Sabres vs. Kings (01/14)

PTS

A hot LA Kings team comes into town. Buffalo needs this game bad! To make matters worse, Vanek has some foot problems and might miss this game, although I'd argue he wasn't even at the last game. Chris Thorburn has been called up again.

Lets Go AmerkSabres!

The Sabres in recent years have played very well against LA. LA also has had a tendency to find itself in the box ~1 more time per game than the Sabres and their penalty killing is an attrocious 77.5% on the road. These, combined with LA possibly taking the Sabres lightly considering the Kings 6-0 thrashing of the B's and Buffalo's tough loss on Thursday to a team LA killed about a week ago, are setting up for a good opportunity for the Sabres to get a win tonight.

I expect to see Ryan in goal tonight and the Sabres to put forth a better effort than it sounded like they put forth against the Desert Dogs. I haven't heard whether Demitra is playing tonight, but he did miss their last 3 games. Garon is a bit of a wild card as he has 2 shutouts in his last 4 games but gave up 6 goals to Anaheim 2 games ago.

I suppose Peters will be in the lineup because of LA's goon(Avery). Just what the Sabres need when in a goal scoring slump. <_<

If Peters does dress, and if the rumors on this board are true, I hope he enjoys it. NHL begins drug testing tomorrow.

5-1 right now. There wasn't much Miller could do, it was a 2-1.

the only thing Miller could have done there is not have Kalinin on the ice...

my 1st period observations

- just as "low" as some people thought we were the past few weeks, we can not consider this a "high"

- back to Kalinin, when you are last guy back like that, you HAVE to make sure the puck gets through. he shot it right in to the legs of a King defender. i'm tired of waiting for this guy to come around

- somebody, hopefully Peters, better give Avery what he deserves for taking swipes at Miller like he did

the only thing Miller could have done there is not have Kalinin on the ice...

my 1st period observations

- just as "low" as some people thought we were the past few weeks, we can not consider this a "high"

- back to Kalinin, when you are last guy back like that, you HAVE to make sure the puck gets through. he shot it right in to the legs of a King defender. i'm tired of waiting for this guy to come around

- somebody, hopefully Peters, better give Avery what he deserves for taking swipes at Miller like he did

Nice way to start a road trip though.