Gaustad out for the season, Spacek out Indefinitely...Here we go again

matter2003

Gaustad out with a sliced tendon the rest of the year

Spacek out with a broken hand(minimum 4-6 weeks I would image---probably longer)

Here come the hockey god's rising up to ensure Buffalo won't be able to win the cup again...

Ughhhh....at least it didn't happen in the playofsf...yet :censored:

I watched the replay MSG showed, and it was Goose's own skate that cut him. He tangled with the Sens' defenseman, and his own right skate came across the inside of his left foot. That's a shame. I'm gonna miss ya, Goose!

thanks - that is what i saw too...

For anyone who's been following Spacek before he came to the Sabres: did he always have this problem of getting snakebitten every time we turned around, or has it become more frequent since he came over to the Blue and Gold? <_<

While Goose isn't normally on the first line, he's been a quality contributor. He will definitely be missed -- especially in the playoffs. Darcy has already said that Goose is going on LTIR like Connolly.

However, it does sound promising that Timmy's going to be back soon. We're just not sure if it's going to be in time for the playoffs.

Gaustad out with a sliced tendon the rest of the year

Spacek out with a broken hand(minimum 4-6 weeks I would image---probably longer)

Here come the hockey god's rising up to ensure Buffalo won't be able to win the cup again...

Ughhhh....at least it didn't happen in the playofsf...yet :censored:

Look at the bright side - this time it's happening in plenty of time for them to make any moves to address it, if they so desire.

Look at the bright side - this time it's happening in plenty of time for them to make any moves to address it, if they so desire.

So what does this mean for the cap? Do the Sabres get to spend up to the amount of his remaining salary for the season (which I imagine isn't much)? Can we actually go out and find someone to replace him?

Jay McKee gets a staph infection from a simple cut

Gaustad severs a tendon in his leg with his own skate

Whats next? Briere breaking an arm by running into Sabretooth during pregame warmups?

You just shut the :censored: up right now!!! That's almost as bad as predicting a shutout!!!

:lol: :lol:

So what does this mean for the cap? Do the Sabres get to spend up to the amount of his remaining salary for the season (which I imagine isn't much)? Can we actually go out and find someone to replace him?

yeah, except goose's cap hit is only like 700k, so it really isnt much. hes becoming more valuable in his absence than many may think. 700k for a bruiser that can score and skate? i dont think we can find that anywhere...

yeah, except goose's cap hit is only like 700k, so it really isnt much. hes becoming more valuable in his absence than many may think. 700k for a bruiser that can score and skate? i dont think we can find that anywhere...

If and when Connolly comes back, Gaustad's cap relief will be enough to keep Paille up with the big club for the rest of the year.

If and when Connolly comes back, Gaustad's cap relief will be enough to keep Paille up with the big club for the rest of the year.

right. but i was talking more about how that little cap money is not enough to use it to find a replacement via trade or FA. the best chance is for someone to play big now, like paille or novotny, to replace what the goose offered.

I think Gaustad being out for the season will dictate that Darcy brings in a grinding forward for the 4th line. Big loss, as not only does Gaustad provide size & grit, he seems to be a developing leader.

Hopefully Spacek will be back before the playoffs, I'd really like to see Teppo get a few games off here and there during the stretch run.

Archived