Jay McKee

JCBoston

I realize that there is not a lot of hockey coverage in the States - mainly b/c they don't care - but someone would have picked up on this by now...or at a minimum, TSN. The fact that only WGR and Channel 4 have the 'scoop' does just not add up for me....

paul hamilton broke the story and Howard is running a lead whatever that means

Who cares about credibility if they have a clip of him saying he's going to Carolina?

Or is he just going to Carolina in your mind?

:)

No, they actually have a sound clip, but it just said "I will be joing the rest of the team today" So who knows if they used an old sound bite or if it was from a Press COnference, or interview done yesterday or this morning, or last year.

I still think its a bit of both - some truth and some spin to make it seem worse than it is (I hope)...maybe let Carolina get excited about us being down another top-4 defensemen, then he shows up & bursts their bubble...

Man, we have 3 wins in this series, and each win seems to have cost us a Defenseman.

Game 1 W (Numminen)

Game 3 W (Tallinder)

Game 6 W (McKee)

I'm not sure how long we can keep trading D-men for W's. Why do the sports gods hate us so much?

Why do the sports gods hate us so much?

Lindy cursed us yesterday by talking so much #%^$#!!!!! The gods make us all suffer for his sins.

This does strike me as curious though. Jay must have been fine when Lindy made his comments so suddenly he just deteriorated in a few hours before the team flight? Or it could be Lindy knew he wouldn't be ready and tried to put in on everyone else to back up his words; you know give them a little to fight for. With Lindy, you never will know until the puck drops what actually is happening. We'll have to wait and see.

Guys this could be very serious if it is indeed a staph infection. MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) can be life threatening.

Not only that, but between these guys using the same trainer, shower, and sipping out of the same bottles on Chippewa....this thing can spread like wildfire amongst the team. I hope he plays, licks his gloves and facewashes a Carolina player after every whistle.

Lindy cursed us yesterday by talking so much #%^$#!!!!! The gods make us all suffer for his sins.

This does strike me as curious though. Jay must have been fine when Lindy made his comments so suddenly he just deteriorated in a few hours before the team flight? Or it could be Lindy knew he wouldn't be ready and tried to put in on everyone else to back up his words; you know give them a little to fight for. With Lindy, you never will know until the puck drops what actually is happening. We'll have to wait and see.

personally I think it's good media, I mean he went crazy on everything else so it took all focus off of Jay. I am sure that is why things were said and done the way they were so that no one would know and it wouldn't leak until later. When you are in a situation when it's do or die, lets give the fans a reason to keep hope instead of give them every reason to give up. Good Move Lindy!!

He very well may have. Getting a flu shot doesn't guarantee that you won't get the flu.

And (as is the case with me) it can also GIVE you the flu for a day or two afterward. I'd rather take my chances at getting the flu to various degrees than I would guarantee myself getting a mild-moderate case of it.

Of course, I'm 29 (going on 50) and the flu isn't exactly life threatening.

Go to yahoo.com and look at the second last news story. :)

And (as is the case with me) it can also GIVE you the flu for a day or two afterward. I'd rather take my chances at getting the flu to various degrees than I would guarantee myself getting a mild-moderate case of it.

Of course, I'm 29 (going on 50) and the flu isn't exactly life threatening.

Did you get the shot or the nasal version? There is no way that the shot itself can give you the flu. The virus in the shot has been completely killed. The nasal version (Flu Mist) however has live attenuated virus which could possibly result in you getting the flu. Some people feel slightly ill after getting the flu shot but this is almost certainly due to allergy as opposed to viral infection.

Did you get the shot or the nasal version? There is no way that the shot itself can give you the flu. The virus in the shot has been completely killed. The nasal version (Flu Mist) however has live attenuated virus which could possibly result in you getting the flu. Some people feel slightly ill after getting the flu shot but this is almost certainly due to allergy as opposed to viral infection.

I haven't had a flu shot in 7 years, but I can tell you without any doubt that I DO come down with flu-like symptoms following both flu shots and tentanus shots. I experienced the same with the first (of three) Lyme Disease vaccinations, as well.

Whether it's an allergic reaction or something else, the result is the same. I get flu-like symptoms...So that (to me) is still less palatable than taking my chances.

If it is the flu? Micahael Jordan had it and we all know what happened in that basketball game, too bad Jay isn't a forward... :D :D

Now if it is staph, that's bad! I recall reading recently (think it was a past SI issue) how staph is effecting locker rooms... Progresses very rapidly and can kill very quickly if some blow it off as not serious. Not sure what Leonard Smith (Bills, early SB years)? But, it was career ending.

I hope we can get more details.

May God bless Jay and the Sabres... More impotantly Jay!

I couldn't see him playing if he had a staph infection. All indications point that he's got the flu, and that explains why he didn't travel with the team yesterday. It could pass on to other teammates in a closed space like an airplane.

I expect to see him on the ice tonight unless otherwise is said.

Archived