Re-Signing Alert: Henrik Tallinder

syr6987

Regier will be on WGR later in the hour, so hopefully he'll give a few more details on the contract (and just maybe about the logo if we're lucky, but I'm sure we're not).

weelll hey u let me kno wat he says cause i wont be listening

Let's also hope that Tallinder's legal issues and alleged felonious tendencies are behind him now..

Yeah, I missed that one as well. He seemed like such a peaceful Euro. Let's just hope he stays away from any more drug induced (allegedly) group sex for the remainder of his time in Buffalo.

Yeah, I missed that one as well. He seemed like such a peaceful Euro. Let's just hope he stays away from any more drug induced (allegedly) group sex for the remainder of his time in Buffalo.

or at least have an open invite to us TSR guys!

I love the fact that they have signed Tallinder for four years.

Now - I am somewhat surprised (and disappointed) that Briere actually went to arbitration instead of reaching a multi year deal at the eleventh hour. Hopefully one can be reached tonight, although I am even more pessimistic now that it appears management is focusing on next week and next months arbitration rather than on Danny who would have to be signed before noon tomorrow. Do I recall correctly that there were at least rumblings of locker room dissension between the Capt Drury and Capt Briere factions when Danny came back from surgery? If so, is this a possible reason Briere may simply want a good payday this year and out of Buffalo next? If I'm simply seeing a conspiracy behind every object for no reason tell me.

It's a 4-year deal - Darcy just confirmed on WGR

I could hear the pain in Regier's voice as he said "4-year deal", must have been tough for him. I'm glad though he finally realized the current reality of the free agent landscape and went with 4 years.

I love the fact that they have signed Tallinder for four years.

Now - I am somewhat surprised (and disappointed) that Briere actually went to arbitration instead of reaching a multi year deal at the eleventh hour. Hopefully one can be reached tonight, although I am even more pessimistic now that it appears management is focusing on next week and next months arbitration rather than on Danny who would have to be signed before noon tomorrow.

Why does everyone always put this on Darcy? Has anyone every thought that maybe Briere has no interest in signing a long term deal and wants to hit the market next year? This is the impression I'm getting from everything that's going on and I'm surprised that no one else has mentioned it yet.

Great signing. I thought Tallinder really came into his own as someone who can "lug" the puck out of his own end, play big minutes, excel at penalty killing and lining up against the oppositions top players.

One down...Tallinder; Three to go...Drury, Briere & Lydman.

Oh and by the way...

THE LOGO STILL SUCKS!! :P

Do I recall correctly that there were at least rumblings of locker room dissension between the Capt Drury and Capt Briere factions when Danny came back from surgery? If so, is this a possible reason Briere may simply want a good payday this year and out of Buffalo next? If I'm simply seeing a conspiracy behind every object for no reason tell me.

I don't recall this at all, but then again, I wasn't in the locker room at any point during the season. ;)

I don't recall this at all, but then again, I wasn't in the locker room at any point during the season. ;)

There was a kind of cryptic quote from Briere that was interpreted as his being concerned with some issues back near the 2nd losing skid. PA seemed to pay closer attention to that one than I did. Maybe he could comment on it.

I didn't interpret it as there was a Drury faction and a Briere faction. I thought it was more of a case of Briere sounding possibly concerned that some guy (or a couple of guys) might not be pulling his / their weight. As I mentioned, I didn't pay that close attention to the comment and the issue seemed to get dropped fairly quickly.

Briere has been on record often enough that he likes being a part of this team, that I don't see that as being any part of a conspiracy toward his wanting to leave. He also was instrumental in talking Teppo into accepting the Sabres' offer last season, so he has backed the talk with actions in the past.

In Darcy's interview today, he did mention that if they don't reach a deal before the Arbitrator's ruling that they will effectively have to wait until January to resume talks on a LT deal but implied that he will try to reach a LT deal with Danny at that time.

In Darcy's interview today, he did mention that if they don't reach a deal before the Arbitrator's ruling that they will effectively have to wait until January to resume talks on a LT deal but implied that he will try to reach a LT deal with Danny at that time.

I'm very glad about the tallinder signing, but it's hard for me to shake the gloomy feeling I've got that we're going to lose at least 2 of Danny, Max and Connolly after next year. The scorers just make too much GD money.

the big new reason for my gloom is that I just learned today what dave points out above -- ie we can't reopen negotiations with the guys who get arbitration awards until january. by that point, they will be only 4 -5 months away from UFA status and have huge dollar signs in their eyes. I just don't see us making offers big enough for them to take themselves off the market.

hopefully I'll be proven wrong but I think the numbers aren't going to show us any mercy. At least we should reasonably expect another good season next year with guys like that playing for a UFA payday.

Can someone convince me I'm wrong about this? please?

But doesn't that go against club policy of not talking contract during the season?

I like the idea of making an exception for Danny though.

Finnally, Darcy grew some balls and made a long term commitment! Is Darcy Married? Because it seems like he had a fear of cpmmiting before this deal.

But doesn't that go against club policy of not talking contract during the season?

I like the idea of making an exception for Danny though.

Finnally, Darcy grew some balls and made a long term commitment! Is Darcy Married? Because it seems like he had a fear of cpmmiting before this deal.

It would appear to.

Well this news takes a bit of the sting off of getting stuck here in Nashville for another night thanks to flights to Buffalo getting cancelled ...

Who knows, maybe this will be one more thing to show Briere they are trying to keep it together and nudge him to come on board. It can't hurt.

This is now THREE long-term deals for defensemen in the last month ... when will people be convinced that Regier is trying to keep it together but the players can just say NO because they want to hit the market? Some are acting like this is the first one he offered.

Anyway, I sure hope Tallinder pans out and doesn't regress into Smehlik Jr., because I have a bad feeling we will get whiplash from some of the people on this board changing direction and ripping Regier for getting locked into a bad deal and rewarding a guy who had one good year.

I'm not saying i think it will happen, I like him and I'm glad they locked him up, but there is risk and sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for ... I mean, we all asked for the blue and gold back and look what we got! ;)

Archived