top 5 sabre players ever!

sabreman

I can't do it. Do I leave out Ramsey to make room for Mogilny? Choose between Martin and Andreychuk? LaFontaine and Schony?

Tell you what, I can give my top two:

1. Hasek

1A. Perreault.

For me it's

1. Dom

2. Gilbert

3. Patty

and then a great jumbled mess with Gare, Schoeny, and the 2 Rams(a/e)y's heading the rest of the bunch. But guys like Hawerchuk and Drury need to be thought of as well. And a whole bunch of others deserving mention. So I'm stopping at top 3.

Perreault

Hasek

are 1 and 2... but from there it depends on your criteria for "greatest" sabre of all time is... does the majority of their greatness have to had been played in a Sabre uniform? does years of service count? community guy? all 3 and more or just stats?

everyone will have a different opinion on the rest. I may have to pick Mike Ramsey, LaFontaine and Dave Andreychuk... but Craig Ramsay is in there too for my criteria... along with Gare and Shoney. Tough call

Depending on some peoples criteria I'm sure you could make a case for Barrasso, Hawerchuck, Mogilny and a few others

all I know is I love the Blue & Gold!!! can't wait for the playoffs!!!

Obviously I'm not old enough to know some of the guys mentioned in this thread, but my top are as follows (in no particular order):

Gil Perrault

Pat LaFontaine

Dominik Hasek

are the top three... but some notables;

Brad May (loved him)

Danny Briere (don't know if he belongs, but he's sort of become the face of the team)

Morris Titanic (Short career in the NHL but I see him at the Alumni game in Olean every year. Nice guy.)

Andreychuk

Holzinger (What ever happened to him?)

and I have to mention Afinogenov because he's been my favorite since Hasek left.

Archived