AHL PLAYOFF GDT - Crunch @ Amerks - Friday, April 26, 2024 - 7:00 PM (EDT) AHL TV, 950/95.7 WROC

32 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Wad a great game. Got to meet the #1 star Isak Rosen after the game. A really nice kid who loves to come out and mingle with fans after the games. I have a pic, but I'll have to shrink it before this crappy site will let me add it, lol.

The Amerks played a tremendous game against a fellow 86-point franchise. Syracuse is not a crap team. They bottled up Rochester at times because they're good enough to do that.

And how about the games Wahlberg and Ostland had? Both players joining the Amerks late and already contributing. You could credit Wahlberg's arrival as a factor in Rochester going on a tear since March. 

Game 2 is Sunday at 3pm.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Wad a great game. Got to meet the #1 star Isak Rosen after the game. A really nice kid who loves to come out and mingle with fans after the games. I have a pic, but I'll have to shrink it before this crappy site will let me add it, lol.

Assuming you’re using your phone on sabrespace, here’s how you can “shrink” the size so it will upload. 

IMG_3602.jpeg

IMG_3603.png
For an iPhone, the options button is bottom left. Then just change the size to be under 500k for upload. 

Edited by Porous Five Hole
  • Thanks (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, JustOneParade said:

Can guys like Wahlberg and Östlund, and even Savioe, play in ROC next season?

Yes. I believe Komarov will be another one eligible. I think he and Savoie could join them if their teams get knocked out of the CHL playoffs and the Amerks are still playing. I am not sure if they could play, (Savoie has played there and is under contract) but they could be a part of the Black Aces for the playoff run.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JustOneParade said:

Can guys like Wahlberg and Östlund, and even Savioe, play in ROC next season?

All 3 are eligible and under contract. So as far as I know the Sabres control where they play.

Östlund and Savoie are expected to for sure. Uncertain about the plan for Wahlberg.

I thought Östlund was the most dangerous Amerk on the ice last night. He’s small, but fast and always moving and involved; he’s looked that way every time I’ve watched him play.

But even though he attacks the game like Benson, he doesn’t show Benson’s ability to get underneath bigger guys to win puck battles. Definite hole in his game even though overall he’s looked effective.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

I can’t get over how young these Amerks are.

Last night they dressed 7 rookies: Neuchev 20, Östlund 20, Wahlberg 18, Johnson 22, Novikov 20, Metsa 24 and Levi 22

And 2nd year players: Kulich 20, Rosen 21

2nd-year guys Kisakov and Kozak, each 21, are among the spares.

• Like (+1) 1

Lukas Rousek, Viktor Neuchev, Zach Metsa, and Nikita Novikov totaled one assist each in the win.

Devon Levi (1-0) made 35 saves in his postseason debut to become the first rookie goaltender to win a playoff game for Rochester since Andrey Makarov did so on May 2, 2014. Levi was also the first netminder to earn the win in his debut since Ryan Miller on April 20, 2005.

https://www.amerks.com/games

30 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Lukas Rousek, Viktor Neuchev, Zach Metsa, and Nikita Novikov totaled one assist each in the win.

Devon Levi (1-0) made 35 saves in his postseason debut to become the first rookie goaltender to win a playoff game for Rochester since Andrey Makarov did so on May 2, 2014. Levi was also the first netminder to earn the win in his debut since Ryan Miller on April 20, 2005.

https://www.amerks.com/games

Earned is the operative word. They had little chance without Levi last night. He was spectacular. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The Amerks played a tremendous game against a fellow 86-point franchise. Syracuse is not a crap team. They bottled up Rochester at times because they're good enough to do that.

And how about the games Wahlberg and Ostland had? Both players joining the Amerks late and already contributing. You could credit Wahlberg's arrival as a factor in Rochester going on a tear since March. 

Game 2 is Sunday at 3pm.

Wahlbergs first goal was a thing of beauty. No one was stopping him. 

Edited by Claude Balls

4 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Assuming you’re using your phone on sabrespace, here’s how you can “shrink” the size so it will upload. 

IMG_3602.jpeg

IMG_3603.png
For an iPhone, the options button is bottom left. Then just change the size to be under 500k for upload. 

2 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Anyone know how to to shrink a photo small enough to post on this garbage website. It's a ***** nightmare everytime. Never had a problem on any other site. I must be doing something wrong. 

It is what you make of it 😀

• Haha (+1) 1