New Sabres Fan.

X. Benedict

Thanks.

You are going to laugh my story. During the run last spring I was watching the Sabres and explained to my newly pregnant wife I wanted to name him Daniel after my favorite player Daniel Briere. That name stuck for 8 months until the Christmas season. My wife suggested Nicholas, after jolly old Saint Nick. It's a cool name, but someday I was looking forward to telling him about the 05-06 season and naming him after my favorite player. As most of you men know - if Momma ain't happy - noboby is happy. He will join his two older brothers (3 and 2) at home tomorrow.

I'm still with him at the hospital hooked up to the wifi trying to follow the score of the game. My wife thinks I'm online shopping (SHHHHH!)

Merry Christmas to everyone and GO SABRES!

X - I'm waiting for a visit. South Carolina is nice this time of year.

Thanks.

You are going to laugh my story. During the run last spring I was watching the Sabres and explained to my newly pregnant wife I wanted to name him Daniel after my favorite player Daniel Briere. That name stuck for 8 months until the Christmas season. My wife suggested Nicholas, after jolly old Saint Nick. It's a cool name, but someday I was looking forward to telling him about the 05-06 season and naming him after my favorite player. As most of you men know - if Momma ain't happy - noboby is happy. He will join his two older brothers (3 and 2) at home tomorrow.

I'm still with him at the hospital hooked up to the wifi trying to follow the score of the game. My wife thinks I'm online shopping (SHHHHH!)

Merry Christmas to everyone and GO SABRES!

X - I'm waiting for a visit. South Carolina is nice this time of year.

Congrats, SC.

Sounds like everyone's healthy - cool.

Sorry about the name. It could have been worse, she could have wanted to name him Noel or after your buddy X. ;)

Thanks.

He will join his two older brothers (3 and 2) at home tomorrow.

3 in four years.. That's my definition of courage. Two more and you'll have a hockey team if you play goalie..

Congratulations...

Congrats, SC. My wife is expecting our first, with a due date in mid-march - so I'll be able to introduce him to playoff hockey.

Wolf -

Let me give you some free advice from a crusty old man. Make sure you are in the room when she delivers. It is the single most amazing thing you'll witness. If you have trouble believing in God - this will do the trick.

Thanks again for the well wishes everyone.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from under the Maxon Dixon line. I pedge my boys will NOT grow up to root for the Hurricanes. :nana:

And :censored: you Scott Nichol!

Wolf -

Let me give you some free advice from a crusty old man. Make sure you are in the room when she delivers. It is the single most amazing thing you'll witness. If you have trouble believing in God - this will do the trick.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from under the Maxon Dixon line. I pedge my boys will NOT grow up to root for the Hurricanes. :nana:

What an awesome Christmas gift for your family. Congratulations!

My son will be two on New Years eve, he is quite a handful on his own so I can't imagine having three boys all 3 and under. Wow. :worthy:

Wolf -

Thanks for the advice. I don't think I really have a say in the matter - the Mrs. says I am going to be in the room when it happens. I would probably have chosen to be there anyway, but thankfully she is around to make the decisions for me... :w00t:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived