GDT - Red Wings @ Sabres - 7:00 PM (EDT) - Tuesday, March 12, 2024 - MSG

1 minute ago, Turbo44 said:

A lot of batching about power and Krebs for a 7-2 games. Power is 21 and Krebs is not the teams future 3C, Östlund is

The future is now.  Östlund should go straight to Rochester. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Shoot da Puck said:

Yeah, and it's Trono, not Toronto 

This one is still legit. My perception is that the egotistical "we're the center of the universe" Torontonians say "Tor-On-Toe". where they overemphasize every syllable. The rest of Canada says Tronno or Toronno.

In fact, I find all the hipster Torontonians like to over-pronounce all their syllables in every word, whether it being talking about their city, or anything else they want to tell you they're now superior for. Its to prove how educated they are. All the people I knew growing up in St Catharines that moved on to Toronto seemed to start talking like that. I call it the Toronto accent (or in my Niagara vernacular "Toronno accent").

Edited by JoeSchmoe
  • Agree 1

I think people here are far too hard on Krebs and Power. Krebs needs some stability on a line with some more offensive players. Power just needs to get older. Defense takes a lot of time to get. He’s very young.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, JoeSchmoe said:

This one is still legit. My perception is that the egotistical "we're the center of the universe" Torontonians say "Tor-On-Toe". where they overemphasize every syllable. The rest of Canada says Tronno or Toronno.

In fact, I find all the hipster Torontonians like to over-pronounce all their syllables so as to prove how educated they are. All the people I knew growing up in St Catharines that moved on to Toronto seemed to start talking like that. I call it the Toronto accent (or in my Niagara vernacular "Toronno accent").

I pronounce Toronto shithole.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Almost comical how Sabres are always great late in season and don't make play offs 

I got a text from a Canucks fan, friend, in second period. It read, and I quote, “The Sabres are amazing when there’s nothing to play for huh? ”

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

I got a text from a Canucks fan, friend, in second period. It read, and I quote, “The Sabres are amazing when there’s nothing to play for huh? ”

If Demko doesn't come back healthy, the only thing they're playing for is the President's Trophy

Edited by Sabres73
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1