Okay then, let's list 'em

wjag

I like

Hockey - Sabres, Oilers, Calgary

Football - Bills, Raiders (when their good)

College Roundball - Georgetown, Syracuse

College Football - Nebraska, Florida State

Baseball - Toronto, Atlanta

Professional Basketball - None

NASCAR - Jeff Gordon

Golf - Tiger Woods

Teams I HATE, HATE, HATE: Dolphins, Ravens

I don't think I'll ever get rooting for more than one team per sport. Just not my style. Passion runs too deep.

Georgetown & Syracuse? :blink:

Hockey - Sabres

Football - Bills

College Roundball - Syracuse

College Football - Syracuse

Baseball - Red Sox

Professional Basketball - Denver Nuggets

NASCAR - Anyone but Tony Stewart (but I really don't follow it)

Golf - Anyone but Tiger Woods

I like

Hockey - Sabres

Football - Bills, Packers and Broncos

College Roundball - pittsburgh

College Football - Boise State (got to love the smurg turf)

Baseball - Buffalo Bisons

Professional Basketball - None (I would maybe have one if they just once called traveling)

NASCAR - I route for the guy that goes against the grain and makes a right turn

Golf - Tiger Woods

Teams I HATE, HATE, HATE: Dolphins, Patriots

Hockey- Sabres...in the playoffs if the Sabres are out of it, I'll pull for any Canadian team left, unless it's Toronto...but let's face it, that'll never happen

Football - Bills, Bears

Baseball - Braves, Cubs, Red Sox

NCAA Football - Notre Dame, Michigan (though I always root for the Irish when they play each other)

NCAA B-Ball - Valparaiso, Michigan

NBA - hahahaha

NASCAR - Ricky Bobby

Teams I hate - Maple Leafs, Senators, Patriots, Cowboys, Yankees

The Buffalo Sabres, and really that's it. I try and follow the Bills, but football is all commercials to me. Funny thing about me is, I enjoy the football off season moves. I like watching who they draft and free agency, but when the games on I usually drift off to do something else.

The obvious Buffalo teams. I lean more towards hockey over the past five or six years as the NFL has had a bit of a "WWF" feeling to me. Much too commercialized, for example...

"It's fourth and two, here's Losman in the shotgun brought to you by Coca-Cola. Here's the Miller Light snap. He's back to Zoloft. WOW! Did you see that play Murph? He 2007 Toyota Tundra'd that thing right through that Ford Tough defense and into the arms of Lee Evans! All rights reserved."

It's got nothing to do with the fact that the Bills have sucked. It's the league in general.

Not a big NCAA/Golf/NASCAR guy. Baseball? If there's nothing else on I guess I'll watch, no real favorite. I dislike Patriots, Hurricanes, Stars, Falcons, Thrashers. The latter two because I live in Atlanta and don't care much to hear the other team's coverage all the time when there are so many residents apathetic to both teams.

-Jeff

I like

Hockey - Sabres

Football - Bills

College Roundball - Villanova

College Football - Notre Dame

Baseball - Not a big baseball fan, but I chose Baltimore just to avoid being called a Yankees band wagoner. :P

Professional Basketball - Don't watch.

NASCAR - Don't watch. Dad is a big Jeff G. fan though.

Golf - Don't watch.

Teams I HATE, HATE, HATE: Philadelphia Flyers, USC Trojans(NCAA football), Dolphins/Seahawks/Chargers.

NHL: Buffalo Sabres, Vancouver Canucks

NFL: Buffalo Bills

MLB: Cleveland Indians, Chicago Cubs

NASCAR: Rarely follow, Dale, Jr.

NBA: Only watch in playoffs, Cleveland Cavaliers

College football: University of South Carolina Gamecocks; in Div I-AA Princeton Tigers (Ivy League champs this year!)

College basketball: Only games I watch are during the "March Madness", I usually cheer for the underdog.

Golf: Another sport I rarely watch, but I pull for Tiger.

The obvious Buffalo teams. I lean more towards hockey over the past five or six years as the NFL has had a bit of a "WWF" feeling to me. Much too commercialized, for example...

"It's fourth and two, here's Losman in the shotgun brought to you by Coca-Cola. Here's the Miller Light snap. He's back to Zoloft. WOW! Did you see that play Murph? He 2007 Toyota Tundra'd that thing right through that Ford Tough defense and into the arms of Lee Evans! All rights reserved."

:D :D :D That was great!

I have rules for liking teams that aren't buffalo related...

1.) they must be in the opposite conference..

2.) They're winning must in no way do anything bad to a buffalo team.

NHL: Buffalo Sabres

AHL: Rochester Americans

NFL: Buffalo Bills

NBA: LA Clippers

MLB: Cleveland Indians

College (all sports): THE Florida State Seminoles

Florida State doesn't have a hockey team so

NCAA hockey: RPI and Niagara University

Other teams I like..

NHL: Oilers

MLB: none.

NBA: none.

NCAA: none.

NFL: Green Bay

Teams I hate:

Florida Gators, Miami Dolphins, Philadelphia (all), Miami Hurricanes, New York Yankees, Dallas (all). Detroit Red Wings, Tampa Bay (all), LA Lakers

teams I respect but don't like:

Toronto Maple Leafs, Boston Bruins, Montreal Canadiens, Vancouver Canucks, New York Rangers, Carolina Hurricanes, Minnesota Vikings, Florida Panthers, the Dodgers, Pittsburgh Pirates, Denver Nuggets, Chicago (all), Anaheim No longer Mighty Ducks. Tennessee titans, Seattle Seahawks.

I don't think I'll ever get rooting for more than one team per sport. Just not my style. Passion runs too deep.

Georgetown & Syracuse? :blink:

Hockey - Sabres

Football - Bills

College Roundball - Syracuse

College Football - Syracuse

Baseball - Red Sox

Professional Basketball - Denver Nuggets

NASCAR - Anyone but Tony Stewart (but I really don't follow it)

Golf - Anyone but Tiger Woods

I agree with you on everything except for the Red Sox. Can't stand em. I gotta go with the Twins there. I also can't stand Tony Stewart, I Like Kenseth for NASCAR and "Lefty" Mickelson for PGA.

WSOP, I'll take Phil Helmuth. Love his attitude.

Do I need to mention that

I HATE ALL BANDWAGON TEAMS

You know: Yankees, Cowboys, Notre Dame...

Any winner can be a bandwagon team, my friend. Even our beloved Bills were a bandwagon team for some in the Super Bowl years. And the Sox certainly were after their title. I must have seen a 5000% increase in Sox hats here in NYC after they won.

Any winner can be a bandwagon team, my friend. Even our beloved Bills were a bandwagon team for some in the Super Bowl years. And the Sox certainly were after their title. I must have seen a 5000% increase in Sox hats here in NYC after they won.

Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that every Camaro driving, gold chain wearing loser from Rochester had a giant decal on his rear window from one or all of the aforementioned teams.

hockey- SABRES

football- BILLS

coll.football- Buffaloes, USC

baseball- YANKEES, Bisons

basketball- Knicks

locrosse- BANDITS

nascar- Clint Bowyer, Jr.

Golf- with beers and a good cigar

bowl- lots of beers

rodeo- bull riders

pool- beers and loud music

hunting- with NUGENT

HATE- SQUISHtheFISH!, Boston Patriots, RedSux and Bruins

Any team that's playing my team, and bandwagon and fairweather fans.

:worthy: WNY Sports

Hockey - Sabres, Red Wings

Football - Bills, Cowboys

College - Don't really root for college sports at all

Baseball - Rangers, Dodgers

Professional Basketball - Mavs

Now, the explanations: Grew up in Cheektowaga, so that's all the Buffalo teams. Lived in L.A. in the 80s and the Dodgers were the first baseball time I followed with any regularity... but I don't really follow them anymore.

I live in Fort Worth, a stone's throw from Dallas. I've dutifully hated the Cowboys for many years, but the current group shares almost nothing with the teams that beat the Bills in the Superbowl. I have to admit that, to my surprise, I was pulling for them in the playoffs this year and when Romo fumbled the snap on the field goal attempt, I was in agony. So I guess.... no, I won't say it. Bills #1 by a longshot though.

I lived in Detroit through the 90s and watched a mediocre Original Six team grow into Cup winners. Even though there's been a lot of turnover, I still like the team, almost as much as the Sabres.

I'm not much of a basketball or baseball fan, but I kind of favor the local teams (Mavs & Rangers). I think the Mavs should get a championship; they've been hanging around "almost good enough" for a long time, and one of these years, I think they will break through.

Great off topic thread!

I love this kind of stuff.

Hockey- Sabres

Football- New Orleans Saints

Baseball- Atlanta Braves

College Football/Basketball/Baseball- LSU

Basketball- Not a huge fan, but I live in Austin TX., between Dallas and San Antonio, so I am becoming more interested. Mavs have been particularly good as of late.

Love some english premier league and international soccer too. Boo for the MLS.

Obviously I was born and bred in the deep south. You guys should be proud that Buffalo is my lone northern team. LOVE EM!

GEAUX SABRES!

hockey - SABRES

football - bills

baseball - red sox

college hoops - syracuse

college football - syracuse, michigan

nba basketball - havent watched it in three years ???

preimier league soccer - chelsea

I hate the dolphins and patriots in the nfl, the leafs, canes and philly in hockey, and the yankees in baseball

Archived