Jay McKee

JCBoston

I wish PTS was around and could comment on the possibility the WGR site was hacked. That's PTS' gig. I just wonder about the "Jack McKee" typo. This has been a hot "rumor" on that OTHER message board, the one with a million posts a day, 999,990 of which are junk. Those morons have been going back and forth all day about who knew what and when. Someone even claims to know the neighbor of a girl who is a neighbor of Jay, or something, and is in the process of "texting" someone to find out if Jay can play. Good Lord, I give thanks for this message board!

Guys, the ONLY sites that say he's not playing are the WGR and WBEN websites... Hellooooo PTS!

We've all known about this for 7+ hours. Wouldn't it be all over the hockey and sports websites?

Does that sound fishy to anyone else?

Guys, the ONLY sites that say he's not playing are the WGR and WBEN websites... Hellooooo PTS!

We've all known about this for 7+ hours. Wouldn't it be all over the hockey and sports websites?

Does that sound fishy to anyone else?

Well, Howard Simon has been talking about it for the last 27 minutes. And all the updates are all about Mckee and the "sickness". I think it's real. :ph34r:

Well, Howard Simon has been talking about it for the last 27 minutes. And all the updates are all about Mckee and the "sickness". I think it's real. :ph34r:

Dude, I just said its only on WGR and WBEN's website. OF COURSE Howard Simon on WGR is talking about it!

Listen to these guys...theyre saying he's sick or whatever, but theyre too upbeat. This is .

Dude, I just said its only on WGR and WBEN's website. OF COURSE Howard Simon on WGR is talking about it!

Listen to these guys...theyre saying he's sick or whatever, but theyre too upbeat. This is .

We'll see. :ph34r:

I've got plenty of questions...

Did he get on the plane?

Did he get off the plane?

Did he go to a hospital?

Which hospital?

How come this hasn't been picked up by the AP or CP?

IF this is indeed true, why is the sabres PR guy announcing it?

If the above is true, where do we send the flowers?

Did he get his flu shot with bruce smith?

I can't remember where I heard it, but somewhere this morning I read or heard that he has Staph. Staph, for all of us ER watchers (and therefore certified physicians), clearly is a result of a fat desk clerk not washing his hands after using the potty.

Shame on you, fatty...

:P

Word is that he definitely did not get on that airplane. If it really is a leg infection (staph infection) then that is pretty serious stuff. This sucks so bad! An infection like that could take weeks to clear up. What's the point of even making the Cup finals if we have 4 D-men on the shelf?!? I'd almost rather lose to Carolina than lose another Cup finals. FU$%*#%#!

The bad breaks for this team keep on coming. Jillison playing for 10-20 minutes scares the heck out of me. Carolina will get to change last and you just know they will exploit this.

It's gonna take an absolute stormer of an effort tonight, but it was going to anyway.

I'm done complaining over injuries, bring it on I say!! Got some bad calls to go with that, bring those on too!! Whatever you got, throw it at me, cause I'M READY FOR IT!!

GO SABRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got plenty of questions...

Did he get on the plane?

Did he get off the plane?

Did he go to a hospital?

Which hospital?

How come this hasn't been picked up by the AP or CP?

IF this is indeed true, why is the sabres PR guy announcing it?

If the above is true, where do we send the flowers?

According to Simon, he was seen at a hospital in Buffalo. He did not make the trip to Carolina, but could be there for the faceoff.

I'm not going to panick until the opening faceoff...until then, you never know what is true/rumor, who is exaggerating, what exactly the story is.

I'm going to try and stay optimistic and hope that this is Lindy & the Sabres playing mind games with Carolina - they keep saying he's out, not gonna play, didn't make the trip, etc. - then he shows up in the pregame skate and pulls a Willis Reed...

I'm not going to panick until the opening faceoff...until then, you never know what is true/rumor, who is exaggerating, what exactly the story is.

I'm going to try and stay optimistic and hope that this is Lindy & the Sabres playing mind games with Carolina - they keep saying he's out, not gonna play, didn't make the trip, etc. - then he shows up in the pregame skate and pulls a Willis Reed...

Whatever it takes.

According to Simon, he was seen at a hospital in Buffalo. He did not make the trip to Carolina, but could be there for the faceoff.

I really think it would take an act of God, a cougar chewing off his leg, or his house burning down to keep him out of the lineup. We'll see, but my gut feeling is that is has to be extremly serious for Jay to miss a game 7.

I really think it would take an act of God, a cougar chewing off his leg, or his house burning down to keep him out of the lineup. We'll see, but my gut feeling is that is has to be extremly serious for Jay to miss a game 7.

If a cougar chewed off his leg he would sitll be in there and blocking shots. :lol: Just a thought, wouldn't it be funny if in the end this was just another ToddKaz rumor...it sure sounds like it.

I realize that there is not a lot of hockey coverage in the States - mainly b/c they don't care - but someone would have picked up on this by now...or at a minimum, TSN. The fact that only WGR and Channel 4 have the 'scoop' does just not add up for me....

Well the radio I've been listening too has said he did not make the flight, but they have a clip of him saying he will be meeting up with the team in Carolina sometime today.

Who knows how this is playing out, maybe he started to get that flu that the oilers had, or maybe his wife needed him to do some yard work around the house yesterday, or his kid had a dance recital or a big t-ball game he didn't want to miss (this is all assuming he is married with kids though) so the team said he could meet them their instead of fly with them.

Archived