Janne Niinimaa says Sabres are going to lose on Monday

Goodfella25

Link is here

The Sabres are playing well right now," Niinimaa told reporters at Sunday's practice. "But they are going to lose a game, and it's going to be on Monday."

I hope we destroy them. Niinimaa is a nobody and he'll be eating his words

The Habs are a good team. I see nothing wrong with a player throwing a challenge to his teammates. I hope Jan is ready to play his best. He will look silly if he doesn't.

The Habs are a good team. I see nothing wrong with a player throwing a challenge to his teammates. I hope Jan is ready to play his best. He will look silly if he doesn't.

Agreed.

This team is no joke. It's going to be us and them down the stretch. There isn't a team in this conference that scares me as much as Les Habitants. Remember that they had the 2-0 on the Canes in Round 1 when Saku took a stick to the eye and they lost the rest in 1 goal decisions.

Kovalev is a Sabre killer. He always has been. I think that we'll step it up, but if there's a team that will knock us off, it's going to be these guys.

Guys, guys, guys ...

We're on top of the league. Everyone knows we should've won the Cup last year, and that outside of Anaheim, pretty much no one will be able to come close to beating us in a seven-game series this year.

So someone on another team talks a little bit before hand. Big #%^$#!ing deal. It's one game in 82, and it won't be the last time someone tries to put a notch on their belt by beating us. Kinda like we all preach to football players to "act like you've been there" when you score a TD, act like being on top of the league isn't anything new and quit responding to what other players say in such a childish manner. Scoreboard and standings trumps all.

I certainly don't care what other players say vis-a-vis our win streak, and neither should you. We're eventually going to lose a game, but given how some of you get all bent over what someone else says, I'm concerned for your safety for when that day finally comes.

Guys, guys, guys ...

We're on top of the league. Everyone knows we should've won the Cup last year, and that outside of Anaheim, pretty much no one will be able to come close to beating us in a seven-game series this year.

So someone on another team talks a little bit before hand. Big #%^$#!ing deal. It's one game in 82, and it won't be the last time someone tries to put a notch on their belt by beating us. Kinda like we all preach to football players to "act like you've been there" when you score a TD, act like being on top of the league isn't anything new and quit responding to what other players say in such a childish manner. Scoreboard and standings trumps all.

I certainly don't care what other players say vis-a-vis our win streak, and neither should you. We're eventually going to lose a game, but given how some of you get all bent over what someone else says, I'm concerned for your safety for when that day finally comes.

Umm ok thanks for weighing in with your amazing wisdom and for bringing me back down to earth, since I am over-reacting <_<

I simply put this up to stir the pot and add a little flavor to the game. Bulletin board material is good motivation so I can assure you that some people DO care what other players have to say.

I agree with everyone who said Montreal is a good team, because they are. I am nervous about this game too but in the end I just wanna see the Sabres dominate this team in front of their ignorant French canadian fans who have the audacity to boo the American national anthem. Lets see if that happens again tomorrow night.

I'm still waiting for a real slugfest where Peters, Gaustad and Mair can really show their value.

I keep waiting for Mair as well. Seems like he only gets to play in the first and part of the second. By the time the third rolls around, he's firmly on the bench.

Well I guess that settles that.

Watching the game, I got the sense it could have gone either way. That shot that clanged behind Miller off the crossbar... that goes in; if one or two other shots find their way home, we coulda been in overtime.

Instead we got the empty netter and the Sabre fans went home happy. But we were not clearly better than Montreal like we were against Philly or Boston. I think the better team won, but in this case, it wasn't by much.

He issued an ultimatum of sorts to his team; they didn't respond. When you're going against the league's best team, you try to find that edge... any edge... to get your team on top of their game.

Doohickie, I can understand looking for an edge against the hottest team in the league, but his approach was probably all wrong for the type of team they have. He probably should have challenged his teammates behind closed doors, in the pregame skate or whatever.

Like you said, the Habs were nearly as good as us for the first period or so, and had some runs where they gave us fits in our end. But Miller did for us what Huet didn't for them - he kept the puck out of the net when his team needed it. I think as much as Huet's soft goal damaged the Habs' confidence, the Sabres saw their opening and pounced, and all of the sudden it was 3-0. Good teams find ways to weather the storm and come out with wins, and that's what Buffalo did tonight.

Archived