2024 NHL Playoffs - ROUND TWO

9 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I remember Vancouver after the loss to Boston back in maybe 17? Trashing the city, Rabid is the word 

2011 and I remember it well for a number of reasons but the best was just a few days after the riot I went over to Vancouver to see the Dropkick Murphys. Living on the island in Nanaimo at the time. Took the ferry over and when we hit the downtown it was surreal. All these boarded up windows and damaged businesses. It looked worse than the way they dress it up for filming The Last Of Us. Those fans had gone crazy. 

Dropkick Murphys have a big spoked B on their drumkit, spotlight on it and they play We Are The Champions to start their show. Taunted the crowd all night long. It was brilliant and unforgettable. I remember that night better than the actual cup games but everybody probably remembers Burrows and the finger bite. 

Lots of city council debates right now over possibly having outdoor viewing parties again. I believe they have agreed to try it now. 

51 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

2011 and I remember it well for a number of reasons but the best was just a few days after the riot I went over to Vancouver to see the Dropkick Murphys. Living on the island in Nanaimo at the time. Took the ferry over and when we hit the downtown it was surreal. All these boarded up windows and damaged businesses. It looked worse than the way they dress it up for filming The Last Of Us. Those fans had gone crazy. 

Dropkick Murphys have a big spoked B on their drumkit, spotlight on it and they play We Are The Champions to start their show. Taunted the crowd all night long. It was brilliant and unforgettable. I remember that night better than the actual cup games but everybody probably remembers Burrows and the finger bite. 

Lots of city council debates right now over possibly having outdoor viewing parties again. I believe they have agreed to try it now. 

That's awesome, a Boston Band Trolling! Is that where that Canadian dessert comes from Barre Nanaimo? I had one recently in Quebec and it was yummy

48 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

That's awesome, a Boston Band Trolling! Is that where that Canadian dessert comes from Barre Nanaimo? I had one recently in Quebec and it was yummy

yes indeed, Nanaimo Bars did in fact originate in Nanaimo. Beautiful small city just under 100,000 people including 1 hard core Sabres fan @bunomatic

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

yes indeed, Nanaimo Bars did in fact originate in Nanaimo. Beautiful small city just under 100,000 people including 1 hard core Sabres fan @bunomatic

I have have been as far west as Alberta/Banff area. In Canada (Alaska in the US) I need to get to Vancouver at some point, I hear great things. 

17 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

What goonery did the Bruins do? I didn't see any. 

Frederic is exactly the type of player the Sabres need. 

I still see the ghosts of O'Reilly, Milbury, etc skating out there. If they're wearing a spoked B, goonery exists. They're all fair game.

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Billznut said:

Watching a game like this just reminds us all just how far away the Sabres are from ever being a dominant, successful playoff team. They may make the playoffs next year or year after, but to actually be tough and succeed in the playoffs I just don’t see it with the makeup of most of the roster. 

Of all their deficiencies, toughness is numbero uno on the list. 

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Neither is Georgiev. 

I think Pasta was just trying to show he wasn't intimidated. I think it was no big deal. 

I think Pasta will be challenged again. Curious to see how he responds. If he's fighting he's not scoring. He's gonna be targeted. He/they are gonna wish he didn't join the fray.

8 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

This thread doesn't have the same gas as the first round thread, are we less interested?! Some good hockey going on. 

I'm watching. It is good. Boy, the Sabres are sooooo far away from playoff hockey.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, stinky finger said:

I think Pasta will be challenged again. Curious to see how he responds. If he's fighting he's not scoring. He's gonna be targeted. He/they are gonna wish he didn't join the fray.

Of course he will be targeted. Florida goes after the stars, it's their thing and fair enough I get it. The guy they are targeting most though is McAvoy. Forecheck and hit the D is their primary game plan and it's a good one - are you listening Lindy???

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Carolina is cooked. 

No push at all on the PP, giving up shorties, they've lost their mojo. 

Maybe be 2 sweeps in row 

NYR PK had more chances than the Canes PP.

I would have never bet on a sweep, I thought the Canes could win this series.

Maybe Brind’Amour does move.

Posted (edited)

As I watch the Rangers/Canes series I can't shake the impression that the Canes seem to be playing a less-inspired game than the Rangers. The Canes' body language reminds me somewhat of Toronto's.

Edited by ...
apostrophe

19 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Need Carolina to win this so the series is watchable 

And now the rest of this series is noooooooot

10 minutes ago, ... said:

As I watch the Rangers/Canes series I can't shake the impression that the Canes seem to be playing a less-inspired game than the Rangers. The Canes' body language reminds me somewhat of Toronto's.

I can’t shake the impression the playoffs were better before the in-division format 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2