Sabres vs. Kings (01/14)

PTS

well, after two periods, its 8-1... everyone under the sun has scored for the sabres. short Handed, on the powerplay, even strength. lindy is testing out new pp lines. this game is really out of hand and a complete ass whooping domination by the sabres. However, if i were a kings fan, i'd be pissed off. this team has laid down about as badly as the flyers did during their 0-8 game in the playoffs against the sabres. If i were lindy, i'd compile a dvd of this game and the senators games for some motivation.

10-1 final

great game. I was quite impressed with the 3rd period. They didn't go into a shell and allow the kings to score some soft goals. They played hard and strong and came out with another few goals. I haven't seen domination like that since that game 6 against the flyers. I'd say that the confidence is back. Go sabres on this road trip.

9-1 pominville with a hat trick!!!

edit: it took me 3 goals to get JP's name correct.

I think we might have seen why Lindy chose to use Pominville in the shootout the other night...

Tough road trip coming up but the games are spread out over two weeks. Let's go Sabes!

By the way, anyone notice the way the whole team came back out after the "3 Stars" announcement? I thought that was a pretty cool move by the players and shows how much they appreciate having an energized arena.

i didnt notice that but im glad to hear it..this is a TEAM..great momentum/statement game heading on the road..keep it up boys :D

By the way, anyone notice the way the whole team came back out after the "3 Stars" announcement? I thought that was a pretty cool move by the players and shows how much they appreciate having an energized arena.

That was terrific.

two things that really spoke of what this team has right now. Hecht was not going for the hat trick at first and only scored after trying to pass across the crease (highly unslefish) and Novotny fit in so well by giving it to Paille on the 2 - 1 !

Max finding Pominville was a great pass as well.

Bigger then the 10 goals was that it happened in front of a packed house.

They have a tough road trip but it's not imposible. 4-2 is not out of the realm of possibility.

I suggest getting your tickets soon if you plan to go to any games. A solid road trip and the Feb 2nd game against Philly will be a mad house. I'm going to be scrambling to get the day off so I can get to the game.

Peace :)

Its been awhile since the Sabres scored 10 goals........Does anyone know when the last time was?

Feb. 24, 1993 v. Detroit.

Last time two Sabres scored 3 apiece: Dec. 31, 2003 v. Washington (Afinogenov and Satan).

Last natural hat trick: Dec. 4, 2002 v. Anaheim (Curtis Brown).

Last rookie hat trick: Dec. 1, 1993 at Tampa Bay (Derek Plante).

The last bit of information took some figuring, but I think it's correct.

Good work, Eleven. An odd footnote is that Curtis Brown's hat trick was the 10th hat trick in a row by a Sabre that was a natural hat trick. I almost doubt the media guide on that one. It's a pretty rare feat, happening only about a dozen times or so in the first 25 or so years of franchise history -- then 10 times in six years? Maybe paradoxically, in a defensive era, natural hat tricks are more common. The guide also indicates that through the 2001-02 season, no opponent had ever scored a natural hat trick against the Sabres. Weird.

Good work, Eleven. An odd footnote is that Curtis Brown's hat trick was the 10th hat trick in a row by a Sabre that was a natural hat trick. I almost doubt the media guide on that one. It's a pretty rare feat, happening only about a dozen times or so in the first 25 or so years of franchise history -- then 10 times in six years? Maybe paradoxically, in a defensive era, natural hat tricks are more common. The guide also indicates that through the 2001-02 season, no opponent had ever scored a natural hat trick against the Sabres. Weird.

Not sure where you saw that, but I know for a fact it is not correct. When Gretzky broke Espo's season goal scoring record (and Hull's by the way) on 2/24/82, he scored a natural AFTER Gilbert scored a natural to tie the game at 3. Oilers ended up winning the game 6-3.

Perreault's trick wasn't a natural. You are right about Gretzky though. The Sabres Media Guide marks Sabre hat tricks that are natural with a pound sign, but there are no such marks for opponents' hat tricks. I didn't think it was possible there had been none scored on the Sabres. Thanks for the info.

i'm going to the sabres vs. canes game on 2/12 in raleigh.  Should be a good time.  The last game i went to in the rbc center, there was a huge ice storm.  The only fans who showed up were about 6000 buffalo born transplanted sabres fans.  great atmosphere.

I'll be there as well. Did you get tickets yet? I'm wondering if I should wait til before the game and get my college discount or if I should just pony up the cash and get it ahead of time.

Congrats to the Sabres. 7 even strength goals is a healthy boost to the plus/minus numbers of many Sabres.

Novotny likes to throw the body around. It will be interesting to see how he fares on the western swing.

Miller was great last night. Despite it not being a close game score wise, he made some quality saves over the first two periods.

Nice way to close out the homestand. 3-2-1 isn't what I expected when it began, but hopefully this will be a kickstart for the road trip.

I was thinking before the game that the Sabres need the vets to step up last night and they did...Drury 4 points, Hecht 4 points, Grier 3 points, Connolly 3 points, Kotalik 3 points and McKee even got a goal.

The only negative...I taped the game on my Adelphia DVR and the box died after two periods. :angry:

I'll be there as well. Did you get tickets yet? I'm wondering if I should wait til before the game and get my college discount or if I should just pony up the cash and get it ahead of time.

my dad ordered them off of the internet for a late christmas present... I believe i'll be sitting in section 228. We'll meet up and cheer on our team