Adams & Granato to return?

inkman

4 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Is it safe to assume that Friday is simply the day after locker clean outs and player evaluations? 

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Yes.

If Pegula (?) waits until after then to fire these twits, this team is more ***** than I thought.  And I’m not sure I want them fired but make a decision already. 

This season played out very much like 2016/17.

A 78-point season of regression after a season of hope that the rebuild was coming to a close.

It resulted in Bylsma and Murray getting shown the door.

I see 2 differences: the internal organization was far more fractured then, the fan base is far more impatient now.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

If Pegula (?) waits until after then to fire these twits, this team is more ***** than I thought.  And I’m not sure I want them fired but make a decision already. 

They won’t make it until Friday if they are getting fired.

I will be shocked if Adams is fired. I don’t expect Granato to be, but I won’t be surprised if he is.

I think public relations demands some form of sacrificial lamb, but I doubt he has it in him.

Im not sure if he can do any better than “we’re committed to our plan and we will be working hard to get better”.

Which ain’t gonna cut it with this group.

• Like (+1) 8

I hate to say this as I try not to be a big “what if” guy.  But I really think if Quinn never got hurt we’d be in the playoffs.  
Maybe Adams fault is that he never adequately replaced him.  But my point is I don’t think Adams is the problem.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Mr. Allen said:

I hate to say this as I try not to be a big “what if” guy.  But I really think if Quinn never got hurt we’d be in the playoffs.  
Maybe Adams fault is that he never adequately replaced him.  But my point is I don’t think Adams is the problem.  

I have Quinn at 28 goals for full season, based on 9 G  in 26 games, though if he scores tonight that is higher. Ya, that could of made a difference. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I have Quinn at 28 goals for full season, based on 9 G  in 26 games, though if he scores tonight that is higher. Ya, that could of made a difference. 

No. The Sabres are bad. They need changes. 

23 minutes ago, Mr. Allen said:

No we wouldn't. We'd have won 2-3 more games. We're bad offensively. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

5 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I don't think the simple projection over an 82 game season gives you an accurate estimate of his potential annual production because he came back from serious injuries, twice this season. Give him a healthy start and year, and I'd say he's a 35-40 goal scorer.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I don't Kevin to make me feel better with rhetoric or sacrificial lambs.

I have three questions I want answered:

1) One of the league's best offence's disappeared this season, apparently for 3 reasons: the power play was awful, the team could never get bodies and pucks to the net to score any greasy goals, and the team's 5 best goal scorers all regressed significantly.

Why did this happen and how are you going to fix it?

2) This team was absolutely terrible in the first period on hockey games.

Why did this happen and how are you going to fix it?

3) Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen was among the league's best goalies since Jan. 1. Beyond that, the team and its individual players did not post particularly good numbers in any particular part of the game.

What are you going to do to make sure the Sabres won't be so reliant on one man to be the difference between winning and losing?

i want to see a plan for addressing these issues and I will hold him responsible for its execution.

I think at the least, the first two questions speak directly to coaching. Accordingly, anything less than replacing Granato and his entire staff represents being in denial.

Edited by phil_soisson
  • Agree 4

"Hey Kevyn, quick question for you. Who was in charge of coaching for the league worst 45% on faceoffs this year? And an immediate follow up to the first query: We can all agree that man is a failure, makes us cry, and has been charged with crimes against humanity right?"