Lindy Ruff officially hired as Sabres HC

LGR4GM

6 minutes ago, TRIP65 said:

You are NOT ok with 8 seasons of 99 points???

I mean sure we can go another round of Coaches then hire Ruff at 73 and 23 years of No Playoffs

Sounds like a PLAN

No my posts in this thread have been in favour of the coaching hire 

2 minutes ago, TRIP65 said:

So the Sabres with 13 NO PLAYOFF SEASONS is on a CUP RUN????

Geez, I hope they can back in next year like McDermott!

Who you kidding???????

This Roster on offense has 6 keepable players.

What does this have to do with Lindy?

Adams as the GM is in charge of the roster assets available. The current core of the roster will make the playoffs this coming seadon, bank on it. It's up to Kyven, not Lindy, to acquire the pieces for cup contention. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

PR hire buries the headline: A competent veteran coach

Veteran competence > upside potential.

finally.

This is a team full of kids that seems to *CARE* about the PR. That’s the rub. For good or ill.

They’ll respect Ruff. He’ll do enough to get them in the playoffs.

Is he an amazing coach? No. Will his veteran experience mine SOME points over the course of 82? Yes.

no stone unturned 

800+ wins 5th all time is not Amazing

Had a Team to win in his Second year with Sabres for the Stanley Cup and the LEAGUE stole it.

Most Coaches would have failed and been a Alcoholic

He rebuilt the Sabres 3 times, new players and went to the Conference Championships all 3 times

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

I'm going to barf if he fills his staff with anybody named Ellis or Wilford.

What about this Wilford?

Diabetes Cheesecake GIF

I believe the corpse of Wilford Brimley gives more to the Sabres than most on Donny's staff

2 minutes ago, TRIP65 said:

800+ wins 5th all time is not Amazing

Had a Team to win in his Second year with Sabres for the Stanley Cup and the LEAGUE stole it.

Most Coaches would have failed and been a Alcoholic

He rebuilt the Sabres 3 times, new players and went to the Conference Championships all 3 times

🖕 Pegula/Adams. 

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Andrew. Burnette. 

Frankly I think the Brunette thing is a bit overblown. He certainly was a boon for them 2 years ago but this year NJ had 3 goalies that made ours from last year look good and 2 or 3 Dmen out most of the year.

16 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

I'm going to barf if he fills his staff with anybody named Ellis or Wilford.

Ellis can become a new assistant coach called the “4th line coordinator”

Edited by OverPowerYou

7 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

I'm interested in knowing what players are soon to be FA's from Dallas and or NJ that might be willing to come and play for him.

There are only 3 players left in Dallas from when he was there. NJ has no prominent UFAs. Brendan Smith is a gritty veteran player who actually plays D and wing. He might fit in as an 8th D or 13th forward. Smith was in NY when Ruff was an assistant with the Rangers. 

• Like (+1) 1

Welcome home Lindy Ruff save our Buffalo Sabres. Yes I think the Sabres are in trouble in Buffalo the most since the Adelphia bankruptcy because of what has gone on here for 13 years since Lindy Ruff was fired. Some Sabres fans need to wake up the Sabres can’t have empty seats night after night the NHL is a major league sport. Thank you Terry Pegula you finally see the light better late than never. The Buffalo Sabres in the playoffs next season in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Either Keven Adams hired a new social media influencer or you are really passionate about Lindy Ruff. 😂 

Fire Adams now that we have a REAL NHL Coach

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Frankly I think the Brunette thing is a bit overblown. He certainly was a boon for them 2 years ago but this year NJ had 3 goalies that made ours from last year look good and 2 or 3 Dmen out most of the year.

And, after they let Lindy go, the Devils completely fell apart.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Happy Days said:

Ruff coached 22 seasons. 11 he made the playoffs. 11 he missed the playoffs. He had 1 great coaching season and 4 missed playoffs over his last 5 coaching seasons. 

I hope he brings some great assistants.

Context missy

Dallas hadn't been to Playoffs since 2008. Ruff in three years had them in for 2014

Same with NJ, they sucked, rebuilt and they went to the Playoffs with the youngest Team. Ruff was runner up for Coach of the year last year.

With Sabres he was in Playoffs 8X with 4 Conference Championship games and Stanley Cup Final Stolen by the League

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Unless the roster is improved, the coach won't matter much. 

Respectfully, I disagree. They'll be in the playoffs next year with Lindy behind the bench, and hear me out LG. They've never experienced a coach with his style yet, was he the best choice? No, I concur with you that it was a knee jerk reaction to both the "soft" label and the brand destruction that has occurred. Adams has to address the roster, that will be meaningful assets moving out to bring in that which could propel the team to competitive contention. But Lindy isn't a horrible choice, given the bar is low and so are the revenue generating coffers. Is it a shi tty deal for us that want a cup? Half and half, since nothing is guaranteed, but Pegula knows he has to right the ship. Just my view, my honest view, is all.

Just now, Scottysabres said:

Respectfully, I disagree. They'll be in the playoffs next year with Lindy behind the bench, and hear me out LG. They've never experienced a coach with his style yet, was he the best choice? No, I concur with you that it was a knee jerk reaction to both the "soft" label and the brand destruction that has occurred. Adams has to address the roster, that will be meaningful assets moving out to bring in that which could propel the team to competitive contention. But Lindy isn't a horrible choice, given the bar is low and so are the revenue generating coffers. Is it a shi tty deal for us that want a cup? Half and half, since nothing is guaranteed, but Pegula knows he has to right the ship. Just my view, my honest view, is all.

They are missing a key ingredient and Lindy won't provide it. It comes from within. 

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Unless the roster is improved, the coach won't matter much. 

I'll have to disagree with you here.  The roster definitely needs to improve, but I think a coach could have gotten more than, not much, out of the current one.

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

They are missing a key ingredient and Lindy won't provide it. It comes from within. 

I'm not sure we know that yet but we're about to.  There might be more in the belly of some of these players.  I'm anxious to find out.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Respectfully, the coaching change "might" enable this team to sneak into the playoffs as they are built now, but no coach will achieve a championship level of success in the playoffs with this roster.  We lack key types of players.  Watching other teams brutalize each other should be a signal to GMKA that he needs high energy guys who will hit, finish checks and battle like nobody currently on the Sabres right now.

• Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1