (great show) at Darien Lake & 98' w/Jerry Cantrell & Days of the New at Darien Lake (another great show, except my girlfriend-now wife, got a bad concussion at the show).

I only saw AC/DC once in May 91' at the Aud, they put on a good show.

I saw Neil Young, Pearl Jam & Soundgarden in 93' in Toronto (at the CNE), it was a great show.

I forgot to add Ozzfest 99' at the Nissan Pavillion in Manassas, VA, there were a ton of good bands on there. Black Sabbath, Rob Zombie, Slayer, Fear Factory, Primus, Godsmack, Static-X are the main ones that I liked.

Eric Clapton at HSBC

Been there, done that, and loved every minute of it! Clapton is and always has been my favorite artist ... he is god, after all.

I've seen Metallica 4 times- 91' at the Aud, 92' Rich Stadium

Was that the Guns N' Roses, Metallica, Faith No More tour? If so, I was there, too. Great show!

I also saw the original Horde Tour in 1992 (Blues Traveler, Phish, Spin Doctors, Widespread Panic and the Aquarium Rescue unit.) It was a small stage and we were right up front. The Tour blew up after that and, while we went to a few more, it was never quite the same.

Saw Billy Joel last year at HSBC. Great show (as his always are; thus, why his "number", 12 for 12 straight sellout shows, was put to the rafters in MSG) and Orange County Choppers (from American Chopper) presented his new bike to him during it.

Archived