whadya think of this banner?

SDS

I like it. I'd add a '39' at the end (it's inevitable, why not beat the rush), but other than that, I like it.

why is it impossible to find #11 in a white uniform??? :angry:

Simple, classy.

The right end could use something more intricate than a plain field, unless it's meant to fade into the same color background.

Maybe a proportionate, highlighted old logo. Perhaps a highlighted image of Fuhr in his ready stance to frame up the title against the other player.

The right end could use something more intricate than a plain field, unless it's meant to fade into the same color background.

Maybe a proportionate, highlighted old logo. Perhaps a highlighted image of Fuhr in his ready stance to frame up the title against the other player.

yes on the 1st point, but to be honest - I ran out of gas and I know that side is weak.... I tried playing with the numbers, but nothing looked right.

yes on the 1st point, but to be honest - I ran out of gas and I know that side is weak.... I tried playing with the numbers, but nothing looked right.

What about the B with the Sabre through it in the lower right hand corner? :huh:

Pretty sweet. One question: might it be possible to use an older photo of Bert without a helmet -- ie flying up ice with long hair flowing in the jetstream?

if you can find one in a white jersey....

The numbers are barely visible on my screen.

I wonder if you should wait until the new colors are unveiled, or is that based on the PMS color that was leaked?

Perreault... yeah, that's a bad pic of him. A lot of people might not even recognize him. Like a Britney Spears fan site using a photo of her today and not in 1999 or whenever she was hot. :) You need a more "iconic" image of Perreault as others suggested. But why is Perreault up there? It's not a history site, and as much as I love the guy and the old uniform and all that, this site is largely about today. A nod to history is nice, but I think one of those group celebrations after a playoff overtime goal, hopefully without any since-departed Sabres, would be a better image.

The numbers are barely visible on my screen.

I wonder if you should wait until the new colors are unveiled, or is that based on the PMS color that was leaked?

Perreault... yeah, that's a bad pic of him. A lot of people might not even recognize him. Like a Britney Spears fan site using a photo of her today and not in 1999 or whenever she was hot. :) You need a more "iconic" image of Perreault as others suggested. But why is Perreault up there? It's not a history site, and as much as I love the guy and the old uniform and all that, this site is largely about today. A nod to history is nice, but I think one of those group celebrations after a playoff overtime goal, hopefully without any since-departed Sabres, would be a better image.

It would be cool to have a historical timeline from left to right... Have the banner that blue color (or whatever the final blue color is that they choose for the new jersey) and then have 4 or 5 pictures from left to right with your pick of guys like perrault, martin, shony, ramsey, ruff, foligno, lafontaine, hasek, and a current guy like campbell or drury.

Or you can have a picture of cambell photoshopped knocking out chuck norris. That would be really sweet.

I do love the buffalo skyline and that blue color, however, i like incorporating the history or a team picture as opposed to perrault... Lets face facts... half of the people here have never seen gillbert play, let alone could identify him in a crowd.

It would be cool to have a historical timeline from left to right... Have the banner that blue color (or whatever the final blue color is that they choose for the new jersey) and then have 4 or 5 pictures from left to right with your pick of guys like perrault, martin, shony, ramsey, ruff, foligno, lafontaine, hasek, and a current guy like campbell or drury.

Or you can have a picture of cambell photoshopped knocking out chuck norris. That would be really sweet.

I do love the buffalo skyline and that blue color, however, i like incorporating the history or a team picture as opposed to perrault... Lets face facts... half of the people here have never seen gillbert play, let alone could identify him in a crowd.

Well, those people just need to go to a game to see who he is.

For every home win that came after "Elvis impersonator night", the Sabres ended the night with Bert on the Jumbotron serenading the crowd. :o

Lets face facts... half of the people here have never seen gillbert play, let alone could identify him in a crowd.

nor spell his 1st name correctly... ;)

1. I don't have any pictures from the 2003 finale and I can't find any on Google. So, until someone comes up with a Sabre in B & G then I'm stuck.

2. I've tried calibrating my monitor, but the new colors look like ass. Greenish-blue and orange is what I get on 2 seperate computers. The one I made is definitely blue, not the color that is off the leaked logo.

I'll make a few banners and share them... I did a few a while back for twobillsdrive just for fun some of you may have seen them, my name over there is MikeG

SDS, I have some pics with Bert in the white... I'll make a few and if you want the pics or want to use a varation of an idea I have you can...

That second one is sweet, however i do like the glowing city... As for bert in white, you know when you have something hidden in front of your eyes? Well, i do... go to my webshots picture:

http://community.webshots.com/album/552488706WnvEHa

Just a rough couple of pictures taken with my digital camera... If you want the originals, PM me and i'll e-mail you the files or take better pictures for photoshopping. I'm not good with photoshop so don't ask me to do that!

as for personal pictures, i do have those albums still up fromt he playoffs which feature me, dcsabres, promotherobot, and navybillsfan.

When I said fans, I didn't literally mean us! I meant fans -- random fans in the arena. Folks cheering.

I would rather have non-bashful people from the board - if they are dressed in Sabres gear and can provide nice crisp photos.

Archived