OT - Sabres the most stressful team to cheer for

steveoath

Huh? How is it stressful? 

Stress is such an overused word these days. There's zero stress sitting on your butt watching a hockey game. ZERO. 

But in terms of relative angst I can't see it with the Sabres either. Stress (even in that lightweight definition) would imply some sort of cardiac kids thing where all your games are 1 goal games, OT, everything is close. Sabres are definitely not that. 

• Like (+1) 1

We're for sure #1, but I'd put the Oilers at #2. Having the stars they have, with their lack of success would be pretty stressful. Knowing McDavid's likely bolting when he's a UFA would hang over your head pretty badly.

Edit: I just read the criteria closer and I guess they're only looking at variances in goal differential across periods. Looks like that's just another stressor to throw on the pile. In the grand scheme of things, this rates pretty low in terms of what stresses a Sabres fan.

Edited by JoeSchmoe
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Huh? How is it stressful? 

Stress is such an overused word these days. There's zero stress sitting on your butt watching a hockey game. ZERO. 

But in terms of relative angst I can't see it with the Sabres either. Stress (even in that lightweight definition) would imply some sort of cardiac kids thing where all your games are 1 goal games, OT, everything is close. Sabres are definitely not that. 

I’m quoting you but it’s like no one read the article/post

I thought it self-explanatory at first too but there’s actually an interesting variable at play, it’s about a team’s goal differential swinging wildly from one period to the next 

it’s specifically about this year’s team

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

I’m quoting you but it’s like no one read the article/post

I thought it self-explanatory at first too but there’s actually an interesting variable at play, it’s about a team’s goal differential swinging wildly from one period to the next 

it’s specifically about this year’s team

I personally don't find the goal differential thing hard to explain.

We start slow because we are not well coached, we are often unprepared for the specifics of the opposition, and as well, the opposition comes at us harder and if/when they get a lead they coast thinking "it's the Sabres, easy night".

We have a good third because we are young and fast so the opposition on back to backs and road trips can be tired and/or they get caught napping with the lead and we play loose and attack and that's our strength. 

It's not stressful. It is to be expected.  

17 hours ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

This is one of those Duhhhhhhhh things...LOL 13 years no playoff sniff...enuf said

Yeah but it's impressive when the fancy stats back it up.

Luckily Buffalo fans know how to imbibe their coping mechanism.

• Awesome! (+1) 1