whadya think of this banner?

SDS

Oh, and I like how the right side of the banner stretches like SDS mentioned earlier. Right now on my monitor, it looks like El Crusho has a 10 foot wingspan.

then banner shouldn't stretch - only the blue space next to the banner.

then banner shouldn't stretch - only the blue space next to the banner.

You're right, it's not stretching, but for some reason, his left shoulder looks like it goes a good 2+ feet away from his neck. He looks like the shrunken head guy from Beetlejuice. Did you have to photoshop this one a bit too?

You're right, it's not stretching, but for some reason, his left shoulder looks like it goes a good 2+ feet away from his neck. He looks like the shrunken head guy from Beetlejuice. Did you have to photoshop this one a bit too?

:lol:

that's his elbow. He is pointing to the logo on his jersey.

dude... the truth doesn't hurt, but you saying it doesn't make it true either way. That is one of those things that can never be measured, never... everyteam says stuff like that. EVERYONE knows this... just like every player no matter what they truely think will say "we have the best fans in the world" in an interview... it's all just hype and opinion, and everyone deep down knows that it may not REALLY be true... it's just one of those things that doesn't need to be contridicted with your opinion.

It's just soooo annoying how you have to be SUPER objective on EVERY point, even the points that I think EVERYONE knows may be a little suspect. Leave it alone dude, sheesh.

Be objective when some moron says, "Peters should play at least 18:00 minutes a game because fighting will put people in the seats, and no one will mess with our stars if he's on the ice." or something like "I think we should retire Turgeon's number, he was my favorite player and he was way better than...." or if someone proposes some dumb trade... those are the times to show what a non-homer you are, not when a message board proclaims to have the "hardest cheering fans in hockey"

Plus, I like the fact that Scott used that on the banner... should make people WANT that to be true and cheer even more....

I wish we still lived in a time when you could challenge a man to a duel.

Dude, his point is you didn't have to say ANYTHING. He's not saying you have to AGREE with it, just say nothing. It's like you go out of your way to start stuff.

He does have a point PA...

I had just got done typing the phrase into photoshop when I said to myself that you would publicly say something contrary to it. If you are that predictable over something that petty....

Wow, you are a whiny little bitch, aren't you? Because I wouldn't drive two hours one way to meet you in some bar? Just say nothing, BTP? Sounds good to me. I'm outta here. I don't need the grief.

See, that's the difference between us. You think we're fightin' and I think we're finally talking. :lol:

I'm not really sure why you are connecting those dots... :unsure: I fail to see the connection. I looked up "BTP" and I'm uncertain what Books To Prisoners have to do with this either? :lol:

Regardless, you were the one who took the time out of your day to make note that Sabre fans might not live up to the slogan above. I'm not sure what the purpose was, but you did. I find it hard to believe that you don't understand why many wouldn't find that irksome. As for grief, you did make a point about having thicker skins to a previous poster not too long ago.

As for me, needling people is one of my irritating traits... ;)

Is this open to anyone to give a shot? :P

Is what open? Making a banner or submitting a photo?

We are open to any contributions, although I am a bit picky about banner design...

I also like the puckbunnies because in my feeble mind their breasts are touching...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OK, I think SDS and I have worked it out. When I threatened to go to sabrefans.com, things loosened up a bit. I will post here for one more season, then become a UFAP. Terms of the deal will not be disclosed, but they definitely do not involve SDS buying me dinner.

:) :) :)

OK, I think SDS and I have worked it out. When I threatened to go to sabrefans.com, things loosened up a bit. I will post here for one more season, then become a UFAP. Terms of the deal will not be disclosed, but they definitely do not involve SDS buying me dinner.

:) :) :)

But I thought you only cared about keeping this team together, and now your going to become a UFAP after next season?

Well, I want to be here, but I have to do what's best for my family. My wife doesn't really like this site -- not enough links to stores. She's always wanted to live in a .org site. So... yeah, my hands are tied pretty much.

By the way, apus, SDS wants to see you in his office.

That's a great concept. I like it. I've said it before -- there are some extremely talented people in our ranks. People putting together blogs, web sites, logos, jerseys, replica Cups, video and audio compilations, short stories (that's me!), etc. I wouldn't be surprised if someone wrote and sang a Sabres song one of these days!

just threw it together real quick. i donno, something to do.

http://www.cliffsclan.com/dump/tsr.gif

Our city, Our Team, Not our Logo.

Yeah man, El Crusho on the banner really scares the piss out of me. If I didn't actually speak with the guy twice during the playoffs, I would run for zee hills when I came to sabresreport.com. Even scarier, the guy looks more demonic WITHOUT the makeup. I've seen pictures! ;)

I have a few suggestions. Move on from the red/black. Here are a few pics you might want. The first two are good shots of Bert (the first to wear the B/G), and the third is of Pat LaFontaine (the last to wear B/G). I was never crazy about the old blue road jersey, but the one Lafontaine is wearing is a bit darker and looks pretty sharp.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k118/spe...75/f076b70b.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k118/spe...75/9aa0953a.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k118/spe...75/9b0b9fc5.jpg

All right, I resisted this temptation up until now, but repeated viewings of this screen has eroded my ability to hold fast.

Is there any way we can discover the source of the photograph that graces the left-hand portion of the Forums' banner?

Even if not -- nice job, Admins.

Archived