Numinen Potential Broken Big Toe?

matter2003

Anyone heard about Numinnen's potential broken big toe? Apparently he blocked a shot with his toe in the Florida game and they were taking X-rays---

Paul Hamilton reported that in talking to Lindy he said "It doesn't look good" in regards to Numinnen's status...any updates at all out there?

Anyone heard about Numinnen's potential broken big toe? Apparently he blocked a shot with his toe in the Florida game and they were taking X-rays---

Paul Hamilton reported that in talking to Lindy he said "It doesn't look good" in regards to Numinnen's status...any updates at all out there?

Oh piss! :angry:

You never cease to amaze me.

Thank you. You can refer to me as Grace from now on.

I know it's somewhat of a grudge match between us, which is fun, but honestly, hopeles, aren't you getting a little weary of these ridiculous injuries? A big toe boo boo?!

Dressing only 5 defensemen with one rookie already in the lineup (Paetsch) is asking for trouble, IMO.

I don't know why we didn't go out and get four or five NHL-ready defensemen and put them in Rochester, just for depth - didn't we learn our lesson in last year's ECF? :doh:

If Numminen is out, who do the Sabres bring up? Maybe Sekera, Card, or Funk. I wouldn't want to see them only dress 5 defensemen tonight.

Sekera was recalled this morning. Paille was sent down meaning Drury is most-likely ready to go.

Maybe it's a blessing in that it might get us thinking about Life After Numminen a little ahead of schedule. Teppo sure hasn't played like the Teppo of old this season, more like Old Teppo. I bet he's had more turnovers already this season than all of last season. On that one empty net goal we gave up, he looked really slow trying to catch up to the puck. Relying on Numminen through June is a scary thought, at his age, and with the injuries and the heart condition he had earlier in the year. So maybe this forces us to take a good look at Sekera, and if Lindy's afraid to play him, like he was afraid to play Card and Funk, then we have to swing a trade for a defenseman.

Maybe it's a blessing in that it might get us thinking about Life After Numminen a little ahead of schedule. Teppo sure hasn't played like the Teppo of old this season, more like Old Teppo. I bet he's had more turnovers already this season than all of last season. On that one empty net goal we gave up, he looked really slow trying to catch up to the puck. Relying on Numminen through June is a scary thought, at his age, and with the injuries and the heart condition he had earlier in the year. So maybe this forces us to take a good look at Sekera, and if Lindy's afraid to play him, like he was afraid to play Card and Funk, then we have to swing a trade for a defenseman.

I'm so sick of Lindy calling up funk or card and then playing them 2 shifts. If you're dressing them, play them regularly. The only guy who should have limited ice time is peters. You have to play the 6 defensemen and rotate them relatively evenly in order to play well throughout the game. Sure, its great and all that campbell gets almost 30 minutes a game, but in may, we'll all see that maybe riding him hard was a bad idea. I'm all for calling guys up from rochester, and i'm comfortable sitting regulars, however you must play those guys!

Dressing only 5 defensemen with one rookie already in the lineup (Paetsch) is asking for trouble, IMO.

I don't know why we didn't go out and get four or five NHL-ready defensemen and put them in Rochester, just for depth - didn't we learn our lesson in last year's ECF? :doh:

I would love to have NHL ready D-men in Ra-cha-cha, but don't see how the Sabres get them there (NHL ready guys want to be in the NHL and could probably get there with 1 of 30 teams, and they'd have to clear waivers to go down and possibly to go back up again, so they can't bring in FA's).

The Sabres are trying to restock the Amerks w/ guys who WILL be ready to be NHLers, but I don't think that it's easy to bring a nearly NHL level guy into the organization from outside, especially when you have no NHL slots open to them.

Teams probably won't trade them away unless it is in a trade like the Drury trade (where Ballard was shipped out) because if the player is close to the NHL and doesn't have waiver issues, the other team is going to put a premium on that player's value.

Nevermind. I just caught the :doh: smiley. :doh:

I don't think Teppo has looked that bad - he has looked slow in some instances, but I don't know if I'd call him out for not catching that empty-net goal; IIRC, he first tried to keep the puck in then had to backtrack and try to catch up. Methinks that most of the Sabres' defensemen wouldn't have caught up, either. Campbell probably, maybe (and I stress maybe) Lydman and Kalinin might have had a shot.

As for Teppo not looking like the Teppo of old - I don't think that's a shock to anyone. He's what, 38? Over the last few weeks, when Tallinder and then Lydman went down, Teppo saw his ice time increase and he is probably getting a lot more minutes than the Sabres would like him to get. I am hoping that when Tallinder is back and the D corps is healthy, that Lindy is able to give Teppo a couple nights off to refresh the legs.

I do agree that if he calls someone up, then he needs to throw him into the fire - let the youngster play more than 2 or 3 shifts. If Lindy isn't comfortable doing that, then maybe PA is right, its time to look at swinging a deal for a veteran defenseman for depth.

Teppo is great when he is just one of 6 defensemen out there. However, when the ice time starts to get lopsided, Teppo doesn't look as great. Plus, overplaying him is one surefire way to wear him out.

Archived