What team do you hate the most?

DR HOLLIDAY

1) Flyers--We actually have a very up and very down playoff history with them.

2) Toronto--I hate their fans and darcy tucker. other than that not much to hate, we OWN them. They get the #2 because of proximity.

3) Boston--I'm still not over the fact that they owned us in the 80's and early 90's.

4) Carolina--hey, its recent history, but that's an explosive rivalry if we meet again in the playoffs...

Prior to last season, it would have looked like this:

1. Flyers - Always looked at them as the bullies they wanted to be; IMO, any win over the Flyers was a big deal

2. Leafs - The NHL's version of the Yankees; arrogant, crying, classless punks who think the hockey universe revolves around them. Haven't made it to the SCF since Original Six expansion, but it doesn't matter to them, their fans or their media.

3. Stars - They have something of ours, thanks to the sack-less NHL officials...

4. Caps - still haven't gotten over watching them skate the EC championship trophy on our ice... :angry:

5. Everyone else...

Now it's more like this:

1. Canes - Took a giant leap toward being the Leafs of the South. Whine about everything and anything, accuse the Sabres of being divers when they apparently brought in Greg Louganis as an assistant coach. Bandwagon-jumping, mean, nasty fans; team must have sacrificed someone to the hockey gods to get all the breaks they got in the postseason last year. Bad experiences at Game 5 left a bad taste in my mouth about that team.

2a2b - Flyers/Leafs - See above; moved down b/c they are pretty pathetic now

3. Stars - See original reason

4. Caps - See original reason (I don't let grudges like that go easily... ;) )

And then everyone else...

Prior to last season, it would have looked like this:

1. Flyers - Always looked at them as the bullies they wanted to be; IMO, any win over the Flyers was a big deal

2. Leafs - The NHL's version of the Yankees; arrogant, crying, classless punks who think the hockey universe revolves around them. Haven't made it to the SCF since Original Six expansion, but it doesn't matter to them, their fans or their media.

3. Stars - They have something of ours, thanks to the sack-less NHL officials...

4. Caps - still haven't gotten over watching them skate the EC championship trophy on our ice... :angry:

5. Everyone else...

Now it's more like this:

1. Canes - Took a giant leap toward being the Leafs of the South. Whine about everything and anything, accuse the Sabres of being divers when they apparently brought in Greg Louganis as an assistant coach. Bandwagon-jumping, mean, nasty fans; team must have sacrificed someone to the hockey gods to get all the breaks they got in the postseason last year. Bad experiences at Game 5 left a bad taste in my mouth about that team.

2a2b - Flyers/Leafs - See above; moved down b/c they are pretty pathetic now

3. Stars - See original reason

4. Caps - See original reason (I don't let grudges like that go easily... ;) )

And then everyone else...

I'm sure he was a good influence in the locker room :ph34r: As Seinfeld put it, "not that there's anything wrong with that..."

Now it's more like this:

I Second that...I still have nightmares of Camel-faced old men and Ronald McDonald on skates

The Flyers. God I hate the Flyers.

Amen.

I absolutely DETEST The Cryers with at my hatred, all my love, all my anger, all my joy, with every FIBER of my BEING!!!

Oh, and the DivingCanes are second, and in both cases it's due to their positively moronic fans.

Philly takes it a little further though, seeing as everybody in that organisation is a flaming moron, from Ed Snider to the guy who used to scrape teeth off the ice when one of these cavemen would see fit to blindside someone with an elbow.

I say used to, because they're all just big and slow wimps these days, and how sweet it is.

Err... Other than that, I'm actually a very easy going and positive kinda guy :lol:

Now it's more like this:

I Second that...I still have nightmares of Camel-faced old men and Ronald McDonald on skates

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

IMHO, I try not to hate any of them. Even Dallas, in spite of the fact that they've never won the Cup fair and square (most of their front office has changed since 1999). As far as I'm concerned, they (along with the rest of us 6 billion people on the earth) will have to give an account to Almighty God for everything we've done. Even when a player goes down to injury from an opposing team, I cringe. I know that injuries are a fact of life in hockey, but it does not give me a license to gloat over someone else's misfortunes.

My comments may not necessarily fit the topic of this thread, but I hope that this will give my fellow Sabres fans pause to think.

flyers

montreal too I guess, just cuz it seems they always have the refs on their side (at least in the past...)

but glad to see I'm not delusional on hating the flyers, I was thinking it might be a local thing for me...

Leafs, still, the Leafs. Forgot how much I hate them until we played them again. 7 more times. I HATE them.... yes, hate them. They're ugly, they smell, and they're pathetic. Really, just look at them.... only 5 times since 1996.... gimme a break. Okay, really though. I plowed through some beers, it's early in the season, and they can still suck it. Plenty of time to get it together. I still hate the Leafs. Thats my rant and they can still suck it!

I still hate those damn Nordiques with those shifty Stasneys..

You can't say that man, Peter was awesome, plus back then when I really hated the Habs, the Nordiques had some wicked ass brawls against the Habs, some of the craziest stuff I have ever witnessed man............Would like to buy a history of the rivallary on DVD.......... :thumbsup:

You can't say that man, Peter was awesome, plus back then when I really hated the Habs, the Nordiques had some wicked ass brawls against the Habs, some of the craziest stuff I have ever witnessed man............Would like to buy a history of the rivallary on DVD.......... :thumbsup:

I loved going to the Nord-Sabres games. They were the most entertaining games I remember.

Goulet, Stasneys, Hunter. That was a fun rivalry. I miss it.

Archived